GT Sport Season 8 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Juice
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So I had an idea...

Introducing, Enzo's Track Laps!

Please enjoy our friend Enzo's insight on his flying lap of this weeks circuit.

(In all seriousness, please let me know what to improve on as I was pretty nervous and if I am going to continue, I want to know what I should add/remove etc)

Thanks @TheJuzzy for the inspiration & to @JonoStan96 for lending Enzo the car to lap in ;)
    Noxrai, razor4797, Matthyus and 5 others like this.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Enzo!
    Think you were sandbagging though Enzo, with that accent you should be much faster.:rolleyes:
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That was brilliant! Even in the "garbage" beetle! :D Until next time, ciao!
    Russell and Hatfield like this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Suggestions: outlap in TV cam and flying lap in bumper or hood cam
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That accent is a strange mix of Niki Lauda and Valentino Rossi. I like it!
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I will use your tips Enzo tonight. Grazzie Regazzie forza beetle juice!
    UrsineSaturn9 and Hatfield like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  9. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Nothing went my way tonight.
    Quality: Didn’t get a single lap without catching someone or decent slipstream. Running draftless 55.5’s in practice I was disappointed with 9th at 55.9.
    Race: Tough battle pack at the start, worked my way up to the top 5 before trying to pull alongside @xlxy90 and being turned around. It happens, but it was a possible podium gone at that point. Thank you @groover33 for the redress, I know it wasn’t intentional :thumbsup:. From last I worked my way back to the front of the second group feeling I had the pace to lead. Was hoping to get some bump drafting to help chip away at the leaders but started to battle before the end of the stint which was fun and helped save some fuel. Strategy helped me come out 2 seconds behind @razor4797 and @Hatfield as I looked to chase them down, my right foot copped a major cramp and I drove a lap left footed loosing 4 seconds to them and had @JonoStan96 getting close to my tail again. Despite making some time on the top 5, without slipstream it was a loosing battle. I’ll take 6th with so much gone wrong. Wd Podium
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That was good fun, was left frustrated by quali having been baulked on my best lap so started lower than I would have liked. Lost places at the start thanks to the typical turn 1 scuff then slowly picked my way through trying to keep mistakes to a minimum. With a bit of coordination with @xlxy90 we managed to perform a great undercut on @Hatfield and @razor4797 to hold a strong gap to them for the rest of the race as we ran out of fuel over the line. 1000 iq. Good stuff too @KeedenMcdonald
    xlxy90, KeedenMcdonald and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Qualifying was pretty fun. I worked with team mate Hatfield and we both managed a solid lap. Hat P3 and myself P2.
    I made a good start for a change and with a bit of help from Hatfield I managed to lead the race into turn 1. I was holding my own with Hatfield close behind (until Keeden showed up). From there we had a few fun laps swapping the lead a few times. Eventually it turned into me trying my best to stay with him, which I was managing to do a big thanks to the forgiving draft.
    Starting lap12 and still hanging on to the back of Keedens car I noticed I only had 0.6 laps of fuel left. Then things just got better and better. On the plus it feels like I am slowly learning to drive this car and half of the race was awesome. Congratulations Keeden and podium

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  13. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    What about the world record pit stop

[/QUOTE]
    Noxrai and Apex_64 like this.
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    [/QUOTE]

:(:(:(:x3:
    Russell likes this.
  15. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    [/QUOTE]
    Haha omg you got so lucky you got pushed into the pit. Would have been even more hillarious otherwise. You would have got the record for slowest lap then too.
    Russell likes this.
  16. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Those 47 minutes absolutely flew by! Wow what a race.
    Very pleased to have picked up 5th place after having done zero practice before qualifying and therefore qualifying dead last and by some margin. Was left to rue what could have been 4th place after making an overtake on the final lap and then running out of fuel on the final stretch to the line with @Hatfield comfortably sailing past to take the position back.
    Thoroughly enjoyed that one, see you next week :)
    Noxrai and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Definitely the sort of race that’s given me a racing hangover of late...

Taken out lap one by a pretty ordinary piece of driving, and on a track like this where it’s basically impossible to make up time, it was fatal for my race. Gave it absolutely everything I had but actually fell further behind the guys on the podium than when I stopped spinning. Hot tip that I learned from FIA races, it’s no good bump drafting someone for the length of the straight only to divebomb them at the next corner, seriously you lose more time doing that than you gained with more top speed. On a track like this, utilising the draft is key to success, going side by side in every slow corner is massively detrimental. Tonight really did my head in especially after looking at the FL table.

Have to take some of the blame though, I accidently hit X before selecting the keep tyres option, so that was 3 seconds thrown away. Fresh tyres made almost no difference to lap time and it took me right out of contention for the top spots as I was too far away from anyone to draft.

A real disappointment tonght was, scratching my head at where Keeden’s going to be challenged now...
    ssman244, Noxrai and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Summary: Pre-qualifying I got in to the rhythm of doing mid to low 55s while @KeedenMcdonald was flapping about at around the same pace and thought I would be on or pretty close to being on pole.

Qualifying: Got out of the pits behind Keeden and stuck with him on the out lap to be in a good position for some slip streaming on my flying laps. But Keeden did Keeden things and decided he didn't wanna give me any of that so I started 5th or 6th.

Race stint 1: Had an absolute flyer off the line and made up a position by the end of the pit lane exit. Had the slip stream down in to turn 1 and had good position on the outside of T1. Turn 1 did turn 1 stuff and I got shoved in to the wall by an out of control Chopperdog and dropped from 2nd to 5th. Fortunately I wasn't involved in any of the murder-suicides at the hairpin, I think I was pretty close to having my rear bumper relocated.

Lap 3 hairpin, Groover got a bit awkward with SSman, which put SSman's nose squarely in to my rear wheel, I grabbed a huge amount of opposite lock and managed to keep the car facing the right direction, and out of the wall.

About lap 6 or so @Viperzed was in on the pack that @Hatfield and @razor4797 and I were all fighting in, losing us time to Chopper and Keeden ahead. On lap 8 I managed to just bump Hatfield in to the hairpin after a slight move under braking, fortunately he didn't go spearing in to the eagerly awaiting barriers and only really lost the time he would have lost had I had passed him without the nudge, but it did give us a good drag race down the straight. Hat made the mistake of being in no-mans-land, couldn't fully get by me but was also out of my slip stream. Enter racing IQ level 1000. I squeeze Hatfield over towards the wall on the left, leaving him enough space to drive, but no space to go around me. Viper was closing in rapidly and gave me a good kick up the backside and we got through.

At the start of lap 11 I talked Viper in to pitting with me, long story short, he said "fkn send it". We sent it. The undercut worked on Hatfield and Razor, by virtue of not fighting and monster slip streams. We gapped the trailing pair by about 2.5 seconds by the time they got up to speed.

Race stint 2:
    Me: Hey viper, how much fuel should I have left?
    Viper: 9 laps
    Me: Got 8.7
    Viper: Save fuel
    Me: ok.

Me: Gap to hatfield?
    Viper: 2.3...2.4...2.5...2.6
    Me: ok

Me: Gap to hatfield? They're looking close
    Viper: 2.6...2.7...2.8...2.9

Me: (last lap, coming down the straight at the pit entry)
    Viper: (at the exact same point)
    Me & Viper: I'm out of fuel
  19. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    With that kind of pace, when are going to see Enzo in Div 3? :p
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Good work mate. Handy work on the strat!
    Matthyus likes this.