GTS S9 - Fastest Laps & Race Times

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So, another year has finished.
    This means more data!! Who isn't excited about that :)

As I like to do at the end of a season and to prepare for the next seasons Division placement is to see how everyone compared to each other. As well as the trend in how the group of racers performed in the car across the board.
    In this post, I've included both the Total 9 Seasons and Season 9 only.

To view the spreadsheet correctly, you need to Download it.
    Complete ALL 9 Seasons of data
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KDzbpGB-_ipUfrQEJRtTMzcXrhrVCey/view?usp=sharing
    Season 9 data
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1umkdwlBh45suvmA9gs1SOW03rMmpl3nP/view?usp=sharing

For starters, there is a lot of information at your fingertips.
    To filter the chart down, on the chart itself there is a drop down called 'driver'
    Click this and then scroll through the list to choose only the racers you wish to look at.
    This data is created by comparing your FL and RT (broken down into Milliseconds) to the fastest achieved, using some fancy Excel work.

In Short - The higher the number, the slower you were.

Some stand out info, you can see that in the faster GR cars the field is further spread out (with the exception of S7) You can see the trend of a fast car and a spread out field against a slower car and a condensed field.
    Personally, I've been getting better, this was my best season ever in terms of overall pace, but my position in the overall hasn't changed. I'm still mired in the bottom half of the Time sheets. This to me means that overall we are all improving
    As is now almost common knowledge, some racers who normally do well, struggled and vice versa
    Since year has seen myself be promoted from D4 to D3, but I've gone backwards in terms of finishing position over the year.

We had 67 racers compete across the 7 events.
    Race 7 had the most on track with 52. This has to be a record or something. The last round having the most on track..
    Race 5 had the least with 33. The Enduro.
    Avg turnout was 44 racers per round.

Division 1 & 2 had the most diverse range of podium winners with 9 different racers earning a podium
    Division 3 & 4 had 7

NOTE - It was Keeden's worst season, since GTS :)
    If you have any questions..Fire away.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how did @NAACS compare to the div 1 midfield of:
    myself @apex2691 @Pubs16 @Kephin_07
    just this season please :)
    Pubs16 and Matthyus like this.
  3. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You mean this :)
    [​IMG]

Remember that Keeden is 1. I call Alien pace at below 1.005, D1 pace from 1.005 to 1.015, D2 from 1.015 to 1.025, etc
    Round 1 - Apex beat Naacs (Def had D1 pace in this race)
    Round 2 - Everyone was a little slower here, likely due to the less amount of practise compared to Rd1, but Naacs is still solid Mid pack D1.
    Round 3 - Very tight, as expected due to the track. Bigkev raced his little heart out here. Alien in training :)
    Round 4 - Apex had a less than stellar race with D2 pace. Naacs held his head high with very good pace. D1 once again.
    Round 5 - Enduro round, spreads the numbers a bit, bit still solid D1 times.
    Round 6 - Naacs didn't race. Bigkev and Pubs were fighting for it, but D2 pace, Hat and Apex were D1 pace.
    Round 7 - Pubs had a screamer, as did Kev. Naacs beats Hat for his the first time this season. Hats pace at the end of the season waned, dropping into D2.
    Pubs16, Apex_64 and Hatfield like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Would be interesting too to hear your thoughts on the battle between the Div 1 boys overall as the cars have developed and changed season to season? Mainly Jono, Razor, Xlxy, Risky, Hatfield, myself and anyone who isnt keeden that you may think is a main stay in Div 1. Love seeing the stats after every season, makes for an interesting comparison as to what we see on track week to week and who we can directly compare ourselves to. For myself it is @razor4797 another controller driver who I consider to be absolutely equal with me round to round which makes for some great battles as we saw in the final round at Spa
    Apex_64, Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll get to this. Might take a bit to break it down, but I'll get it sorted for you.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Let's start with S9, then I'll do a complete 9 Season breakdown
    [​IMG]

