GT Sport Season 9 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't suggest that view because I use it, only because it lets us see more than bumper or hood will show when looking at the cars relative to each other
    doesn't solve the issue of someone making contact with you causing you to cut the corner. You would then get a penalty.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Rooz track limits have never been an issue for most, why is it that it all comes into question as soon as we go to Spa? We never question the Rooz limits when going through the Senna-S at Interlagos, and honestly that is the corner where you can cut the most for an advantage
    JonoStan96 and X3rx3s44 like this.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    A tap, redressed, with you gaining 1sec on me.
    Unlike being bumped offtrack into dirt or a wall.
  4. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Fair point. Regarding the Eau Rouge incident with hatters however, i feel hat didn't need to redress at all. Eau Rouge is similar to the cutting at Bathurst. You can go 2 wide cleanly if both parties make a compromise. You say you had the outside line, so therefore that would mean that Hat did not need to back out and make a compromise to accomodate for you. The smart thing to do, especially given the 458 seemed to have a tendency to wash wide through Eau Rouge at the best of times, was to slot in behind and get the tow down the Kemmel, and pass into Les Combes. Instead you took an unnecessary risk and it ended in tears
    razor4797 and Hatfield like this.
  5. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  6. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Gone yes
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Without doubt you are right and so was Pubs, and as I stated no problem with the E.R tangle.
    As you state their needed to be compromise, I was left with no track.
    But the 2nd swerve after the initial bump to put me into a wall, inexcusable.
    The smart thing for Hat to do was to bumpdraft. Then try an overtake later in the race.
  8. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    What was the point of this?
    Trying to prove Tasmanian's are stupid?
  9. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Legendary grand final moment that needs to be remembered
    JonoStan96 and T F Eccles like this.
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Wouldn't a car crash at E.R, or at least a racetrack, be more applicable than car crash on the MCG?
    I smell a pathetic attempt at stirring :roflmao:
    Go the Mighty Saints :D.
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Woah!
    Hold up, don't bring me into this little :):):):) fight.
    We might have two heads but we're not stupid! ;)
    Kieran_B33, Hatfield and Apex_64 like this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Double the brain power
    Kieran_B33, Hatfield and Apex_64 like this.
  13. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Exactly! :roflmao:
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

-0:13 I made an error braking too late pushing apex wide
    At about 0:25 as we are out of the corner I lift throttle to concede position
    0:32 shows same incident but from apex view

-0:50 I get the run out of T1. At 0:57 contact occurs on the straight. (I feel I am being squeezed to the wall)
    As we enter Eau Rouge at 1:06 apex is behind with slight overlap of about my bumper on the outside. Contact occurs sending apex off track but he is able to continue with minimal time loss due to the following slipstream
    1:12 shows his view of the same

-1:19 I get a run out of Eau Rouge. I clear apex by the time we get to the braking zone but he brakes later to get a small overlap. Slight contact is made to my bumper which sends me wide.
    (Apex alluded to me cutting after contact to make advantage. Once I get bumped off track at about 1:39 I turn left to cut the corner to avoid rejoining in an awkward spot and making possible further contact with apex. As I am off, I am at half throttle and will not have to contend with dirty tyres in the following corners)
    1:45 apex view of the same

-2:00 (apex view) With the dirty tyres at T10 apex puts his front bumper up the inside of T11. Contact sends me off track again (again dirty tyres for T12 and I must brake early to avoid running off and apex makes the pass)
    2:13 my view of the same

-2:28 I get a run on Kemmel straight and am alongside under brakes. Contact is made mid corner, no one off track.
    2:42 apex view of the same

-2:52 T13-14 apex gets the bumper up the inside again at T14. Luckily this time I keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip to avoid dirty tyres
    3:08 apex view of same

-3:27 (view from kev) final chicane apex brakes late and makes contact with the rear of pubs which in turn pushes me off track. Again I cut to avoid awkward entry into possible traffic of 3 cars behind
    3:37 apex also makes further contact with pubs and pubs ends up off track at final turn
    3:40 my view of the same

-4:00 (apex view) immediately after, apex makes contact with pubs sending him off track at T1 and contact is also make with kev
    4:27 pubs view of same
    4:30 kev view of same

-4:43 (apex view) T16 slight contact on straight, we run side by side through T18 then apex moves left aggressively pushing me a couple times to the left. Light contact side by side under brakes and through the final chicane.
    5:30 we exit T1 and I move left to try and grab slipstream from pubs. Apex has slight overlap so contact is made and realising this I stop moving left. Apex begins turning right and pushes me over to the wall (you can actually see the pitch of my car lol) My run is slightly quicker so the overlap is minimal as we head into Eau Rouge. There is contact at the first point of turning left and as the cars bounce further heavier contact is made as we turn right. This sends me onto the ripple strip on the right and upsets the car. I then understeer across track to the left and we make further contact resulting in apex hitting the tyre wall
    5:51 my view of the same

@apex2691 I apologise for my initial error and any other errors after that. (0:13 was my fault, 2:28 I felt I was far enough alongside) But all other incidents I feel are clear cut.
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Are you speaking hypothetically? Because I’ve been racing with the shortcut penalties on for over a year and I haven’t encountered that a single time. The game checks to see if an advantage was gained in some cases. Others can feel free to chime in on their experiences.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes hypothetically.

If we turn penalties on, and someone is penalised, they serve the penalty in the zone via forced slowdown right?
    Ok, post-race replay shows the offence was not their fault and they shouldn't be penalised. Do we remove the penalty?
    If we don't, isn't that another game issue affecting results like the under-fueling bug?
    gtkingx likes this.
  17. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I've gotten a penalty for being sent into the wall.
    groover33 and gtkingx like this.
  18. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Nah the forced slowdowns are only in Sport. You could just lift and coast to remove the penalty
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so the penalties don't stick properly still?
  20. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    If by that you mean that you can remove them whenever you want, then yes