GT6 Division 1 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Well done GT
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    AOCleaner74 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    well done Jono, a div 1 win:thumbsup:
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Stellar drive Jono!

Please reply back with what suits better: Thursday 9:30pm or Sunday night normal time for the weather race rerun.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well done Jono, Luke and Warrior. Good fun racing tonight.
    And I am pretty sure Seeth pitted again for softs to set that lap time;)
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if that's the case it wouldn't count :(
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    [​IMG] I am.
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @skywalker
    Sunday night is my preference.

Also Seth only made 1 stop for softs so his FL still stands, the bugger took my clean sweep lol.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  10. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry Seeeth, I seen you pit again towards the end and just gathered that you put softs on again. Awesome lap tho regardless
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Wow, I still can"t believe it!

After almost 2 years of getting my arse kicked in Division 1 and often driving like an also ran at the back, to finally get the breakthrough win is amazing. My first win at the pinnacle of GT6 racing feels surreal!

I came into the race feeling very confident as Monza is undoubtedly one of my favourite tracks in the world, also wanting to make up for the missed opportunity here in the Pozzi.It didn't help either that I was umming and ahhing over strategy. I knew qualifying up the front would give me the most flexibility on strategy. So it was fantastic to get also my first pole position in Div 1 with a 1:55.236. To my surprise Jason was lining up beside me, he had stole provisional pole as I entered Ascari so I was thankful to nail the rest of the lap.

Unfortunately I out broke myself into the first chicane which I was lucky to hold the lead from. Mysteriously Jason and I had a gap on the rest of the field entering La Roggia, so I pushed hard to ensure the chasing pack couldn't fight back. I would have liked to see Jason fall off so I could concentrate on gapping the field but for as long as he was in my draft it was impossible to pull away. Still the good news was the pack behind were scrapping even harder so we were increasing the gap regardless. The battle was first class, thoroughly enjoyable.

Just as Warrior broke free Jason fell off at both Lesmo's and I began to push. The rest of the field were stopping for tyres but mine still felt good. But I noticed that S54VED and the other who stopped for softs were gaining fast, so I came in 2 laps after Jason. I was going to mirror Warrior's strategy but, I noticed he was stuck in traffic, and I thought back to Silverstone where my scraps cost me a chance of victory and ultimately 2nd. I had to take advantage of the clear air while I had it, so I put the softs on. I definitely stopped at the right time, as I only came out a second ahead of S54VED. While Jason and Warrior were being compromised, I pushed like hell. S54VED was keeping me restless as he was keeping up. I noticed Warrior stopped after a short stint on hards, which put me in two minds. I felt it would be best to stay on softs until the crossover point, which amazingly, never came. I kept going until I was almost out of fuel, and thus when S54VED stopped I had an 8 second lead. Staying out for a few laps more, I enjoyed a 40 second lead. I came in with 8 laps to go, and came out 13 seconds ahead of S54VED with Warrior over 5 further back.

I was stunned to come out with such a big margin. Everything had gone to perfection, so I could just coast home, knowing it would be very improbable to lose the race from here unless I did a Rosberg. Which thankfully didn't happen. I certainly enjoyed the last few laps, as the smile grew wider. That was my first Sunday league win since March 2014, a really long time between drinks! As I sit here typing this I cannot stop smiling, very very happy! :)

Congratulations to S54VED as well for finishing 2nd and giving me a scare, and Warrior on 3rd place. Also huge congrats on wrapping up your TWELFTH?!?! consecutive title, it's truly unbelievable. Very much looking forward to carrying this momentum into hopefully another strong result at Autumn Ring. I hope to see you all there to end the season with a bang!

[​IMG]

Cheers, Jono.
    Russell, Ben78, Peter Wise and 5 others like this.
  12. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Congrats Jono, very well deserved mate. Also, huge congratulations to the undisputed champ of GT6, @warrior2167 . Congrats on another title mate
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats Jono, 10/10 performance. Also well done to s54ved for a well earned 2nd place.

Just before the 1st round of stops I was 6 seconds from the lead in 3rd. My plan before the race was to do hard soft hard, but I wanted to stay on the same strategy as Jono and I had a suspicion that he would stay on hards, so I went with the hard, and almost immediately was kicking myself for it. With only 9 cars I didn't think I would come out behind anyone on old hards.

For 4 laps Russel, myself, razor and ben, the 2 latter being on softs were all on top of each other, then razor also hit the wall at turn 1. Those laps were a mess. Knowing now that Jono was going to be out of reach, second was the target but I came up just short as Luke had an excellent stint on the softs. On the bright side, my fuel strategy was spot on, not one more drop left as I crossed the line.