Due to the sheer numbers of consistent D1 racers, it makes the chart a bit hard to read, but here goes.
    Apex - I see as a very solid mid pack racer for D1. In battles with others a lot, has the occasional 'poor' race. Has the potential to break into an Alien. NOTE - Spa data didn't come through as you didn't finish the race.
    Chopper - Pure mid pack battler. Very solid D1 racer.
    BigKev - Reasonably new D1 racer, however would be considered on par with Chopper and Apex. Very solid D1 racer. Exceptional effort at Bluemoon.
    Risky - Same as Chopper and Apex, although a little more consistent.
    Hat - Same as Chopper, Apex and Risky, but even more consistent. Tabled as close to 'best of the rest'.
    Groover - Another reasonably new D1 racer, however very close to Alien status. On par if not a little faster than xlxy. Alien in training.
    Razor - I see Razor as a pure mid pack battler. Shows glimpses of pace (RBR and SPA, being Razors best pace, being on the cusp of Alien status, however other results didn't go his way.
    Bryan - Wasn't around much this season, but his results were always at the top end. On the cusp of Alien.
    Pubs - Another newish D1 racer - Although some results were in the D2 range, a lot more were in the D1 range. Pure mid pack battler.
    Viper - A bit of a hidden talent here. I would class Viper as a 'best of the rest'.
    X3 - Another newish D1 racer - I see as another mid pack battler, just a little more consistent with his results. at the higher end of the mid pack, generally.
    xlxy - Is on the cusp of Alien status, consistently in the top half of D1.

I'll do the complete 9 Season breakdown later, my 6yo is demanding my attention..
    Pubs16, Russell, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  8. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    A request for anytime, but you will need extra information.
    A comparison or list of Wheel drivers vs Controller drivers pace.

Another probably not for you, would be gr8 to know what view everybody uses.
    Knowledge on both of these might help understanding others vision and driving.

P.S. FFS Razor and Viper htf how can you be that smooth and fast on controller! :eek:
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    And now ALL 9 seasons
    [​IMG]

TL : DR version
    Pretty chart :)

Keep in mind that the division splits remain the same. DA - 1 to 1.005, D1 - 1.005 to 1.015, D2 - 1.015 to 1.025, etc
    Initial thoughts.
    You can clearly see some trends happen over the 2 years of data captured.
    In the slower GR4 cars, the field performs very well, S2, S4, S6 and S9.
    As the speed increases, the difference between the racers exacerbates. S3 in the Lexus and S7 in the Fittipaldi are classic examples.

Overall Trends
    1. Risky was our early Alien in training, however although his pace hasn't slackened much, everyone around him has improved.
    2. Bryan is a stand out, being consistently either Best of the rest or podium material.
    3. Groover is on the path to improving, starting out in the D2 space, being promoted to D1 and having a red hot go of it.
    4. Hidden in the chart is Razor and Hat, both very consistent racers, generally best of the rest.

