GT Sport Season 8 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Controls? Settings?
  2. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Lap time
  3. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    What were your controls
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Ok... Let me ask more clearly: What controls and settings are you running to achieve said lap times? Controller? Wheel? Sensitivity? Time trial? Tyres? Etc. The whole point of the original discussion was the difference between motion controls and the analog sticks on a controller so just posting lap times without any context is not that useful (or as xlxy would say "OK")
    xlxy90 and Matthyus like this.
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Yes :D
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  6. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Can we confirm is 7:50/8:00 eastern time is a go?
    Matthyus and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  8. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Pad
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Confirmed
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 5 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    13th - Lennon - DSC
    14th - Rae - DSC
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Lennon - 1.59.486
    Rae - 2.03.383
  11. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Go pad!
    Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  12. LennonLegend1993

Enjoyed the race overall. Did not expect to qualify in 6th so I knew if I could finish top half overall I'd be happy with.
    To sum it up, clipped grass twice at McPhillamy Park (I think) right before the start of the descent, and lost 30+ seconds all up. Also overshot the pit and ended up in the sand :p which looking at the timings I may have been able to sneak top 6/7. And then the disconnect. :(

@Noxrai you were fast mate! For about 10-12 laps I was behind you in the first stint and everytime I got within 1s it would go back to 3s. I just couldn't close it down!
    Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qualled 8th, far from ideal but given the amount of cars on track about what I could manage.
    Given I was going to be doing the 2 stopper, I just followed for the first few laps. Unsurprisingly the furst 2 laps were action packed and I clawed my way into 5th.
    I spent the remainder of the first and second stints chasing down @Ozglenn . Just couldn't get there. The last stint I came out of the pits just behind @Noxrai and we had a battle / kept each other honest until the last 2 laps when the red fuel light came on for me. I had overfilled, but in my efforts to keep in touch with nox, I burnt up too much fuel. Slipped into extreme fuel saving mode. Luckily the gap to @pat65 and the rest of the field was quite large, so only pat passed me just after the chase on the final lap..
    So close to 4th but nox, you raced well. Kudos mate. Happily do that again, except I want to beat you next time :D
    Kudos to @GT_macneil29 on his win
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Were you two stoppers turning down the mix or just short shifting to get the 17/18 laps?
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I was shifting at half rev bar to make the 18 laps, and using a higher gear at certain corners
    Tristan Jones and emmo46 like this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Just shortshifted a lot.
    Almost all flat or up hill sections were at half, downhill just as the revs appeared. A little bit of coasting as well, into the Cutting, The Dipper, Forrest Elbow and The Chase.
    But the last stint I went full race mode and burnt through the overfill and more... I really wanted to beat Nox!!
    emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was flat out from start to finish and was still the slowest.
  18. LennonLegend1993

My strategy was, well, non existent. But, in saying that, when I decided to go 'flat out', I found that my lap times were basically the same or somewhat slower, unless I absolutely nailed the lap. When going 1/2 or 3/4 throttle, I found that my laps were more consistent and on par time wise.. strange.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  19. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    What an absolutely nerve racking race. I had a lot of fun! I knew before quali my pace was a bit ordinary as Im still getting used to the controller. I found it was really easy to overdrive the car. Too much throttle and braking can really unbalance my little green potato. But I knew if i could keep it on the black stuff i could maybe climb a few places. After 8min of quali I think I was down in 11th. Final lap of quali I finally found my rhythm and placed my car in 7th 0.07 seconds in front of @Matthyus and just behind @LennonLegend1993 . Pretty happy to mix it with them.
    Race:
    Kept it clean for the first couple laps as others around me made a few mistakes. My plan to fuel save and do a two stopper actually came about during the week as I realised i could restrain my twitchy accelerator trigger if i short shifted and kept my revs low. This enabled me to really think about my lines and stay as smooth as i could, rather than overdriving it and most likely losing time in off tracks and crashes.

After the dust settled it became a cat and mouse game between myself, matthyus in front and lennon behind me. I was trying desperately to stay in touch with Matthyus as he grew his gap to 3 to 4 seconds. Lennon slowly was chipping away at me.
    I managed to stretch my tank to 19 laps which gave me a good strategic advantage to come home strong.

After the first pit lennon found some great pace and eventually managed to catch me and pass me. I then tried to stay in his draft and see if we could make a dent into matthyus. We both kept within range, but it was like a seasaw.
    Later lennon made a mistake which allowed me back past and this time i had no one breathing down my neck. I just had the bunny to try and keep up and catch in matthyus.

It stayed at 2 to 3 seconds for the rest of the stint. Very consistent. He wouldn't crack.

Then came the 2nd pit stop. I had done a fairly good job at fuel saving again but not as agressively. I thought i overfueled myself but coming out of the pits i ended up just in front of Matthyus. Well this is a happy surprise. But also made me nervous that I may have underfueled myself. Im not sure if you got slowed down by lapped traffic as well.

For the remainder of the race Matthyus put on the pressure as I tried desperately to keep the car on the road. It felt like the mountain was soon going to claim me. I had a few scrapes here and there but nothing major. I was getting jittery and I could hear deep breaths comming from others in the chat as they too were on the edge of it.

I think at one stage with a few laps to go Matthyus got down to .5 behind me after my nerves got the better of me. But with two laps to go i found myself pulling away and it became clear the he was fuel saving hard to make it to the end.

With the pressure cooker turned off, I was able to relax a bit and enjoy my last lap to the finish line to take a very happy 4th for myself. Thanks to Lennon and Matthyus to keeping me on my toes. I was sweating the whole time. Great racing.

Grats to the podium Macneil, banana man and ozglen. You guys were on another level.
  20. LennonLegend1993

Fuel saving like a boss on the controller. Nice work mate.
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.