GT Sport Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

I've always thought of this, just like football (soccer) generally.
  2. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Those first 7 or 8 laps were epic! I was literally sweating after 3 laps. Intense to say the least!
    Matthyus, emmo46 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  3. LennonLegend1993

And then I spun :( We could have done that all race :p
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Hah! That would mean myself, @Tristan Jones and @Aza2672 would be going up! Given were the only three from Div 3B usually racing most weeks I'm not sure that works out. I'll guess we'll see how the numbers stack up, especially once the voting has finished. It's 13-12 in favour of the Beetle at the moment.
  5. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I feel ya. I did something similar in my race. Could have had a race long battle with other cars. Ended up having a fairly lonely race after spinning out on my new medium tyres
  6. LennonLegend1993

I was alone on my medium stint too :p Not much happened during that part of the race haha
    Noxrai likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was alone for most of the race as well after my first lap spin that put me back to last. Caught two guys after a couple of laps and while I was figuring out how to get past them they both drove off the track!!. After that it was chasing the pack about 16 or so seconds from the lead until the pit stops and then leading all by myself with Moon and a couple of others a little way back. Moon was closing but I already knew he was close enough to pass me at my second pit stop but some others seemed in range to pass me as well. All three seemed to have issues (including running out of fuel) so that I was able to hang on to second place after my final pit stop.
    Noxrai, Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  8. LennonLegend1993

Yeah yeah, we get it mate! :p

When you came out ahead of me starting the last lap, a little part of me died inside. And then the car died.
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Had a great race...much more than I was expecting given my zero practise (prerace day anyway), a 3B win gifted by @T F Eccles !

I did take a couple of short grass trips, nothing more than a few seconds each though, thankfully kept the nose pointed the right way.

In the 20 mins I got to practise pre race, I found I could get 9.5-10.5 laps from a tank, when shifting at my usual spot. I figured I wouldn't lose much by stretching a little, but was still short of 11 laps for first tank during race. I held 5th instead of 4th in a couple of spots and trimmed a couple hundred revs from my shifts...and found enough to start the last lap with 1.1 laps of fuel...

I saw Colin pitted earlier than me, and hoped he was doing a shorter stint - but didn't notice if he came out on RM or RS. So I spent the second half of the race wondering if he just had pace on me or if he wasn't fuel saving and using RS...still got surprised when he came out 10 seconds behind me! I figured I would play it safe from there...thankfully managed to hold it together!
  10. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I came out om RMs for the last stint of 3 laps and realistically couldn't make up the 10sec gap. That was the cost of my revised strategy - originally I was going to do 10-10-1 but changed my mind to 8-10-3 due to the initial race pace of finding my self in 5th after the initial laps and offs by others. Ultimately it didn't affect the championship outcome.
  11. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    :( That would've been me and @Tristan Jones. He drifted wide at turn 5 and I followed him.
  12. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Yeah, well join the club!:D
    I spun pretty much the instant I thought about others strategies & the possibility of a win coming my way.
    (note to self : just concentrate on driving on the black stuff & refrain from doing maths on others strategies!! Argh:mad:)
  13. LennonLegend1993

Yeah you spun on the last turn? I remember coming round and driving straight through you :p But was unsure how you ended up in that position (almost mid turn, ghosted) Would have been a weird 'off'? :confused:
  14. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Ha ha yes ran wide & thought I’d saved it then looped it getting back on the gas.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  15. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I did wonder about that...after going off i struggled to not spin & make a headache for you...expecting to see you come flying past but emmo came flying by instead...
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Replay shared last night
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Watched the replay, what an eventful race, I think everyone had at least 1 spin and there was lots of good overtakes. I got passed by buster as usual but then I made only one actual overtake moving from ninth to 2nd. I really enjoyed racing with you guys and will definitely miss driving the EF7.
    Bluemoon, Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  19. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

They will make a movie about you one day & it will be called..... "The Strategist!"
    Easyprey007 and emmo46 like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Adults only I presume.:D