GT Sport Season 8 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Clarification question.
    Round 3: Dragon Trail Seaside - 2x 16 laps - 10:00, 17:00 - 11/8 (Sprint Round)

Race 1 is track time 10am and race 2 is track time 5pm?
  2. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

That's definitely how 24hr time works. /s
    Russell and Noxrai like this.
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Wasn't a question of 24 hour time, Lennon. Just having 2 times of day for a sprint round.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  4. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I believe you believe that:p:whistling:
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    correct
    xlxy90 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Dragon Trail Seaside - 2x 16 laps - 10:00, 17:00 - 11/8 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)
    (Race 1 Time of Day is 10:00, Race 2 Time of Day is 17:00)

SPRINT ROUND : The second race will be set to reverse grid based on previous race results. The round is scored as full points for race 1, and half points for race 2. Then your points are added together, and the field is ordered and Championship points are handed out based on this final order (a tie is split based on finishing position in race 1). Pole and Fastest Lap points are added on at the end.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. The main area for concern at this track is the chicane T14-17. You cannot fit 2 cars side-by-side through this chicane at speed.

TYRES : Racing Super Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @Hatfield what about the use of the updated qualifying feature?
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we can use it, but only if all drivers are in the room. If anyone is running late and will be joining mid-qualifying or starting rear of grid, the old qualifying format would need to be used.

I will change procedures before next season to include the new qualifying information
    Noxrai and xlxy90 like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo's been at it again...

I was going to try this, but I need another person in the 'race' so the replay can be saved and the tv cam can be viewed from the replay, so maybe next time if I can queue it up with someone... but then you lose the full screen as the replay is letterbox
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  10. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    "The Potato"
    - Enzo 2019
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What a shame that the new slipstream model has completely ruined the racing when it all settles down, you know it’s bad when even Keeden himself admits he couldn’t catch and pass anyone.

Still I had a blast tonight, Seaside has always been a favourite of mine ever since I got my hands on the closed beta. A real shame then, after blowing a potential pole time, then getting a shocking start, I was confined to 3rd. Every time I got close to SSman the car lost all grip and I had to back off. Of course being the idiot I am, I binned it twice in 2 laps on the same kerb, something I hadn’t done once in about 60 laps of testing.

Second race then, somehow got an even worse start, and was down to bloody 11th! Got the elbows out and moved up through the field, taking advantage of some offs and some unfortunate collisions to take a nice 2nd, xl too quick for me in the end. Shame that razor’s race was ruined early on.

Really sucks that PD continue to make this car worse update by update, I don’t ever recall experiencing this much understeer in this car, one I’ve put about 10000kms in.
    Apex_64, ssman244, Kephin_07 and 3 others like this.
  12. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Think the regs need to change and have DRS installed for overtaking
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Another case of what could have been tonight. Was well off my Pb in quali leaving me in the danger zone but managed to keep my nose clean and grab P4 for the first race. Second race was a bit more chaos as expected and as I was cruising up towards the top 3 behind Jono, I made a stupid unforced error that meant the rest of my night was spent making up for more mistakes. A case of what could have been after looking at the standings but we'll go again next week in the dark hills of Germany
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Happy with my results again this week, as my qualifying pace shows I am punching above my weight my the time the race is done.
    Qualified 10th out of 12 (@Russell had connection issues and couldn't rejoin as we used the qualifying feature, so we restarted with a set by host grid with him in last)
    The races were such a blur, but happy to only have one larger minor error at the chicane touching the outside wall on exit, and otherwise keeping it clean.
    Managed to keep @xlxy90 behind me for a good number of laps, with some nice car placement and over-unders when he went too deep at the hairpin a few times.
    Race 1 5th.

Race 2 was in a pack with @razor4797 in front, and @JonoStan96 behind but unfortunately for razor, at the final turn, a tap from behind sent me into him and the sand was calling.
    Jono got me soon after and once he broke slipstream I just focused on the final 5 laps to not let @groover33 catch me, and enjoyed my first division 1 podium race! (but not round sadly haha)
    ssman244, Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  15. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qualified 4th knowing I had potential for a front row I was content with having the 2nd row.
    Race 1: Fantastic start for once and snuck around the outside grabbing 2nd early. Not having followed in the slipstream I had no grip behind Keeden on lap 1 at the bus stop and went into the wall. Held the others off and burnt my tires a bit as I kept within 2 seconds of Keeden for the first 10 Laps but the rubbish slipstream and my fading tyres meant a made the same mistake again and just decided to coast home for 2nd.
    Race 2: Decent start making my way up to 6th with some great battles, the slipstream again up the s’s up the hill had me go a bit wide and drop a Tyre in the sand ruining any podium opportunity, clawed my way back to the same position only to be too aggressive in the chicane and hit the inside wall ruining my race.
    Still had some great battles with @Viperzed and @Bryan_F in that second race which made it all worth it
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Balls to the walls mate, was great fun
    ssman244 and Noxrai like this.
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Provisional R3 results
    [​IMG]
  18. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    sneaky Jonocrash96.....I like it
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So @JonoStan96 has solved our qualifying issue with The Ring, and we will be skipping qualifying and setting the grid in reverse championship order for Round 4.
    After this, a Poll will be opened with 2 options. A, to remain with the normal qualifying format for the rest of the season, or B, to use the new reverse championship order format.
    In order for B to be successful, it will need at least 70% of the votes and points for pole will not be given.

So see what you think after the next round, and let us know when the new poll/thread goes up post-race
  20. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    What qualifying issue?
    Apex_64 likes this.