GT6 Division 5 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I got photos of results. Will upload them soon
    PurpleDog likes this.
  2. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I have done the FL photos copper. Getting them prepped now.
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Cool Purple. bout to post results and qualy
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    @emmo46 @Hatfield
    Pole went to webnomad with 1:57.418
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    10th was Big beast who DNF'd just before the finish line
    @PurpleDog can you get the other dsc's
  5. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    [​IMG]
    Bevo Lap 33 1:56.202
    hoggy33 Lap 2 2:06.999
    emmo46 and Peter Wise like this.
  6. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Pole went to me actually.... 1:57.358
    maximuscatticus and webnomad like this.
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Sorry purple, did you pip him at the post just before race start
  8. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    with about 12 seconds on the count down :D
    Peter Wise likes this.
  9. Hoggy33

Hoggy33 New Recruit

PSN ID
    hoggy_33
    Lol good work purple
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    What a race and what a season. Firstly that race was just pure insanity, and i loved it. I qualified 4th, thought i had the pace to challenge for pole, but then Purple decided to set a crazy quick time. Race didn't start well for me. I braked a little earlier trying to avoid any incidents at turn 1, and then there was an incident at turn 1. Braked a little early, and i think i got a little nudge from behind and got stuck on the immovable barriers, which promptly caused a car park at turn 1. Dropping from 4th to 8th over the next few laps as i tried to get back up to speed and get the car into a rhythm and promptly managed to run wide into the gravel twice at the Parabolica. From there, pitted lap 15 for a full tank and another set of hard, and then fought hard to catch everyone up. Didn't see much action during that stint and pitted a second time on lap 28 for softs and ran those to the end. This last stint was some of my best driving this season, fought hard from 8th to fight back to 4th, and was a little disappointed at the end of the race as i knew had i not gotten tangled in the car park at t1, i probably could have challenged for a podium.
    However, congrats to all on the podium this race, i started to catch you guys as the traffic hit, but just couldn't quite get there.

Also, just wanna say thanks to everyone for this season, its been great fun, and i have really enjoyed having battles with pretty much everyone up and down the field. tentative congrats to Copper on the championship (I'll wait till the results are confirmed to say main congratulations). Also, huge thanks to @pat65 and @Dev1lman_87 for both hosting this season, much appreciated guys. Thanks to our room captains as well, appreciate the hard work you guys have done this season. And of course, bit shout-out to the Mod team for running the season, we wouldn't have been able to do the season without them.

As for next season, I am moving to the dark side (PCARS) as i am starting to get a bit sick of some of the lobby issues we have all experienced with GT6 and PD. So, for those of you following me to Pcars, i look forward to continuing our battles in the future, and to everyone who wants to stick with GT6, best of luck to you all in future seasons
    Peter Wise and webnomad like this.
  12. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Yep ... It was in the countdown time ... Persistent purple :)
    Peter Wise likes this.
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Well qualy didnt go to plan, started 6th out of 12 starters.

tried to stay out of trouble at T1 but ended up jammed into the barrier and was dead last and knowing I needed to finish 4th to take the championship my first thought was its over.

But I put my race face on and got into a rhythm by the 2nd lap I managed to get back to 8th...By Lap 5 i was into 5th with pat, nathan, web and purple in front.

By lap 9 i was in 3rd after pat ran into the sand at the first lesmo and a gap to purple in P1 of 13 seconds with webnomad in P2. At this point I decided to change my pit strategy pit on lap 15.

Web pitted on lap 14 so i tried to chuck in a quick time to close the gap to him and maybe get the undercut, It didn't quite work but I had closed the gap to about .6 once i rejoined in P6.

Had some good racing with webnomad in that second stint :thumbsup: until I managed to get a bit of air between us and by start of lap 23 I was right on purple's bumper after he made a mistake at ascari. I got a bit ambitious at T1 on lap 23 as I missed my brake marker and nearly t-boned purple but he had the sense to realise what was happening and just hung wide to avoid carnage.

Was in for some good racing with purple until he spun at the 2nd lesmo gifting me 2nd but this dropped purple back to 5th.

Pitted on lap 28 with a gap to pat of 12 seconds but knew he had to pit for hards and fuel. I put the softs on and 80L of fuel and rejoined in P6

Webnomad had caught back up and we battled for a few laps (nice overtake into ascari on Lap 29 :thumbsup:) until lap 33 where I managed to start pulling away ever so slowly.