Season 1 - GR3 Porsche
    With it being the first season on GTS, everyone was new (ish) to the game. No aliens in sight with the pack chosen. Keep in mind that several of the current mainstays for D1, were in D2. Apex, Hat are 2 that come to mind.
    The stand outs in this season are.
    1. Viper had a poor season, hitting D3 times overall
    2. Apex wasn't much better with mid pack D2 times.
    3. Risky was the front runner here with the only one with a 'D1' time, just.
    4. The rest of the pack would have been D2, battling for the podium.
    Season 2 - GR4 Mustang
    Slower car this time.
    1. Groover had a decent season, albeit in D2 at the time.
    2. Several of the racers begin to make headway to find their pace, moving in the D1 pace range. Apex, Bryan, Hat and Risky.
    3. On Risky, another wonderful season for him, showing what he is truly capable of. On track for Alien status if he can keep it up. Obvs, the slower car at this point in time suited him.
    4. As before, the rest of the pack would have been D2 podium battlers.
    Season 3 - GR2 Lexus (AKA the bucket of :):):):))
    Fast car, that handled like a turd.
    First thoughts as you can see if that everyones pace suffered with not a single racer hitting the mark for D1 pace.
    1. The best of them all was Bryan, closely followed by Hat and Chopper.
    2. Groover, I think still in D2 had an ordinary season.
    3. Risky our first near Alien, didn't gel with the car, falling to the back of the mid pack.
    Season 4 - N400 Toyota (our first 'Road' car), if you call a racing concept a 'road car'...
    Slow car, close racing.
    Everyone seemed to get in on the action after S3 with all but Groover making the 'D1' cutoff.
    1. Xlxy seemed to like this car as did Knuckles, both performing at almost Alien pace.
    2. The rest were having the time of their life all occupying the same space on the track it seems...
    3. Risky seemed to have been gobbled up by the pack, but was right in the mix.
    Season 5 - GR1 Nissan R92 (Wonderfully fast with good cornering car)
    Unlike S3 and S7, the Nissan R92 was a car you could really drive hard with and it just kept on giving. 1 of my personal favorites out of all the cars chosen so far. It cornered like it was on rails as well.
    1. Jono came out on top here, with Razor right behind him.
    2. The rest all were a little slower, but into D2 pace, battling for that D2 podium if they were in that division..
    3. Groover and Chopper had a battle for the spoon.
    Season 6 - GR4 Renault (My first Championship win!!)
    Another slower car, however upon first glance the car didn't work / gel for all.
    1. Bryan lead the way, with Xlxy on his heels. So close to Aliens here.
    2. Viper was another in the top end of the Division.
    3. Bigkev's first season and is battling for the D2 podium...
    4. Pubs first season after 3 away and comes out swinging with solid D1 times.
    5. The rest are mid pack battlers.
    Season 7 - GRX Fittipaldi (A fast car that didn't handle that well, needed a learned touch)
    1. Jono did not like this car at all :)
    2. Chopper however did really well in it, as did Bryan.
    3. Everyone else fell inbetween these 2 extremes.
    Season 8 - GR3 Bettle (Jono's car)
    1. Firstly, this is the car that Jono runs his FIA with so is very intimate with it.... (take that how you wish :) ), This is evident in his pace, being a bees dick away from Alien status. Most of had picked this to be the season that Keeden would be toppled. Jono gave it his all,but Keeden still managed to reign supreme. The turn around by Jono is simply amazing here.
    2. Everyone else is crammed right into the midpack here.
    3. Groover I believe this was his first season in D1.
    Season 9 - GR4 Ferrari 458 (Wonderful little car, not overly powerful, but fast enough. Cornered ok)
    At first glance, the grid finally got it's act together and finally ALL racers selected were in the D1 pace range.
    1. Xlxy definitely had the pace over everyone else, but left after a few races... Very close to Alien here.
    2. Viper, Bryan and Groover were the best of the rest for S9.
    3. Everyone else was mid pack.

