ACC Have your say on the details for the upcoming RaceOnOz ACC Season 4

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Aug 10, 2020.

?

What would your preferred structure be for season 4?

1. Multi-class GT3/GT4 season - I will be GT3

20.6%
  2. Multi-class GT3/GT4 season - I will be GT4

8.8%
  3. Multi-class GT3/GT4 season - I'm happy to be assigned a class to help balance the numbers

35.3%
  4. Only GT3 class season (possibly Wednesday season becomes GT4)

8.8%
  5. Only GT4 class season

20.6%
  6. Alternating GT3/GT4 season - class alternates weekly, everyone drives both GT3 and a GT4 together

5.9%
  1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hi all,

We are now half way through the ACC Monday night league Season 3 which has been more casual than normal due to uncertainty around DLC at the start of the season. This means it is now time for us to start nailing down the details for a return to perhaps a more serious and competitive Season 4.

As we now have the GT4s in game, we have a number of options for how this season could work.

If we were to introduce multi-class racing for the next season, we would need to make sure that we have enough entries in each class for the competition to be sustainable and remain fun for a whole season. We also don't want to force anyone to drive in a class they do not choose in order to make up numbers.

So, we would like to ask anyone thinking of racing in season 4 to vote here for your favourite proposed Season 4 structure (and comment below if you have another idea or any thoughts you'd like to share). This will really help us to understand what the best option will be, so we can make sure there is good competition in each car class (GT3, GT4 etc) and that we all have a really enjoyable and fun season.

The game itself has come on leaps and bounds in recent weeks/months, so with good driver numbers this season should be the most exciting and best one yet!

Thanks in advance to all for taking part in the poll and discussion.
    Meow and Flamebadger like this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

poop :(
  5. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    If a multi-class season ends up happening: will each car division (GT3, GT4) have it's own set of sub-championships for skill classes (Pro, Silver, Am)?

Or will you spend a couple of sleepless weeks developing an algorithm to determine an overall victor for each skill class :D
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

The way I have implemented it at the moment, there is a separate table for each car class, for each driver class and for each cup type (omg...!).

So there will be an overall table for GT3 cars, with PRO, SILVER and AM class Drivers in it. There will also be an overall table for GT4 cars with PRO, SILVER and AM - and Porsche Cup and also Super Trofeo if we ever decide to run those cars as a class (the functionality is already there).

There would then be the same for the SILVER class tables, where all drivers of PRO and AM class are filtered out. There would be a GT3 SILVER table, a GT4 SILVER table and so on.

Same again for AM.

Then...phew....the Enduro, Sprint and ICGT cups will also have their own tables for each car class (GT3, GT4 etc).

These will all be accessible in the tabs as they are now. The tables will be displayed vertically on top of one another, in the following priority order: GT3, GT4, Porsche Cup, Super Trofeo. In cases where there are no races or drivers of a particlar type, these will be omitted from the tables - e.g. of there are no Enduro races, there will be no Enduro cup tab or tables.

Also, points are awarded for position in class meaning that 1st in GT3 gets the same points as first in GT4, even thought 1st in GT4 may be any position overall (15th, 22nd etc) - but they never appear in the same table as they are in different classes.

I hope that makes sense!
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    fRZn, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I went for the GT4 only season. They are the new kids on the block so it'd be nice to give them a full season on their own then dive into multi-class after that.
    kuda and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes indeed. I put "mixed class - I will do whatever to make up numbers". But I'd also be happy to do a GT4 only season as I think it would be amazing fun and really great racing. We'd likely need to drop a few tracks from the rotation, perhaps 10 rounds would be a good set-up for this.
    nanlatt and krunch like this.
  9. Meow

Meow New Recruit

Thanks for the work you put into this Steve. I voted for GT4 only, otherwise i'de be assigned GT3 and be overtaken by the aliens in rooz in GT4 cars then have to cry myself to sleep.
    fRZn, krunch, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  10. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I would prefer both since Multi-Class racing was part of the reason I was hyped for GT4, that being said I also would like a GT4 (but will drive a GT3 to bring the numbers up). It also depends on interest/number of entrants, no point in having multi-class if it's 8 in GT3 and 8 in GT4
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yeah I agree mate. If we go that route we will try and manage it so we have decent overall numbers, balanced classes and do not force anyone to do what they do not want to do!
    TakFR likes this.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I like the idea of multiclass, but it means you've got about half the numbers in your class, so there might be less chance of close racing.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thank you to everyone that voted in this poll. This data has already been very useful in planning the next season. It is looking very much like multi-class will be the format (pending final sign-up numbers) with what look like very workable numbers here overall.

Thanks all!
    krunch likes this.
  14. Radtaco

Radtaco Rookie

Are custom liveries going to be a thing in season 4?
  15. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

We are locking down exactly what we are going to do with this over the next few days, and all will be announced soon! The admin team is both understanding of the enjoyment people get from custom skins but also the ridiculous join lag they cause, and hopefully we have a solution to both.