GT6 Division 3 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmm, I was thinking of lap times, I came 5th in the race but had 2nd fastest race lap.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @pianoman3214 will be joining Div 3 for the remainder of the season, his PSN id is the same as his ID here so please get those FRs out and make him welcome.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @garyw61 will you be hosting this Sunday, if so @pianoman3214 will need to look for your room this Sunday.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    FR sent
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :thumbsup:
  7. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    So this is a big ask, but is it possible to have a delayed rerun of tonight's Silverstone round at a later date? My ps3 blu-ray laser probably died a few hours ago and the playstation store version may take 2 days to fully download and install... currently looking up how to disassemble the optical drive to clean the laser unit, just in case it's only dusty but even that may take a while :(
  8. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    We will run tonights race, then discuss later Bob.

The HTO series starts the week after S7 finishes. I am not sure how many from div 3 will compete in that, but another Sunday night will not suit a re-run, and we will have to finalise season results fairly quickly so that the cross-platform prize draw can take place anyway.

Let's see how things pan out.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    State Of Origin also occupies that space..
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    HTO is on Project Cars
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Still on Sunday nights though jono
  12. pianoman3214

pianoman3214 New Recruit

Forgot to update gt6, got 6 mins remaining to download, too soon?
    *edit* couldn't join cause the room was full,(aparantly) ah well, better luck next time
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  13. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well after a good start to the race my wife decided she wanted to watch a DVD on the other PS3 not knowing I would get DSC as that system signed in oh well how did everyone else go
  14. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

That is really bad luck mate, you were on it tonight.
    Spectre got a great undercut on lap 11 and went from P4 to P1 and went on to take the win. Viper pitted a lap after me and run me down on the last lap to take 2nd with me in 3rd. Gary, SPL and Disturboed bought the small field home.
    v8power383 likes this.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Forgettable race for me.
    I had surprisingly good pace considering I had done NO practice whatsoever, and qualified 4th, only a few tenths off pole time.
    Held position at start and we all were circulating in a pack nice and close for many laps, enjoyed holding off Watto while trying to pressure V8. Then outbraked myself into Turn 3? slid sideways across the track, kept in planted and held the drift, went to rejoin the track just dropping the one spot, but SPL and Gary were there and it would have been unsafe, so stuck to the inside, hit the brakes and it slid sideways again on the bumpy infield. That dropped me a few seconds back by the time I got on track proper again.
    I was catching the 2 guys ahead reasonably quickly, but every so often I would just drop a tyre or run wide somewhere which would lose me several tenths. Lack of running on worn tyres being the culprit. Had some good little dices with Gary and SPL for the wooden spoon there a couple of times.
    Had absolutely no idea when to pit for softs, so just followed Gary and SPL in whatever lap it was. Exited pits about 1 second behind, again was catching and dicing, but small little errors saw falling back. Lap 19 I had a big off at Turn 1 touching the grass spearing me off and killing any chance I had of picking up at least one spot. Stupidly, I decided to pit at the end of that lap, throw some more softs on and go for fastest lap to snatch an extra point. It wasn't until I got into pit lane, and hit the button did I say to myself "You can't do that you moron - one soft stint only". So, I exited pits and gave myself a 30 second penalty stopping at the side of the track. Thats why I finished so far back.
    Oh well, one more to go!
    Gratz goes to Spectre on his first ROOZ win and to the rest of the podium (and Watto for snatching the fastest lap from me ya bugger!)
    SPL Racing and Watto64 like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    results guys?
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Damn unlucky mate, you were really strong on the hards in the first stint and on for a good result no doubt.

I thought i had pole nailed with a solid 2.08.2 but @Viperzed pulled an awesome 2.07.9 or so to pinch it so i started p2, thats a great lap on the hards mate.

I had a decent start but i couldnt hold back v8 and watto and was ultimately running in p4 with the leading pack all within 2-3 secs. I went for the undercut on lap 11 which worked spectacularly well and put in a couple big laps, after everone else responded i was up by a suprising 8 seconds... I wasnt sure if watto would catch me as my tyres went off but i just tried to manage the gap as best i could and when viper started to pressure him that helped me a bit out as well. Thankfully my strategy worked out and my tyre degradation was looking good so i just tried to not make any mistakes to the end.

My first rooz win on the board and hopefully not my last ☺
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  18. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Great race mate, your decision to pit early certainly worked a treat. Congratz on your maiden ROOZ victory.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au

Thanks mate :D
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    If I remember correctly, results were:

1. Spectre