GT Sport Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    The week's practice sessions paid off. I was "on it" during quali, trading FL with @Matthyus and may have taken pole with my last lap save for those darn sausages at the final chicane! I think those same sausages (particularly the first one) cost me FL for the race too as I was purple for the first two sectors on my final lap having decided to have a crack at it with low fuel and relatively OK tyres.

Throughout the week leading up I'd practised for a one-stop but last night, seeing the pace I had relative to the others, decided on a two-stop. Save for a self-induced off and a few iffy turns into the hairpin, it would have been a closer finish I think. Certainly the last 10 laps on fresh softs saw me coming home with a wet sail.
  2. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Another race for me where the Fittipaldi feels so much different from the first half of the seasono_O
    Anyone else feel like the car dynamics have changed? Or has everyone just got the hang of it while i’ve fallen off the cliff?:cautious:

Qualli was as expected:
    Crap!

Race:
    Start was ok. Got up to second with a lucky pass on @T F Eccles & @emmo46 after a lap or 2 & with @Matthyus in front, I felt like I could catch him even while fuel saving as I was planning on a 2 stop (15 laps on RS, 1 on RM, then RS again til finish) but pushed too hard & spun at the 4 apex lefts and was back to 4th, almost 5th (sorry @Aza2672 :unsure:) which made me rethink strategy as pushing hard to catch up again I would only be looking for more trouble. So extreme fuel saving was required which got me a total of 18 laps on the RS then pitted for RM which actually felt so much better (go figure??)
    Set about trying to reel in @Matthyus but not enough laps to close a 9 second gap knowing I still had to fuel save a little.
    Got the gap down to 3.5 but was running on fumes last lap & ran out 100m from the finish. Still another podium is good.

Well done to @emmo46 for the Win and Championship, @Matthyus for 2nd in race & possibly the championship as well!
    (I may not be able to make next weeks race, but I’m not giving up hope yet!;))
    It’s been a really enjoyable season that, before it started I thought I wouldn’t even be able to attend most races. Cheers to everyone Involved!:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Matthyus, JonoStan96 and emmo46 like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Feels much the same to me but then I drive it nearly every day and maybe didn't pick up any changes

That was an excellent pass and if you hadn't gone off it would have been a difficult race for me to win from there. If @Matthyus hadn't had a problem with the sausages I probably wouldn't have been able to pass him either which means if we one stopped I would have to pass him with us both on RM or if I two stopped it meant I would have to pass him with my RS and then built a big enough gap to him to pit again. Luckily I was able to build enough gap before the pit stops to make either strategy viable. I was more comfortable on the RS so went for the two stopper. I wasn't bothering to save fuel in this race.

Thanks Buster
    Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The physics of the game changed completely between update 1.38 and 1.39. So yeah it’s not just you who thinks the car handles like an absolute bucket of diarrhea now lol. I have an in depth analysis below if you’d like to learn more
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...ance-tour-powered-by-hi-tec-oils.3440/page-37
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Feels mostly the same to me but if anything it picked up a little more under-steer after the recent physics update.
    Qualli was as expected:
    Crap!

So @Buster_Danis, where is your secret Nitrous button? ;)@emmo46 & I went into that final corner almost side-by-side, I gave him racing room, and as I was looking to see where he was, whoosh! you appeared out of no where! Good move though.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We obviously left each other too much room if he was able to pass between us. :eek:
  7. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Yep definitely feels like too much weight shift to front end under braking with a tonne of understeer! Whereas before it (Fittipaldi) would switch from understeer to oversteer making it fun to drive if you were gentle on entry and exit. Now spend way too much time pulling it up to successfully get around each corner. (which unfortunately doesn’t always happen!)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

If someone could share the replay on GT Sport I’d appreciate it heaps!:thumbsup:
    Had to delete some old replays as I had no space to save it last night.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll give it a shot when I get home
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    1 word sums up my race - Sausages

Pre Qual Practise
    Slotted in some very nice RS laps, almost cracking into 1.27, but not quite.
    Felt good about my prospects, but had a little bit of hesitation as I didn't know Emmo's pace.
    That hesitation almost went away, but Emmo finally logged on ;)

Qual
    I seem to be finding my feet for qualification these days, as I've nailed 3 this season.

Race
    Started strong and grew the gap and slotted down some very respectable (but 1.27) lap times.
    Emmo was finding it tough to reel me in but very slowly managed it.
    On about lap 9, I attacked the Snags to hard (must have been too hungry as I hadn't had dinner yet), and almost lost control of the car, sliding it towards to outer edge of the Left corner.
    Emmo to his credit just sailed on by as I struggled to stop it sliding.
    I got going just as he sailed by and was able to keep the pace.
    Oddly enough, he decides to pit earlier than I and I'm like, WTF is Emmo doing.
    He threw the RS on for the 2nd stint (which was my strategy in the first place!!!!!!). He managed to grow the gap to a decent margin, which wasn't hard considering the tire speed difference.

It wasn't a contest after that.

Trust emmo to do the ol switcheroo on me. Using my own strategy against me.

Kudos and Congratulations to @emmo46 for the Division 3 Championship win
    @Buster_Danis well done on your podium and 3rd place.
    As it stands I'm 1 point in front of you!
    If you can make it, it would make the next race FANTASTIC!!
    You would need to beat me by at least 3 points to regain 2nd!!

I believe that however PNL may have taken the Teams Championship though :)
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I actually double RS stinted in race 1. For race 2 and 4 I went for the 1 stopper and then back to the 2 stopper for this race. I mix it up according to the fuel range, lap time difference RM to RS and pit stop time.
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Giving tips out eh emmo :)
    I like it!! :D
    emmo46 and Buster_Danis like this.
  13. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I’m going to do my best to make it as It’s A) probably my favourite track & B) I’m not going to gift you 2nd if I can help it!:sneaky::thumbsup:
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  14. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Ill take @Matthyus out first turn as you asked Buster, dont worry
  15. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Cash on delivery ok @LennonLegend1993 ?
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Half now, half once job done.
    You dont pay, I break leg.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You practiced that move on me at Autopolis, you are very good at it.:thumbsup:
  18. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Money coming soon Viktor! I promise! Please don’t hurt me!:unsure:
    LennonLegend1993 and Matthyus like this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    100%, it’s a pigdog. For me the braking is fine but the corner exits are just unbearable and bear little resemblance to how a normal high power rear wheel drive car would behave. At least next season these traits will be nullified significantly.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint