GT Sport Season 6 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Look at easy butter the stats guy up. :x3:
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Makes it look so easy
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99

Makes interesting viewing... thought I had better wait for you fec in hind-sight. I made the wrong decision.
    well done to the Podium and Johno who has 1 and half hands on the title
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 6 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    My apologies Vardz for the incident at turn 1, I was caught by surprise by Dazza's hard brake and tried to avoid him. The clip with the wall just wall prior must have unsettled the car.

I just read an email message from our Vice Chancellor re Christchurch...puts all this into perspective.
  6. LennonLegend1993

Good result in 5th mate!
    After a few of your posts about under performing a few weeks ago, good to see a solid result.
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  7. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Thanks but I'll came back to the pack next week, Brands is one of my not so favourite tracks.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  8. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Wondering what happened there. The bumping didn't help. Then looked like you braked a tad lap ohh well. Pitty as it spread out the cars and made the race boring. Was pretty much doing practice laps.
    But played the team game and the strat worked perfectly this week and made sure johnno got max points.
    Easyprey007, Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Awesome race!!

Well my battle with @fezza was great, poor @VARDZ and @T F Eccles had a mishap on turn 1 - don't know if my replay if the same as theirs, i included it below to see what i was looking at.

We waited for @Jurassic Mark to finish his download, with minutes to go, then Sooby - We later discovered @scottb721 stuck on grid.

I got a couple of practise sessions in, i figured i would be pitting somewhere between lap 2 and lap 7 - with others saying possibly lap 1. I was already unsure about pushing towards sooner, as the shortshifting was cruelling my lap times. Managed to sometimes get some good times, but was more sporadic than consistant. I managed to get a great time in for Q - but was still 5th or so. Got away to a bad start - just wasn't waiting for the lights to drop, and let brake off late, that big a surprise that it threw me right to the first corner, finally turning TCS off and hitting the wall instead of the crowd.

Settled into the pack at the front...though @Dazza had already got away by then...and was hesitant to try anything fancy to get past @Matthyus, given his crowing about being able to pit at lap 1 - and he still wasn't pitting. Noone else was pitting...i was considering an undercut on them all - but knew cruelling my lap times might hurt in a battle. So I decided to wait until someone else pitted, and then add one lap. I saw Johnno take a wide line lap 2 and thought he was going in - but he turned in and came out of the hairpin in front of me. Was trying not to get too used to revving the gears right out while waiting for the first lemming to jump. Dazza and Johnno went in lap 4 - i almost followed them but was late to react. Pitted next lap, with @COME_AND_GET_ME7 and Fezza still fighting each other for track position, to come out behind @robin edwards in 7th of 11. Had an opportunity to overtake RAE on the hairpin, but I tried that during 1st flyer in qually...didn't go well there, so I let it go. Managed to get past Rae and CAGM just in time for Fezza to come out of pits in front of me. He almost managed to block me but I had the speed to get around...just. My entire race for from lap 7 to lap 22 was all about the battle between Fezza and I. A few other people popped in and out, but we were within a second of each other the whole time - more often beside each other right around the corners. Had a great time - accidently bumped him a few times when he braked earlier than I expected, glad he managed to hold it together, I could have got past a few times but couldn't do it after rubbibg metal. I assume the replay showing you were on hards was just showing incorretly Fezza?!! I was just keeping up on SS, though it also looked like you didn't take any fuel? Anyway...I had a blast! You managed a great run out of the hairpin/ through the full speed corners, I think most of your overtaking was done there. Great racecraft there, much kudos. Was so damn hard to get past, you just plonked your car right in the spot I wanted to be. I tried bluffing a few times, didn't work at all!

I made it past yet again at the end of lap 22...thinking the battle was still on, but found the gap opening up. Thought he might have clipped a corner or something, but then saw the gap widen to 3, 4 and more seconds...and knew it must be about fuel - right? Was actually kind of devo, was having a great battle! What happened Fezza?

I didn't want a repeat of my Willow race, losing 2 places on the last corner, so told myself the pressure is still on. But I took it a little safer too. I saw Vardz overtake Fezza, and start closing in on me - but the 8 seconds gap was too big to catch in a few laps, he wasn't catching up that quick!

Well done to everyone...see you all at Brands, a track that usually hates me, but seems a little milder in the great handling of this car...hopefully we see strategy play as good a part in this race as it has to date.

fezza, incey, Hatfield and 4 others like this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looks like an intense race and well done on the podium. "To fuel or not to fuel?" that was the question I asked myself also. I decided to not fuel and ran out just as I crossed the line, but do wonder if a quick splash may have seen enough improvement in my lap times to justify the time lost in the pits.
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So what was the code over the radio to let the captain get by
    Edit: Have just re read it... there was no need for a radio call as it was pre determined...
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Were there any major pit line cutting in this division that any of you are concerned about?
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Dunno. Presumably you mean on pit entry. I didn't actually see anyone else pit i.e. wasn't at the pit entry at the time someone else entered.
  14. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    None that I noticed...

Though I could self report myself, didn't dive bomb in, but i didn't follow the lines perfectly...didn't gain position from it though.
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I’m pretty sure I cut the line, mostly because I didn’t even realise that the pits were there. Just messed up the hair pin and ended up in the lane hahahaha.
  16. Macca87AUS

Macca87AUS New Recruit

PSN ID
    macca87aus
    I nearly did that a couple of times :laugh:
  17. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Hmm I might be out for Sunday. Just rolled my right ankle at my lunchtime boxing class, don't know how it will affect driving. I left foot brake so no issue there. Actually just realised it's
    a genuine concern since I'll need to drive home today!
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  18. LennonLegend1993

It's all in the mind you know :cool:
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    as somebody who has rolled an ankle more times than I could count on ALL appendages, i can say that you'll be fine by Sunday.
    Noxrai likes this.
  20. LennonLegend1993

How many ankles do you have!?
    Noxrai likes this.