GT Sport Season 9 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Discipline.
    I don't waste them correcting wrong info haha
    :speechless:
    I am still being a :poop:
    You're input and effort is never a waste.
    I just say about 6 to 12 things a season that kick up some dust :whistling:
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    incey likes this.
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    You ok hun? Pm me babes xx
  3. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Not since the day I was born
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Noxrai likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Keeden is beatable at maggiore, shared the vid on PS to prove it. there's a new :alien: in da house:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    KeedenMcdonald and emmo46 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Maggiore East II - 33 laps - 21:00 Sunny - 3/11
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 9!! Thanks to Selby Acoustics
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    At the exit of T3 it is permitted to run completely over the white line prior to entry to T4 as this would have been ripple strip before the extra layouts of maggiore were released. Be careful with cuts on T2-6 & T10-12 that you don't go completely over the ripple strips on the inside.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs and Mediums (must use both compounds separately at least once each)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight. IF SOMEONE IS IN THE PITS, BE CAREFUL OF RUNNING OVER THE PIT EXIT because if they are released, they will be unable to avoid you
    NOTE: Pitting is COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    X3rx3s44, Pubs16, FSR_DB007 and 9 others like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

Enzo's track lap
  7. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Reserve spot if needed
    Winson Wong and Hatfield like this.
  8. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    It seems my internet has :poop: itself, so I'm out for tonight :(:cry:
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I’ll miss Round 3
  10. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Poor race from me last night. I just choked big time in qualifying. Only managed a 24.0
    I left half a second out there. Just couldn't put a lap together.
    I haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet.
    I definitely was putting up with a bit of crap.
    On the plus side it was really cool to see mint and some other seriously fast people racing with us.
    It was a awesome field last night. Bummer I had went so :poop:.
    Well done Keeden and podium!
    Bring on next week
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Not the best night for me results wise but the racing I had on track was great, and that is what we are here for.

In qualifying, real life got in the way, and as consequence I failed to set a lap below 2 mins lol

In the race I was unsure of my strategy but in the end top 10 in this super quick field was better than I deserved.

Congrats podium!
    MINT_GTR, Apex_64, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Really aggressive driving last night but for the most part clean around me. I feel like everyone had to work really hard for the positions they earned and it made it just that little bit more sweet regardless of how well/poorly you went. Great to have two of the FSR boys out with us last night. Absolute quality who will have to work very hard to try and beat kEdEn and Mint458
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Had not driven the track before entering the room but watching Enzo's lap earlier, then Mint and Keeden in the room, I had a basic method of attack. Didn't want to race in the field before being comfortable, so decided to do a lap on RH, then 3 stints on RS. Make that 2 laps, Hat didn't see my indicator :roflmao:.
    Strategy must have worked as I gradually came back from 7secs last to challenging for 8th on the last lap.
    My last stint I thought I was flying, until I noticed I was losing time on RS to Keeden and Mint on RM :rolleyes:
    Congratulations to the podium, absolutely ridiculous speed up there.
    At least Keeden has some genuine challengers now, so it seems there is more good racing throughout the field to come.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    MINT_GTR, Noxrai, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @Viperzed is right in saying you had to work really hard for your positions.
    I felt like I was pushing but it was getting me nowhere lol.
    The pace from the front runners was nuts, simply couldn’t keep up.
    8th place was all I could muster up, even after a decent quali and a pretty good start.
    I’ve always struggled for outright pace in the Gr.4 class and this season is looking much the same, but hey I’ll still give it a crack as per usual :roflmao:
    MINT_GTR, Viperzed, Noxrai and 2 others like this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Some will notice their posts have been removed. It should have been a Private Message, not a public airing and subsequent crap shoot
    stucar17 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  16. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    You should make me div1 so I can fight with Cody Latkovski
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If he joins up, and you keep practicing, you can enjoy zinger stackers for 2
    Dermott Brereton likes this.
  18. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    No 1 here wants to race him
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    ok boomer
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Bluemoon Bay Infield B - 2 x 26 laps - 10:30 sunny
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 9!! Thanks to Selby Acoustics
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

SPRINT ROUND : This round is the sprint round which has 2 shorter races. The grid for race 1 is determined by qualifying, but the second race is reverse grid based on the results from race 1. The round is scored by calculating the points that would be scored in race 1, plus half the points that would be scored in race 2. The total score is then used to order the drivers from first to last, and round points are given in order. (Fastest lap is added at the end)
    In the reverse grid race, if you are one of the faster guys coming through the pack, it is up to you to make your passes cleanly.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    You are allowed to cut T4.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs ONLY

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Russell, X3rx3s44, razor4797 and 3 others like this.