GT Sport Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Wow another exciting race! There wasn't a dull moment for myself.

After a massive weekend i found myself pretty exhausted come race night. Tried to get as much practice in as i could just before the race started but realised i had lost my edge since my mid week practice session and was feeling very untidy.

Quli reflected that and I got dumped down in 2nd last position.

Managed to get a clean start and picked my way through a few cars after there own little mistakes or battles. Ended up 9th and tagging along with @emmo46 as his lines really helped me find a good rythm and I was happy to keep up with him for a few lap. It all started to come undone coming into the hairpin as i had to take a slightly different line to avoid emmo and after that I just got swamped and lost all my momentum and lost out on every little battle to come. It became 4 way battle at the back with @holdenman05, @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @Bluemoon. I was already fuel saving a bit. But by lap 6 i new it was just going to be hell to get fresh air. So I started saving a bit more agressively. Again i made a mistake into the hairpin at the end of lap 6. This promoted me to last place behind holdenman who i think was on a charge after having an oversteer moment coming out of the hairpin on the first lap.
    Well time for plan B. Heavy fuel saving.
    At the end of lap 12 everyone except me and emmo went into the pits. I had done pretty good thus far and I figured i could squeeze out another lap just. So emmo comes in and i go for one more lap. This fresh air thing is marvelous. Slow on the straight but hopefully i should get back some time with less fuel to put in and no battling to slow me down. I come in on lap 14 skip the tyre change and I may have skimped on fuel. i come out of the pits 5th in front of the scariest looking pack of cars i have ever seen. They all pass me on the straight but my strategy worked. I just manage to latch onto the back of them and im in 9th now just in front of ozimo! This is going to be a hectic battle to the end.
    Hectic battles insure.
    Somehow by lap 19 i had managed to find myself into 5th! This time positioning my car perfectly to pass cars that manage to get caught up in the topsy turvy battle. All i have to do now is keep my head down and try and break the tow. As littleblacko was hot on my heels.
    I was doing ok. And i was hoping moozer and blacko would slow eachother down. Come lap 23 and I realised i may have skimped too much on my fuel. Sketchy as balz is all i can say. This hit me kinda ironically as i had previously fuel saved so well. But by battling after the pit stops to gain a positional advantage cost me much precious fuel.
    By the end of lap 23 i had 0.5 fuel left. Not good especially when i kinda need speed for the end of the straight and the start of it to stay ahead of blacko and moozer. blacko had closed the gap into the first corner and while thinking about all this i miffed it. I hit the outside wall slowing me down even more. Black went around me and i could see my 5th place slip away. I managed to keep up through the esses and i was sweating trying to fuel save and now moozer was all over me. Come the hairpin i was at .02 or .01fuel and i new i wouldn't have the legs to get home. I went deep and allowed moozer my team mate to get the inside line as maybe he could pip blacko at the line. Alas it wasn't meant to be as he just missed out. I limped over the line with no fuel from about 400m back. A 7th! I'm pretty damn happy with that. I almost pulled off an amazing comeback strat from 12th. But it wasn't meant to be. Absolutely thrilling race though. Keep em coming!

Congrats to pubs, apex and rx on the podium finish. Looks like you guys had a hell of a race too!
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Damn what a race you had, I got stressed just reading it lol. See guys it is possible to have various strategies in a race without cranking the tyre and fuel wear up to unrealistic levels. There were so many ways of going about this race in terms of fuel saving, slipstream and fresh air, it’s just a shame Div 1 attendance was as usual dire, as we could have had a cracker like Div 2 & 3 had.
  3. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yeah man it is possible. But its probably a bit harder to do weird strategies in div 1 because the mistakes are so much rarer from others and the pace is that much stricter you might lose out if you're not in someones slipstream. But hey, if you have nothing to lose like i did down in last place, you gotta try something
    emmo46 and Buster_Danis like this.
  4. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Thanks @Noxrai, it was awesome.
    As soon as we gapped 4th (which on replay inspection was an incident between 4th and 5th at the hairpin) the battle was on for young and old. All 3 of us had our time out front and trying to push away and break the tow but it's just so strong!
    After I realised that wouldn't work I too went into fuel save mode as much as possible hoping to possibly gap @Pubs16 and @apex2691 in the pit stops but it looked like Pubs had the same idea as we exited the pits almost the same as when we went in but had dropped apex by a couple of seconds.
    Clearly apex put his head down and pushed while the battle resumed for Pubs and I because within 2 or 3 laps he was on us again and battle recommenced.
    I think any one of us could have easily been first across the line last night but Pubs played his cards best and led into the twisty sector 2 on the final lap with all 3 of us nose to tail. From there, apex made a mistake pushing too hard and hit a wall but not enough to open the door for me to cleanly find a way through. After that Pubs had the gap he needed to just bring it home clean for a solid 1s win and I gave a wall some paint also trying too hard to force a way up into second.
    I really enjoyed last night and it was close and clean all race, the odd little tap here or there but there was never any intent or serious contact from any of us, save for 1 mistake where apex outbraked himself at T1 and clipped Pubs rear corner who did well to hold the car but an immediate redress and no chance for me to make a breakaway meant no harm no foul.

