GT Sport Season 6 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I'm ok with the early start.
    Given the obvious compatibility issues between myself and @UrsineSaturn9 which prevented me from racing last week, I would suggest changing host if this issue arises again tonight.
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Well doesn’t look good with no replies from a few.
    How about we start early and if anyone joins before 8:20, we wait for them to do their hot lap ?
  3. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    If it was an ongoing problem with multiple hosts, then it really isn’t a problem with the host.
    However, happy for you to host if there’s a problem if you being stuck.

I do however suggest both of you check your networking with a third being a host.
  4. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    He joined a room I hosted without issue last Sunday after the race. Hopefully there will be no issues but I'd like to try if there is.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Our only option I guess.
  6. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Hence I mention testing with a 3rd host. When you host, then problems w your networking is less of a problem.
  7. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    Why didn’t we test with a 2nd host last week then?
    pat65 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Azzbang on pole. Shaneprimera actually finished 10th as he disconnected after BomCat.
    lap times are on PSN community wall.
    others are millsy 8:51.135
    Shane 8:38.895
    BomCat 9:02.733
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done @Luke , @aranteamo and @incey for the podiums, I stuffed it all up, two offs on my qually lap put me in 7th on the grid, knocked sideways at turn 1 2 to be back to last. moved up a couple of places as others went off only to have shaneprimera who was in our room because he couldn't get into the div 2 room, knock me off track twice, after the second one I just pulled over and let him go. I had a good time chasing @Bluemoon but a couple of errors every time I got close meant I never could catch him and then he seemed to get faster anyway as he was chasing Incey. Well done moon. I came home 5th after all that.
    With Luke and azzbang finishing 1 - 2 and me only 5th I have dropped away in the championship battle. It was fun being in the thick of the champ battle while it lasted as I never expected to be.
    Russell, incey, UrsineSaturn9 and 2 others like this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Fun race tonight, though not the tidiest. Had a great battle chasing down @OZIMO-TUBBY_85 on lap 1 and got past after he made a small error. I then tried to capitalise on an error from @Dermott Brereton but made a hash of it and bumped him off. Sorry mate! Terrible spot too just before the long straight so had to slow down to redress though in retrospect probably would have been better if I gave the slipstream down the straight instead as suddenly got very crowded. After that pulled off another clean move around @OZIMO-TUBBY_85 after the pitstop phase and then was relatively uneventful until the last lap when @OZIMO-TUBBY_85 had caught me up again on my dying RSS tyres. He would have had me on the straight to if not for a mistake on the second carousel. So, started in 6th and finished in 6th. Happy enough with that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Yeah that's unlucky emmo. You did well considering the tough qual and lap 1. Just watched the replay of turn 1,2 etc and yeah you got caught in a meatgrinder lol. Still 5th place is not too shabby! Still 2 races. Anyone's game.
    Matthyus, emmo46 and aranteamo like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It was reported @Shane Edgar started on softs... can someone confirm? If so, relegated to last.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Next week should be 27 laps. I can lap at 1:40 which is 100 seconds.. 100 seconds into 2700 (45 mins) is 27.
  14. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Definitely started on softs. May have been a mistake as he joined late and was probably a bit rushed.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Yes I considered that. Due to mitigating circumstances is why I would only relegate to last (behind all dsc's) instead of DSQ
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  16. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I was lapping low 1:39's with the occasional 38's on hards last night. Laps times will drop on softer tyres.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Yeah I watched that redress and the ensuing on the replay, hectic
  18. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Yeah Ursine that pic where you guys are practically 4 wide is insane.
    Noxrai likes this.
  19. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237
    Well it's safe to say that my race did not go as planned. I started with pole position, but I was slow off the line and found myself back in third place by turn two. Having to sit back and watch deltron open up a gap while being protected by his teammate (incey) was not sitting well with me. Which led to a failed overtake attempt on incey. Sorry again mate. All was not lost as I found myself back in 2nd place about a lap later. By lap 4 I was back within 4 seconds of Luke. I had convinced myself that he must be doing a one stop strategy. So I decided to start saving fuel and use the same approach. Knowing that getting past incey and the others would not be an easy task. To my surprise Luke tucked into the Pits at the end of lap 4 leaving me quite literally high and dry on fuel. Ouch with a dramatically depowered car I was losing serious time. No longer was I worried about Luke. My attention had turned to staying in front of incey. By the end of Luke's second pit stop he had a 20 second gap on me. I had used lap seven and eight to conserve fuel so I could have a crack at the fastest lap witch I got on lap 9 to my surprise at the beginning of the last lap the gap was down to 10 seconds knowing good and well I would not have enough fuel to push for the whole lap i figured I would push for half a lap and pray for a mistake from Luke. He was having none of this though he maintained the 10 second gap for most of the lap at this point I knew I was beat and had to depower once more. I limped across the line for second. Hats off to Luke for the win and to incey for the team work and podium finish.
    Hey Ricky Bobby when are you going to slingshot incey in for a win. Lol
    emmo46, Russell, Luke and 4 others like this.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    cool story azz but i was actually trying to catch luke not block you, it just happened to work out that way. when i try to leave room i tend to throw myself off track so i was trying to be as quick as I could whilst not crashing.
    i did a pb on rh then double pb on the softs. the other 7 laps were terrible. i just couldn't maintain focus especially the last couple of laps when i almost gifted moon a spot a few times. One of my better results at the nord but still not a very enjoyable race. Very lucky to end up on the podium i think