I'm fine with either day.
    I'm positive seth's time was at least on his 2nd stint on softs. Not having a got at you, but you were trailing me and you had loads more mid corner grip than I did on hards.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If someone wants to officially protest his FL I'll try and work out who it should be awarded to, His lap time before his second stint on softs would have to be taken into account.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I had already looked at the replay and he only made one stop for softs and set the time on fumes.
  16. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I am sure you have looked at the replay many times Jono!:D
    In saying so I really can't understand why he didn't keep racing. I was not a rage quit, but it may as well as been. ( although I do thank him for not getting in the way when I closed in on him on multiple occasions, and I am sure it was the same with everybody else )
    I do really think Seeeeth is a great driver and deservedly a 1a driver, but to put your car on the side of the road cause he did not like being 'pushed around' early on in the race to count yourself out of contention, and giving us 1b drivers a chance to beat him fair and square is not what I would call as the right thing to do.
    He would have probably beaten many of us to the flag if he had kept going early on, but instead he just went for fastest lap.
    Maybe next time I race, knowing I have no chance to win, I should just go for fastest lap......Kinda goes against the spirit of what Rooz is all about if you ask me...
    Sorry if this sounded harsh Seeeeth, but we are all here to 'race' regardless of what happens, and being a div1 driver we should be setting a standard for everyone else to follow.
    Rant over..
    JonoStan96, skywalker and Ben78 like this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I do think if I raced regardless I would've claimed FL, as car felt great through the entire track, and it was a little more than a bump here or 2 (pushed around) being thrown into a barrier and being attacked with lag kinda takes your spirit of racing away, and for every action there is a reaction, so I just decided to be cool and park the car, I didn't want to make any rash decisions,
    Fair point that I should be a role model as division 1 but as should the drivers racing in it with one another reminds me of random online lobby's sometimes, oh well I take pride in my league racing and moving to division 1 I was rather excited to take on the experience, but it was nothing anywhere near I would have imagined.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  18. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Who had the lag?
    Fair point in bringing it up. I did notice Russ had a little lag in quali, but Neb and WTF are usually fine. Just let us know so we can all have a clean race together.
    I know how you feel, I am also feeling very privileged to be racing against the likes of Warrior and co. It is after all what we all dream of having a chance to do, so don't let any situation get you down and give it your all every time out!
    JonoStan96 and skywalker like this.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yes fuel makes a huge difference in this car, that's why Jono's 53 flat on full tank it really impressive. Early in the week I did a 53.1 on half a tank, and knew I could do a 52, as it wasn't a perfect lap. So although Seths time is very fast, it isn't surprising at all.

I felt for Ben, when he was behind me going into the 2nd chicane, on RH I like to lift and then brake, so I could basically brake at same point as I do on softs. Unfortunately, this caught Ben off guard a little and he tapped me, so I couldnt make the turn and was forced to cut the chicane. Ben though seemed to really lucked out as he tried to avoid and ran off into the sand :(

This gave me a break for a few laps and was basically holding steady with Jono / Razor. Eventually Warrior got free of the pack and hunted me down. I could see he was faster, and decided I wouldn't block any move as I didn't want to lose more time to the leaders than needed. But the move never seemed to come, although I kept going a little too deep for me, thus stuffing my exits, which meant the gap grew and grew to the leaders. Warrior eventually took the lead and I sat behind for a couple of laps, until I made another unforced error and he broke the slip stream. But I wasn't stressed as I had clean air.

I had a few strats up my sleeve depending on my position, and decided to go longer on the hards than my original plan. I pit end of lap 14, and then topped up to 90L for 18L on RS. My fuel was perfect. The couple of laps of undercut closed the gap to Jono and I must have been 3-4 tenths behind getting his slipstream. But alas I just couldnt get it to help me along haha.

After my 18L I put in 1L more than required, just to be sure :) With 7 laps to go, I thought I might just hold on to 2nd. Was counting the laps and watching the gap. I was in a constant battle with myself of trying to focus on my driving, and watchin the little arrows and clock to judge the gaps. With 4 laps to go, I could see warrior gaining fast, and worked out if I didn't screw up I was probably going to have to defend on the final corner. Fortunately for me, warrior's pace dropped off somewhat as on the last lap I crashed into the wall as I tagged the outside grass after the 1st lesmo. Fortunately I was able to drive out of it and got away with it. Crossed the line with about 2L remaining.

Very stoked with 2nd, and my first podium. I got really lucky this race with basically clean air the whole time, which really made all the difference. Thanks to all for the racing, and looking forward to the final random weather race!

Although I'd love for AO to be able to join us (and Im open to starting later if it helps AO?), I think the rerun may be best done this Sunday. @seth123 @Ben78 @R0T0R-AU86 @Russell @X-WTF_MAN-X @razor4797 You guys fine with Sunday?
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield