GT Sport Season 8 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yeah that was awesome
    Started quali by coming back from dinner to see 8 mins left on the clock. Quickly rushed out and set a lap good enough for P2, my best ever Div 1 quali position.
    Race started strangely with both myself and @JonoStan96 ending up in the run off. As we joined, Jono dropped it causing me to hit @KeedenMcdonald and as @CaptainRisky21 swerved behind he walled it. @groover33 got a fantastic start meaning he was right with me into 2. I'd been lagging since the start so cars were flying everywhere for me. On the exit of 2 Groovers car ghosted straight into mine and spun me. I thought that was my race done but I dug deep and kept it clean from there till the end. Made some solid overtakes in the rain and managed a personal best P2 in Div 1 from a first lap spin. Stonks.
    Matthyus, Hatfield and GT_macneil29 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    wow, @X3rx3s44 's race time was only 3 seconds slower than keeden. well done @X3rx3s44 :thumbsup:. My third place time from div 2 would have put me in 3rd in div 1 :confused: I guess being a tortoise helps in the wet. :whistling:
  3. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Thanks @emmo46 :thumbsup:
    I had an absolute blast last night and got it all hooked up, good to see my total race time wasn't far off the benchmark! :D
    I think I only had lap 1 and one other (when I almost lost it in sector 2) that wasn't a 42 or low 43 so I don't think I could have done much better honestly.
    Matthyus, Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Going to be interesting to see the lap and race times, I will be fifth on race times but way down the order in lap time.
    Matthyus and Apex_64 like this.
  5. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

Tortoise and the Hare story does have some validity. ;)
    Monza was only my 3rd time ever to be lower on the Total time list, than Lap Time.
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    1st and second place finishers @Ozglenn and @pat65 in Div 3 also set times that would put them in third place in Div1.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Seeing these wet conditions first hand makes me so excited to see what PD can come up with in terms of variable weather. What a way to spice up a race!

Even though my pace was garbage, I still had a lot of fun, especially catching some spectacular sideways moments.
    I felt really strong under brakes and on corner entry, but ultimately my corner exits and throttle modulation was awful and that made the difference in terms of outright speed.

Cheers gents
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Fun race, ultimately turned into a comedic piss about but a little disappointed to make a bad error on lap 2 which gifted Keeden victory.

After a comedy of errors, I was comfortably the second fastest car on track, however I needed to end the pursuit of Viperzed as I was -2 laps on fuel. Ah well.

IMO the rain effects aren’t anywhere near as good as they were on GT5/6, no grip offline so to speak, kerbs aren’t deadly enough at high speed and overtaking is almost impossible with the combined dirty air effect.

The goal was 2nd in the championship and a race win, must say I’m pleased to have ticked both those boxes. Well done to @KeedenMcdonald on another championship!
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Season 8 Conclusion

Thank you to everyone who participated this season.
    Well done to @KeedenMcdonald on the division 1 championship!
    Congrats to @JonoStan96 & @Viperzed rounding out the championship podium.
    Well done on the settings for this season @JonoStan96
    Big thanks to @Matthyus for your work on setting the divisions and drawing up the tables.

I had some great battles (as I'm sure you all did) with guys like @groover33 @xlxy90 & @Viperzed

Make sure you get your names down for Season 9 here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-9-entry-thread.3815/

The vote for next season between ideas from @Bryan_F & @emmo46 is here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-super-rooz-season-9-vote.3802/

Keep an eye on the community events section for more racing between seasons, @Bryan_F is running a TCR round this Sunday:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-tcr-cup-2019-season.3703/
    Apex_64, KeedenMcdonald and Matthyus like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Bonus shot of @JonoStan96 crossing the line, titled 'Hello Darkness my old Friend':
    [​IMG]