Looking forward to Dragon Trail!
    Apex_64, emmo46 and Noxrai like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Dragon Trail Seaside - 2x 16 laps - 10:00, 17:00 - 11/8 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)
    (Race 1 Time of Day is 10:00, Race 2 Time of Day is 17:00)

SPRINT ROUND : The second race will be set to reverse grid based on previous race results. The round is scored as full points for race 1, and half points for race 2. Then your points are added together, and the field is ordered and Championship points are handed out based on this final order (a tie is split based on finishing position in race 1). Pole and Fastest Lap points are added on at the end.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. The main area for concern at this track is the chicane T14-17. You cannot fit 2 cars side-by-side through this chicane at speed.

TYRES : Racing Super Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  6. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    The bus stop beckons...
  7. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Bloody got a glemlin in my wheel. All my buttons just suddenly lose registration with the ps4 including the shifter paddles yet the force feedback and pedals still function. Really weird. Hopefully I can figure out what causing it asap.
  8. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ok, i think i have sorted it out. My locking ring for the wheel apparently wasn't tight enough. So the wheel must of just been slightly losing touch with the connection pins in heavy force feedback events.
    Hopefully now I've tightened it, it will keep a firm connection from now on.
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pole
    [​IMG]
    The grid
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 results
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 lap times
    [​IMG]

Race 2 results
    [​IMG]

Race 2 lap times

[​IMG]
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  11. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Don't quite understand how the round points sheet works?
    @Pubs16 had 31.5 race points plus 1 FL so 32.5?
    I had 30 race points plus 1 Pole so 31?
    @apex2691 had 18.5 race points plus 1 FL so 19.5?
    I'm sure there is a good reason why but this doesn't make sense and our 3 aren't the only ones they were just the first 3 I looked at...
    Can you explain it a bit more please @emmo46?
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Fl and pole only count after the race results are tallied.
    The race results determine the final race results and then the bonus points are applied to those figures.
    X3rx3s44 likes this.
  13. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Pretty sure he gave pubs an extra point at 27 still.

In saying that, @X3rx3s44 - sprint round race points are tallied in colum 1&2, and on the right hand column is the championship points each racer gets for their final position in the round. Pubs for example came first with 31.5 points which gives him 25 championship points + FL, so he gets 26 pts (not 27 - maybe this is why it's confusing).

It took me a few a few goes to understand it too haha
    X3rx3s44 and Matthyus like this.
  14. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Yeah, what you said :D
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pole and Fastest lap points are awarded after the positions are calculated. Pubs had 31.5 so he won the round. that gives him 25 points for winning the round plus the FL point makes 26 for the night. You accumulated 30 points so that gives you second for the night, 20 points plus 1 for pole so 21. Apex had FL in the first race but it wasn't the fastest for the night.
    The two columns on the right show overall position calculated from the 2 race results and the points for the round including bonus points.
    Oops, I did, Pubs should be on 26. @Matthyus
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you had beaten apex in race 2 you would have won the round.
  17. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I would like to protest against the flog in car #23.
    He is such a :poop: driver, he hit walls several times, he also spun because of his ineptitude several times.
    His car went to wreckers after the race, the wreckers were surprised the roof was undamaged.
    Sorry to all those who had to witness or saw any of the performance:(

P.S. Congratulations to Pubs, X3 and Kev for the podium on the night. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  18. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Thanks - that is exactly why I couldn't make sense of it that extra point threw me but it does make perfect sense now.
    Cheers @LennonLegend1993, @Matthyus and @emmo46 for your combined explanation.

*sigh* Thanks for the reminder! :laugh:
    I did try to hunt him down and a couple of errors on his part gave me a sniff but I couldn't get it done unfortunately.
    That said, race 1 was the disappointing result for me, started well and had a solid gap to 2nd, lap 4 turn 5 hit the inside kerb a little wrong and it turned my car into a missile, launched into the air across the track and into the sand and lost all my advantage and some positions so then was on the back foot for the rest of the race. That's racing though, small margins...
  19. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    The results isn’t too bad at all
  20. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    A very up and down Sunday night for myself. Prepare yourself for a novel. A LOT happened.

