GT Sport Season 8 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Just realised I don't have GT installed, it's downloading updates now, 80mins. I'll hopefully make quali
  2. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Don't think I can make tonight, still 30mins to go
  3. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That was a very different race, the car felt like it had absolutely no grip for the first stint and heaps after I pitted, most likely if was just my total lack of practice and I kicked into gear after the stop but it was very frustrating.
    Matthyus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Car felt very different for me in the race than in any practice or qualifying.. weird.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, exactly my night as well.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
  7. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Race Results - with a little phtotoshopping to get everyone in the one image.
    [​IMG]
  8. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    It was a fun race but it was a dominant race for me
  9. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @deedz_aus FYI in the last two laps of the race your car was lag jinking a bit, jumping side ways about a car width.
  10. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Aarrrgghhh! Curse me for a fool, I forgot to grab the lap times screen.
    Matthyus likes this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've got it.
    I'll post it when I get to work.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Lennon 1.52.927
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Given the MnG results, I didn't expect too much from tonight.
    However practise did see me break into the 1.52, giving me a slight glimmer of hope..
    But, I knew that I wouldn't be on the pace due to a full 18 holes of golf on Sunday.

Did alright with some very close racing. The battles I remember were @deedz_aus for 5ish laps prior to pits. I got bumped off at the hairpin which prevented a possible overtake or continued battle with deedz.
    Post everyone elses' pitstops I managed to hold on to 2nd post for 2 laps, until the fresh tire team swamped me. I hopelessly attempted to hold them off, but gave up and let them through.
    I pitted at the end of 17,pitting this lap I believe is what allowed me to keep away from the fast catching @Tristan Jones and @T F Eccles .
    The 2nd major battle was with @LennonLegend1993.
    This was a good battle, nice and clean and back and forth.
    I thought I had bumped you off, at turn 4, however I didn't feel anything. Then seeing your comments post race, did you run out of fuel?

Anyhow, on to next week.
    Tristan Jones, Noxrai and Easyprey007 like this.
  14. LennonLegend1993

Yeah was a good battle for a couple of laps. Should get around to the highlights of the race tonight. You probably noticed me being defensive on the second to last lap, because I thought it was the last!
    You didn't touch me. I drove off deliberately due to realising I had the fuel wrong. The frustrating part was that I had plenty of fuel, but as I misread the lap count remaining I went full throttle and then well..
    Tristan Jones, Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You were all over the road trying to stop my slip stream and blocking nicely.
    I had next to zero fight left in me as well, coming off of the golf game. 8 hrs of golf for 18 holes. Great day, but man I was knackered.
    Noxrai and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  16. LennonLegend1993

Maybe @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB will come over to WA for a round one day ;)

I've been up at all hours the last few nights with my daughter having a bad cough.. I was done by the end too :p
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  17. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Umm I’m living in WA
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’m in Macedonia
    CaptainRisky21 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  19. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm Rico Nosberg
  20. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I wasn’t expecting much from this race, due to not being totally comfortable with the beetle & hearing other racers quoting low .53s/ high .52s when I could only manage a rare high.53 among consistent low .54s during the very little practice time I had.

Started p6 & up to 3rd after a few corners then @GT_macneil29 brought the fight and won that battle after a couple of laps, but kept both he & @Ozglenn just within range til the stops. Seeing both pit before me gave me a glimmer of hope as I was fairly consistent in doing mid to high .53s surprisingly.
    In hindsight I probably took on just a touch more fuel than needed (insert @LennonLegend1993 jokes here:p) which cost me the seconds needed to jump Oz, coming out just behind him but just ahead of MacNeil. Trying to pass the fuel saving @Matthyus proved difficult as he did put up a fight, in which MacNeil was able to slip by with a better run out of turn 4. After that I managed to catch Oz who had his own battle for 2nd with MacNeil, but couldn’t get by cleanly, the second attempt, putting myself in the gravel which let @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB through to 4th who was catching both of us.
    5th before the race was my aim, so still happy, but that sniff of a podium sure smelled sweet! Maybe next time?:unsure:
    All in all great competitive racing once again in Division 3. Cheers & Congratulations @LE_bananajosh, @GT_macneil29 & @Ozglenn for the win & podium finishes respectively :thumbsup: