GT Sport Season 6 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Photo finish much? Would've liked to see this race streamed too. :thumbsup:
    Pubs16 and Ian Cannan like this.
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    No pace.
  3. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Ohh yeah it was lol. Huge battling the last couple laps 3rd to 6th, will have to get a highlight package up and couple photos of the finish for sure!

A Div 2 stream would be amazing! Demo1 Garage does a great job, I always catch up on the Div1 race after ours.
  4. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Highlight vid, hope it’s not too hard to follow lol, first time cutting an actual replay down rather than my own POV recording.

Congratulations to @X-WTF_MAN-X, solid drive dude well deserved. @deedz_aus and @Ian Cannan great job and well done to come out the end in 2nd and third. Was a massive on the edge race throughout the whole field, some great racing and battling going on the whole duration, it was tough to cut anything out! Pretty much anywhere you looked, a pass or a run was happening.

My race; I pulled a time out of my ass on the last lap of quali to just edge by @X-WTF_MAN-X for pole, close times for the whole field it seemed. Not too bad of a start but through the first lap I just couldn’t get into a rhythm straight away and got passed by WTFman early, then pretty much the whole field not long after lol, being clumsy. Add on the fact I made a big moment out of the last turn kerb several laps in, really setting me back. Had to just dig deep and press on.
    Wasn’t really sure on a startegy so just held out for half way or so before I decided to move to softs and try and move back up a bit. Luckily 7th to 3rd was quite close together and probably not at optimum speed, which allowed me to catch back up to the back of the train. Was so intense for probably the last 9 laps or so as everyone had a podium in sight. It was awesome fun and pretty great to watch as I was going through the replay.
    By the last lap it was gonna be tight and it sure was, @Ozglenn running wide last turn, beat him by .005 to the line, couldn’t believe it haha. Noteworthy mentions to @Ian Cannan, @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @Ozglenn for some hard, fair racing through the majority of the race. @BMWF30328, @NAACS, @Hihatjoe and @TasTim2, sorry to see you guys have issues or a blunder at some point as you guys were very well up amongst it all too.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 5 :
    Nurburgring 24hr - 10 laps - 15:00 Cloudy - 10/3 (Endurance Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT - This will be limited to ONE out lap and ONE timed lap
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  6. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

In for Nurburg. Not looking forward to it, as I have done basically zero practice (for what is required) and still don't know the turns. Watch out for me Sunday! :p
    deedz_aus likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. LennonLegend1993

I’ll be hosting this week (and potentially the rest of the season) as Shane can’t join TasTim or Deedz’s rooms.

Would anyone like to start 30 minutes early this round? 8:00 AEDT instead of the normal 8:30?
  9. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    An 8:00AEDT works for me. That way I'll get in the sack before mid-night, Yay!.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  10. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry guys I am going out for my Birthday dinner can not make 8 pm start
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  11. LennonLegend1993

But you can make 8:30?
  12. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    Im out this week, hoping I should be fine for the rest of the season.
  13. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I made the dinner earlier so I will try and make 8pm start just have to see how I go .......I will be there by 8:30
  14. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Unfortunately I can’t make it this weekend, going up to Cairns tomorrow till Monday. Hope you all enjoy and good luck! See you guys at Tokyo; which I’d rather miss than Nurburgring lol.
  15. LennonLegend1993

All good mate. Because we wont have 100% agreement, we will stick with the 8:30 (eastern time) as per normal.
  16. Shane Edgar

Shane Edgar Rookie

Ill be there if i can join
    If not might just flag the rest of the season as there's no point continuing
  17. LennonLegend1993

You had no issues with my room at Bluemoon thus why I’ll host this week. Hope to see you there mate.
  18. Shane Edgar

Shane Edgar Rookie

Fingers crossed
  19. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    im in.
    Either time will suffice for me.
  20. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi, Yeah it was a great race by WTF. I really thought my early pit on lap 4 (from the back of the field - with my short shorstshifting for those first 4 laps would allow me to do the under cut - and I did for the whole field - accept WTF. I thought I would get a lead in front of him - but he was so fast and consistent on those RH's - it really was a demonstration by him. When he came out 3.5 secs in front of me I prayed he was on RSS' on lap 16 (I think) and they would go away real fast... but no he consistently pulled between .75 and 1 sec per lap for the next 8 laps. Meanwhile whizz was coming, also with much fresher tyres and I had to abandon short shifting and pick up my pace...Deedz distracted him for a few laps but when he got past whizz, with my tyres now 22 laps old, he was on a charge. I had not made one error but on lap 28 with deeds .4 behind me under brakes at Turn 2 I ran wide, touched the ripple strip and got absolutely flicked to the inside barrier like a switch - second place was gone... the blanket over positions 3-7 meant in the 4 secs it took me to back off the barrier and continue, I was 8th......pretty annoyed with myself to have run such a clean and smart strategy to just screw up like that - but congrats to the podium who got the job done.. mmmm nurburghring.....yee hah
    Pubs16 and Noxrai like this.