PCARS HI-TEC OILS GT SERIES SEASON IV Project Cars

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Sep 30, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The series will run on Sunday night with an approx. 8:30 pm EDST Q session start time. At this stage the series finale will take place on 15/12/15 so depending on when the season kicks off the series will be run over a maximum of 6 weeks with a 8/11/15 start date. The number of drivers in each team will depend on entries... Something that will have to be worked on as we progress.
    So use the thread as your series entry, to indicate you would like to be a Team principle & Engineer and ideas of the cars that will be best suited.

[​IMG]

1. [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  2. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @VARDZ lol i said a team captain and a race engineer but awesome glad you like the idea and that it will get used. Put me on the entry list too but not 100% i can make all races.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ads in. Of the GT3's the bmw and Porsche were the slowest. The ginetta wasn't as bad as first thought and the maclaren seemed to be the best of the lot.

This will be the 3rd GT3 series run. Would you consider maybe a different class?
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'll take the captain's seat of the Aston Martin GTE's, if they arn't allowed, the GT3 version :)
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    It has the biggest variety of cars so probably the easiest to get 4 cars evenly matched
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    :oops:
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  10. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Absolutely in! May have to pull out if it clashes with dates when I'm on leavers but
  12. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Can't tune mate. Need all the help I can get. But will drive the Bentley lol
  13. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Explain to me team principle? Like selecting drivers and all that jazz?

Also if each team has a great tuner is it really vital that we aim for equalised tunes? Or could we just select the cars and blokes tune them to they're best potential.
  14. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    When the cars are at the best hed want them to be equal with the other makes
  15. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    So what restrict the bentleys acceleration, restriction mclarens cornering. Pretty big task and takes away from it I think.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  16. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Well in gt6 it was just drop some horsepower here add some there but im not even sure pcars that even if you restrict a car you can see that anywhere but on your own screen
  17. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    When we had the gt3 series early on besides the merc and ginetta I believe most manufacturers were able to mix it up even though giant was dominant in the BMW. Dave one monza in a Bentley, finchy and Nox mixed it in the mclaren. If I remember rightly I think even slambo was mixing it up in the ruf until connectivity failed. Everyone was more or less sorting there own cars out. Each car has it strengths. Would it not be best for whomever it is tuning to work on the strengths of each car. I don't know. I would just rather see car strengths optimized rather than finding a middle ground.
  18. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah exactly what im saying. Im sure vardz will be more clear. But i assume he will want 4 cars when tuned to their best potential to run similar lap times. If he cant restrict hp than i rekon he will chose less cars
    thebigRAGOO_14 likes this.
  19. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    What time zone is ASDT Q? is it AEST ie 20.30 in Queensland???

Also is that race start time or 1 hour practice start time?
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Teams will be based around manufacturers with possibly 2 - 3 per division... either 1 driver per division and lots of teams or multiple drivers per div and all drivers in a make are in 1 team...