GT6 Division 2 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46
    adro got a FL of 1:53.870
    and finished +2.619 behind bryan
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no he spun on last lap
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I did that too.
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I drove into the wall on last lap after first lesmo, I couldn't believe I was going to get a podium.... and I almost didn't!
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    :eek: I hope I didn't hit @Adronaught, he vanished from my screen after my first pit stop!
  6. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    What a race! I'm incredibly tired so i'll type up a race review tomorrow haha! But gosh, what a season!
    Some real ups and downs for me, getting really :):):):) results in rounds 2 and 3, but managed to get back up and prove my worth with a 1st and 2nd! and a few coulda-been-podiums if it weren't for a few cock ups!

Thanks guys for a killer season, loving the competitive nature of the high divisions, and am looking forward to Season 8! :)
    Well done to @Bryan_F on the chmpionship win!!!!! and well done to @Hatfield for this race

Been a splendid season (Well, the racing, the car was far from my favourite)
    Thanks all!!!
    REVO_Bryan, Noremac and AOCleaner74 like this.
  7. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Congratulations for the win @Hatfield. But count yourself lucky that we did the restart, because that incident you had with @Whiteracer52 would have made it much tougher for you. ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Well my first season is done and dusted Congratulations @Bryan_F on the championship maybe when im here for a full season ill give you a run ;). Absolutely awesome racing and great battles with many of you. Im really looking forward to season 8
    cheers guys
    Peter Wise, REVO_Bryan and Randm90 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Randm90 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    First up, thanks guys for showing each week and giving us the chance to race with strong grids......so much more enjoyable with full grids....

Congrats to Bryan for the season win, much deserved and showed great pace and consistency.

My race tonight was just a follow on from a season that showed promise, but ended with nothing more than a :):):):) overall result....I have to apologize to anyone i messed up at turn 1 after the start.....My night started well putting it on the second row, but it was a slow and painful fall to the bottom of the :):):):) hole once the lights went green....Starting 4th, i had the inside line for turn 1, however missed my brake marker and was 7th by the time we hit the second chicane.....i managed to gap the guys behind, and made my way back up to fight for 4th, a few guys pitted so i was left fighting whiteracer who seemed to be stuck to me this season.....We were slowing each other down so i went off strat and pitted on lap 8 for the softs and ran through the pack to lead till lap 28 when i pitted for my second set of hards. I came out in 3rd, but just couldnt hook it up and managed to hit the wall in T1 with about 10 to go and fell to 6th.....then the soft runners hunted me down, so slid back to 8th, then benny caught me after a sand expedition, his lag gave me panda ears so i threw the toys out of the pram and decided to drive through the pits on the last lap only to lose 10th to TB.....gutted had such a :):):):) season when i felt like i had more pace than the results showed.....*sigh*......oh well....get the violins out !

Thanks to all the guys who have helped this season, Hat for hosting, guys for putting up results etc etc....all very much appreciated. Not quite sure what the future holds for me, but will have a look at the numbers and see where i end up.

Stu
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh yeah i forgot about that.

We did a restart since adro's car wouldn't move off the grid. Lap one at braking for parabolica, whiteracer hits me into the sand...not sure if he could see me
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    wasnt fastest lap 1.53.151
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes but I was merely stating adros fastest lap as he was not in bryans results screen :)
  14. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Well well well...
    THAT Was one very interesting race.
    I qualified 3rd, which was key for me, I wanted to qualify no lower than 4th, so instantly ticked off a box there. In the first corner, there was plenty of nudges and hits, however, it seemed as though everyone got through, I held onto 3rd, but was braking weirdly. I wasn't braking how i did in practice which i realised about 15 laps in, so my tyres were almost ice cold. My pace was off, but once I realised what I was doing, I kicked back into gear and was flying along. I pitted early for my first said of hards alongside @Noremac, we basically followed identical strategies which was key for our RZR 2-3 (Could've been a 1-2 if I hadn't have kept battling with him and actually used eachother to our advantage, but in my defence, freaking hell it was fun racing him)
    After the final pitstop, I got the soft tyres on and put my foot down, one by one i started picking off a few drivers climbing from 8th to 6th, then i started finding more and more pace and caught up to Cam again. Once I caught him, he must've kicked himself into gear as we were identical pace wise.
    A few laps to the flag and Cam and I were side by side into T1, I'm not sure if lag was involved but i stuck wide, gave heaps of room and he hit the wall, however, on the replay, it looks like he was hit, but by nothing. It was an odd incident. Anyways, I drove on and ended up being in 3rd after overtaking @Bryan_F. I was closing on @Hatfield but I knew only @BMWF30328 would have the chance to get him.
    After the second Lesmo I saw BMW off the circuit, I stuck to the outside expecting him to stay put and wait to rejoin, but he slammed reverse and I had to weave and put a wheel on the grass to avoid him, quite scary stuff there...

Anywho, I got a 2nd place which I am stoked with and worked hard for, and am now happy with my season. I had a quite ordinary season, so to call this a season i'm happy with, I wanted a podium.

Well done to everyone once again for an excellent season! After this season, I don't think i've ever been more happy to be a ROOZ racer, and am very excited for Season 8!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    What an eventful and dramatic end to the season! Worthy of a TV broadcast, I reckon. :cool:

Having already wrapped up the championship, I was under no pressure, but I still wanted to end on a high, especially for the team.

Qualifying did not go particularly well, as I did not take advantage of my teammate's tow, and missed my target time by a couple of tenths, resulting in 6th.

The early part of the race was even worse, as I understeered into the sand at the exit of the second chicane, dropping me down to 9th. I was still confident of making up some places with consistent pace and good strategy. When I pitted on Lap 12 (later than most), I put on softs, and I knew that this stint would be crucial for end of the race. Fortunately, I didn't lose too much time passing others on the alternate strategy, and by the time I stopped for the second time for hards on Lap 31, I managed to "overcut" @stucar17 and @Mario for 2nd place. I knew at this point that if I wanted to stay in this position to the end, I needed to put in qualifying-style laps to the end and defend like crazy.

Alas, it wasn't to be. First, I wanted to let @BMWF30328 through as quickly as possible, as I knew he had a chance to take the win. But then @Randm90 also got through, and as I started the final lap, @Noremac and @Whiteracer52 were breathing down my neck. Side by side at Curva Grande, I eventually lost out at the chicane. Passing my stricken teammate on the final lap was also somewhat depressing as I knew he was so close to a maiden victory.

So, a bittersweet end to the season. But I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this season, I have never seen racing this close. I think what got me over the line this season was consistent performances combined with good tire preservation and intelligent pit strategy. :geek: Oh, and a decent internet connection. :) It has been a real pleasure racing all of you, and I hope to see you on track in future, GT6 or otherwise.

Bryan
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Peter Wise, stucar17, Randm90 and 2 others like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys,

New season entry thread for those who are staying with GT6.....
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-8-entry-thread.2019/

Also the first of the car discussion threads with a vote on Race or road....
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-8-car-discussion-and-vote.2020/

At this stage, the plan is that we will continue with the sunday night racing, will be based on numbers however, sounds like we will have enough to make it happen though.....

Hope to see you on the black stuff soon.
    Stu
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773