GT6 Division 3 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Gratz @Watto64 on the championship win

I had a blast for my first season on ROOZ and look forward to my next - im probably going over to PCars as well so hope to race against you all on the track at some stage again :D
    SPL Racing and Watto64 like this.
  2. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

What a season!!!
    Without a doubt some of the closest and most enjoyable racing I've had since starting in ROOZ starting with door to door action against Sickskillz at Indy with a winning margin of .1 second.
    I surprised myself at Madrid to take the win chased by Sickskillz and again, I feel for Bob that I lag punted into turn 1 early in the race. Bob showed his raw pace at Madrid by coming back from last to 4th and that didn't change for the rest of the season. Sickskillz unfortunately pulled the pin on the season which was really dissapointing as we'd had some great racing in the first two rounds.
    There was some real cut and thrust at the GVS sprint round that saw me with the win but Bob was closing in and V8 and Disturboed showed some real pace.
    Next was Bathurst where Bob had his maiden win by a comfortable margin followed by Spectre with his first podium and me in 3rd. Spectre and I had a great battle over many laps and when I finally got the move done on him down Conrod with 3 laps to go, I out braked myself at the chase and let him back through.
    Autumn Ring in the wet was a case of "what if" for me. Jumping onto full wets and rolling the dice that the weather would go to 100% was looking good as I'd pulled almost 10 seconds over Bob and Viper then it hit 65% and started to dry out. Bob closed in quickly so I pitted to get onto slicks but hit the button and selected RH instead of RS. Went back out and had a shocker with multiple wet patch spins so decided once lapped to pit late and go for fastest lap on fresh softs/low fuel. Well done to Bob on back to back wins and Gary for his first podium of the season making it a Pagian 1-2.
    Silverstone was shaping up as a tough race but unfortunately Bob couldn't get there due to technical difficulties and Viper, Spectre and V8 showing good pace pre-race. Spectre broke through for his maiden win after a great strategy with Viper running me down on the last lap to take 2nd and me third.
    This bought the championship down to the wire at Monza where I was i a good position. Bob needed to get the clean sweep of points (pole, fL, win) and I had to come 3rd or better. As the race developed, Bob and I pulled a gap and I was feeling good about my strategy. Bob had a small gap on my until I pitted lap 12, and then it was a case of seeing how the race panned out. I had a spin at the exit of the first chicane that cost some time but Bob reciprocated favor by doing similar. I closed in to within a couple of second of Bob towards the end but Bob got his 3rd win. I had done enough points wise and was stoked with the overall result for the season.
    Huge thanks to Gary for hosting a trouble free room all season and also to Disturboed and Gary as room captains and seeing sense in a few incidence through the season,.
    Not sure if I'll be in Season 8 or going to Pcars yet but look forward to racing you again and thanks for a great season.
    Cheers Watto
    SPL Racing, garyw61 and The_Spectre like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys,

New season entry thread for those who are staying with GT6.....
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-8-entry-thread.2019/

Also the first of the car discussion threads with a vote on Race or road....
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-8-car-discussion-and-vote.2020/

At this stage, the plan is that we will continue with the sunday night racing, will be based on numbers however, sounds like we will have enough to make it happen though.....

Hope to see you on the black stuff soon.
    Stu
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773