Since you asked this question of me, what are your thoughts of the above data / races?
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    G29 and bumper view.
    Easyprey007 and Steve Neilson like this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm not sure what happened to me last season, I put in a lot of practice and in some races was right in amongst the div 1 guys but in others I was mid to lower div 2 - div 3 pace, very inconsistent:confused:.
    I ran two races this week in Race C in GTSport. The race was 10 laps of Autopolis in GP 3 cars with heavy fuel and tyre usage, usually I go well in these. In my first race I chose a 458 and qualified not well, with a time about 2 - 3 seconds slower than @pat65 who I use as a bench mark along with a few others that are around my pace. In the race I was in trouble with tyre wear so much so that the car was nearly undrivable by half distance and slithering around everywhere. I had made up a few spots from my 10th place start but then fell right to the back. In the 2nd race I chose @JonoStan96's pet Beetle and immediately improved 2 seconds on my qualifying, I started the race in third and was quickly up to 2nd when the 2nd place guy slithered off the track. From lap 2 to 6 I was gaining ever so slightly on the leader from about 2.5 seconds back (he had qualified a 1 second or more quicker than me). From lap 7 I closed right up so that I was on his bumper heading into turn 1 on the final lap. I didn't try to dive bomb but my presence so close caused him to outbrake himself and I was through for a comfortable win. My tyres on this car were hardly worn but the tyres on the leaders Atenza were more than twice as worn as mine. The variables in this game are astounding.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I use Bonnet cam, I suppose when you're this dedicated to a game, you learn to drive it really fast no matter how you're operating lol.
    As for the data I absolutely adore it. I'm a sucker for a good spreadsheet and statistics so this is awesome. The data matches how much I've enjoyed each car as well as trends when I began racing at the top tier of FIA Oceania. To be apart of a racing league where the racers are committed enough to create masterpieces like this is an absolute honour, and that's without commenting on the flawless driving on track that leaves me speechless at times. To have a Div 1 pack so diverse that season to season you aren't sure who will be 'best of the rest' is exciting and I'm sure it keeps a lot of people on their toes. Amazing work mate :thumbsup:
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    @Matthyus
    This kind of analysis is just cool. Really interesting and very neatly presented, cracking work.
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Time for the next Super ROOZ induction? ;) @stucar17
    The fella has done way more than I ever contributed to this community.
    CaptainRisky21, StigsTC and Russell like this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    For the tyre heavy Gr.3 races you’re definitely best off sticking to a stable FR car. Mercedes, Beetle, Atenza and Supra are all solid choices.
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Absolutely epic analysis Johnno! You can really tell that the Lexus was my first season on the G29 lolol. Absolute bucket of bolts that was. Seeing this makes me want to put the amount of time and effort i put into the Mustang season into S10. Really inspiring.
    Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  17. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I love this stuff. @Matthyus love your work and analysis.

My rough overview of gtsport so far.

My First season in gtsport in the Renault I practiced my little heart out. I was using a thrustmaster t300. I ended up settling with the cockpit view.
    I often found myself near the front. Surprising myself I could even keep up with such fast drivers.
    This season I had some of my most memorable battles, drives and achievements. Absolute highlight of my time at rooz.
    Near the end of that season I had to reign in the amount of practice I was doing. I couldn't keep that type of practice up. The final race showed a dip in performance and of things to come.

The following season in the fitipaldi was an absolute wreck as I really struggled adjusting to the car. It was a real handful and coupled with almost zero practice I was putting in I had more spins and offs in the first race than I did in the whole season in the Renault. A very below average performance overall from me.

The next season in the beetle came a wheel upgrade and high hopes to get my magic renault speed and performance back but mechanical issues forced me to use the controller for the first time. Another big dip in performance struck me as I came to grips with the controller and a new found appreciation for the talents that @Viperzed and @razor4797 possess. You guys drive like you're on a wheel. Amazing.
    I started to get a feel of both car and controller near the end of the season with a fine drive at Red Bull in the rain. (Which is seemingly becoming a lucky track for me)

The next season in the Ferrari and it definitely was a bit easier to control with the less torque. But the track selection really opened up my weakness on the controller. Most tracks seemed to have a selection of corners that I found incredibly hard to navigate on the controller. A slow start to the season for sure. I managed a great drive at blue moon due to there only being a few corners to nail. Another great drive at red bull in the rain cemented that combination as a favourite for me to get good results.
    The stand out race was at Spa where I finally received my wheel back from Fanatec. The missus allowed me to put a lil extra time in for practice. So I spent most of Friday night getting to know my lovely wheel again with the lovely Ferrari and Spa. The extra practice showed with probably my finest drive out all the seasons. Not battling with anyone helped my cause for the overall quick time, as I would have qualified deep in the mid pack if i was in div 1. But the near faultless drive felt exhilarating nonetheless.
  18. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    What season was my best season?
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    FIA 2020
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    What Jono said :)
    But in reality, S1, S2, S5 and S6 were the seasons were where no one beat your times, either FL or RT.