By the start of lap 34 i was in 3rd chasing pat in 2nd who was on hards and sooby in 1st who was yet to stop for the 2nd time. Pat had an off at ascari gifting me 2nd and sooby pitting at the end of lap 34 put me into the lead.

For the remaining laps I just tried to stay consistent with no mistakes, Lap 41 saw me catch Devilman and maximus who let me pass with ease (Thanks fellas :thumbsup:).

What a race, You blokes are awesome to race with and well done to @PurpleDog and @webnomad for filling the other podium steps.

Big shout out to @pat65 and @Dev1lman_87 for hosting
    To the mod team for all the work they do in organising these races and our wonderful sponsors
    @emmo46 @Hatfield for all your charts and graphs

I may be back for season 8 if there's enough interest but if everyone keeps jumping to Pcars I may cross over to Assetto Corsa on PC...watch this space
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  14. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    congrats Peter for a great season...and thanks for the sentiments... we had some good close racing last night... but the faster racer won on the night :) ... well done to you and purple...

...it may be Pcars for me as well for next season...
    Peter Wise likes this.
  15. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Well done on a great season Copper & Purple.
    As for me, I'm still getting used to racing in manual mode but still quicker than I was a month ago using auto. I'll probably miss season 8, got too much other stuff on at the minute & won't be upgrading to PS4 anytime soon :( so hopefully there's a season 9.
    PurpleDog, JonoStan96 and Peter Wise like this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Season 8 probably won't start until February. There are some other events taking Sunday nights until Christmas and then there is January where a lot of people can't fully commit to a season.
    maximuscatticus and Peter Wise like this.
  17. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    maybe I'm in for season 8 then...... :)
    Dev1lman_87 and Peter Wise like this.
  18. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    Me and hoggy disconnected
  19. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    What a way to finish off a season, huh?
    Congratulations to @Peter Wise for taking the win and sealing the championship. Thanks to @pat65 and @Dev1lman_87 for taking up the hosting duties for the season, and thanks to the mods and admins for all their hard work with the organising and the charts and all the other stuff that needs to happen behind the scenes.
    I started off my qualifying with a spin at the Lesmo's while the tyres were still getting up to racing temp. Spent a couple of laps looking like a mid-grid start, then got myself onto pole on my 3rd hot lap. Was looking good then nomad went and beat my already good time by about 6 tenths. Took off the racing gloves with time running out and put in arguably my best lap of the night to snatch the pole by 6 hundredths with 12 seconds on the countdown...
    When the lights went out, I had a great reaction time to get myself pulling away to Retifillio. Outbraked myself a little, and let @Hoggy33 through, with @webnomad almost getting through as well. Chased hoggy up to Roggia, where he over rotated a little coming out to let me retake the lead. Put the hammer down a bit and started building myself a comfortable lead. At this point I noticed that copperj had dropped right down the race order, and a glimmer of hope started to shine that I might just snatch this like I had the pole....
    Fast forward to about lap 25ish, and I could see a streak of yellow wearing the fast boots gaining on me. I knew pat was going to pass me as he had the softs on, while I was on my 2nd set of hards, so was looking for how far behind he was to determine where we would likely meet. Forgot to look for my brake marker coming into Ascari, and built a little sand castle there so I wouldn't hold him up :p. At that point I knew I had just thrown any hope of taking the championship from copperj. Rejoined in 6th, and started a recovery drive to gather as many points as possible.
    The fastest lap battle was good fun all night. At one point, copperj and myself where throwing down faster and faster laps for about 6 in a row, until @Nathancarhead went and dropped the time by about 3 tenths in one hit. About 2 laps later I matched it, but couldn't get faster than it until I put the sticky boots on. Reclaimed the FL for a short time when I had the softs on, and then looked down at the corner to find copper had broken into the 1.54's.
    Was a good run to the end until I stacked it on Lesmo 2 on about lap 40, with webnomad slipping past me as I tried to rejoin the track, then managed to catch up with him and pressure a mistake at Roggia to get back onto the second step.
    What a race, what a season finale. I reckon for the next season I will probably make the jump to PCars though. About time I justified spending $1100 on the TS500 by actually using it on the PS4.....
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield