GT6 Division 2 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We start qualifying on hards (i.e. entering track on hards) and then we can pit for inters or wets if we wish.
    After 10mins, all drivers need to finish their lap and enter the pits and put the hards back on before the race is started.
    The weather will reset for race start so this will be fine.
    During the race the soft tire can only be used for one stint.
    Hards, inters & wets unlimited.
    Weather at start 70%
    Track Wetness 0%
    Changeability 4
    Start time 10am
    Time Progression 3
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :cry::cry: after finally getting some prac last night may not make the race. best mate coming through for dinner and not sure what time he will depart.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Maybe we could start a bit later since @BMWF30328 is also expected to be late?
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will keep you posted, even if just 10 mins would be good. Don't expect anyone to wait any later than 10 mins though. That said I could be on time.....hope I can make it.
  5. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Pretty excited for tonight, first time in a while i've actually had practice :)
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    happy to wait if need be. Actually works better for me personally with daylight savings now in effect, making us qlders race an hour earlier than normal.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry guys, not going to make it.
  8. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 5 results
    Pole: @Noremac
    [​IMG]
    12 @NAACS DNF
    Lap times
    [​IMG]

NAACS 1:17.662
  9. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Brilliant race start to finish..

Starting from my first pole i was pretty damn nervous but i got off to a flyer getting out to a 3 second lead (not tooting my own horn) and setting a ripper of a lap that i think even the div one boys would be proud of.then the rain started to take control of the race and slowly creeped out to 25% tossing up weather to pit or not the percentage started to come down not sure what it got down to but it was about 50% off line, it then decided to do something that it hadnt done in all of the practices and start to piss down again by the time it reached 8% id gone off track 3 times and random had an 11 second lead so decided to pit for inters at which point i was 35 seconds behind random whiched dropped to 5 by the time he pit, with about 15 laps to go my inters were no help at 60% plus so again i had to pit and ended up 6 seconds behind random. then having to fight through some lap traffic i caught up to random and got stuck in his spray for the last 5 laps trying to make a move until the last lap i got close enough but just gave him a push in the back which sent him wide so i didnt pass.

All in all great race im guttered not to end up with the win when i showed so much pace but thats racing :) See you all at Silverstone
    Randm90 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    My race went badly but came 7th.
    It started getting wetter and got to the 30's % then dropped to 4% but it was still suited for inters... lots of puddles to spin on while on the hards :(
    then it got wetter again to 100% until finish.

Good to hear each room seemed to have something different come from the same settings...definitely random weather!
  11. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Dropped to 11th off the start and was again in 11th after pitting for inters (lap 7 I think). Had great pace on the inters passing a lot of guys who got caught out in the slippery conditions on slicks. The fronts got worn down to 7 when it dried out but thankfully the rain returned and I was able to pit for wets and a splash of fuel for the run home for my 1st podium. :)
    SPL Racing, stucar17 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  12. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I've got to say those were one of the toughest racing conditions I've ever encountered.

My lateness caused me to start last, and I took a gamble to pit to inters early. Then the track started drying up, and I was alarmed at how quickly my inters were wearing. This allowed several drivers to pass me.

Just before my pit window for softs, it rained heavily again. So I put on full wets, and I seemed to pass a lot of drivers who pitted later. Luckily for him, @its-benny-racer emerged from the pits right in front of me, and it was virtually impossible to find a way past with all the spray. But considering where I started, I'm not complaining with fourth. :)
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

For me I think it was mostly lucky timing, staying out a bit longer on slicks which meant my inters were fresher when it dried out. My plan was always to only pit when I really had to. And once on inters to not change until it was clear which way the weather was going.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    G'day all due to the birth of my daughter on Friday morning I will not be racing tonight. Good luck everyone keep it painted side up.
    Watto64, stucar17, REVO_Bryan and 2 others like this.
  16. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    grassies likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I seem to have a terminal issue with the PS3 as all I get at the moment is a black screen. Worked fine this morning so not sure what the issue is :cry::cry:
  18. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I'm sure you've tried to see if any cables are loose.. maybe swap a hdmi cable or connect it to a PC monitor with hdmi input?
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Trying everything now.
  20. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Well I'm signed in and it says you were last online 8 hours ago...