Quali - Had my strongest quali yet this season as I feel I'm finally starting to get a handle on my little green potato. That or this track just seems to work for me. Or maybe a little bit of both. A decent 7th and was just a smidge off of Ozimo. I was feeling pretty confident that I could climb a little higher in the race if I just kept my nose clean. The bus stop would help me I'm sure of it. (Massive foreshadowing)

Race 1
    Had a clean getaway and we all got through the first chicane pretty cleanly. Still had Ozimo on my inside as we exited and dragged down to the right hand kink into the the heavy breaking zone. We went side by side through both corners but ozimo eventually won out on that little battle and I slotted in behind him.
    Coming into the bus stop for the first time, ozimo had a horrid time of it and grazed the outside wall. Slowing him down. I cleanly got through and capitalised on his mistake. The bus stop was already helping me out. Yes.
    Up into 6th now and trying to to catch up with Nitro and the others who had already pulled out a little in front.
    2nd lap I think and apex looked to have made a mistake at the fast sweepers and had spun out. Now Im up to 5th. Things are looking good.But i still had ozimo all over my back.
    Midway through lap 4 I had caught up with the hard battling nitro and rx password name and had just inched away from ozimos range. I watched nitro do a great move into the downhill hairpin to take 3rd position away from password man.I had an awesome view watching password man for the remainder and all of the next lap battle tooth and thong to get his position back.
    Coming into the bus stop and now it was passwords turn to get murdered. Bus stop strikes again!
    I'm now in 4th and I haven't done a single legitimate pass on anyone. Not complaining.
    But now I have a very good chance at claiming a podium. I just have my arch nemesis Nitro in the way. If you don't remember. Me and him basically had a race long battle in the season opener. This guy is like an absolute immovable rock at defending. For what felt like a lifetime of battling. Me trying every tactic again to get around him. Our battling let ozimo and password catch back up to us.
    Coming onto the pit straight I had a marvelous final corner and got myself a good run on Nitro. He covered his line very well and I decided to take the outside line into the chicane. This time I was able to do deft maneuver around the outside and then have the inside line for the chicane. Finally! I was very happy with that great move and all I gotta do now is defend like a mad man for another 10/9 laps to get an unlikely podium!

Well my dreams lasted only 2 laps. I completely binned it going into the bus stop. Completely unforced too as I think I had made a slight gap to Nitro as he and password got caught up in a battle. Then I made a bad situation worse. By losing 3 positions straight away, I lost all my focus and made yet another error going into the final corner allowing emmo and moozer past. From high flying 3rd to painfull 8th. Then I made things worse by overdriving the car trying to play catch up. Losing touch with Moozer and allowing littleblacko to get in reach of me. Then at the end of that lap i noticed a familiar rear end. It was nitro. He too looked to have had an appointment with the death chicane.Oh god. Him and I are like glue at this stage. Lap 12 and looks like it was going to be a battle to the death for 7th.
    Nope.
    I clipped the bus stop again...sigh.
    Down to 9th now with littleblacko just in front of me now. Start of lap 13 and my race has gone into damage control. After following blacko closely for 2 laps I got a great run onto the straight and managed to pull off a a very similar move like the one on Nitro. At the end of lap 15 I was in drafting distance of Nitro who seemed to have a pretty ordinary 2nd last lap. Ok looks like we'll have our final battle after all. Final lap and after the pit straight I was right on his bumper. Ready for any mistake that may come his way.All lap I tried as hard as I could. He kept cool. Final corner came and I placed my car for strong run home, while Nitro covered the inside. I had a great run and it turned into a drag to the finish line. It was so so close. Nitro finishing just 0.05 in front of me. Well done mate. I love our battles! An 8th for me. A story of what ifs.

Race 2
    Starting in 5th on the grid I was looking forward to this one. I knew my speed was pretty decent so I was thinking I had an even better chance at a podium in this race.
    Had an ok start I felt, but Moozer and Nitro had an absolute blinder. Moozer firing past me and nitro getting the better line out the chicane. I then went to hold my line on the oustide for the right hand kink again like the first race but ended up getting punched off and into the sandpit facing the wrong way. Dead last and way behind everyone. Disappointing to be honest. The rest of the race was just me trying to play catch up. Was very lonely. By lap 10 I had moved my way up to 8th position by way of default. Just passing other people as they made their own mistakes.
    Midway through lap 15 and I finally caught up to the back of Whizz. I could finally enjoy a battle for 1 and a half laps. Coming down the back straight down the hill on the final lap I had a chance to take the inside on him, but i spooked myself thinking i missed my braking point. I had lost all the time i had gained on whizz and slotted in almost a 1 second behind him once i regained my awareness. Twas a mostly uneventful disappointing and boring race this time.

Hopefully I can keep my momentum up and keep slowly improving for the rest of the season.

Congrats to Pubs for the overall win, rx password on 2nd place and Kephin on a very impressive return in 3rd.

On to the nurb 24hr track. Probably the most slowest and scary track for myself. Practice is very much needed.