How did you come up with your PSN ID?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JonoStan96, Aug 22, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'll be honest, my ID is pretty abysmal, but when you're 14, desperate to hurry up and play Black Ops multiplayer and have already tried about 100 different names that have been taken, you take what you can get!

So how did you come up with your name?
    Noxrai and Ad2mny like this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I wanted 2QIK4U so it would fit neatly on a number plate in the driving games. No go. Tried Lance_Uppercut and Max_Power in all their combo's of underscores and capitals but still no go. I was thinking to myself they 'had too many' of my names that I wanted...
    Noxrai, Woody, Stiffsht and 1 other person like this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Haha that's brilliant!
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Mine is there was a cheat code in TOCA touring cars 2 on PS1 to make you go faster and it was fastboy, which you had to enter as your name to get it to activated, so ever since then every racing game my name was Fastboy to see if the same thing worked.

When it came to PSN Fastboy was already taken so i just added my last name to it hence Fastboysmith
    Noxrai, Stiffsht, R0T0R-AU86 and 2 others like this.
  5. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well pretty straight forward for me I was a sales manager for a business that sold awnings security screens and blinds anyway I use too do the TV commercials and one of the lines I had to say was ".so call Howard or my self the BLINDMEN at APG . Then back in 05 I started my own buisness and the name stuck THE BLINDMAN the id Blindman was already taken so I added the RACING and it was free BLINDMANRACING !
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Mines easy as they come, I'm an Ozzi and I'm infamous :D in my own lunchbox, hahahahaha

Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Noxrai, Stiffsht, Blindman and 2 others like this.
  7. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    always been called pykey then people started saying pykeybraa then i just added 145 because i just like that number and used it on other racing games
    Noxrai, Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I also obtained mine at work. My decades of computer "nerdism" and all things related to saw me always helping my friends and work colleagues out with computer issues etc. My boss at work would often come into our office and ask a group of us questions, mainly related to sports (who won the game in the EPL overseas or what did such and such score in the cricket).
    Whilst everyone else looked at each other debating who might know the answer I would immediately jump online and use Google to find not only the answer, but other stats he might be interested in.

After a short while this turned into a bit of a joke until one day our boss was looking for some information and thought he'd try Google himself but couldn't find what he was looking for (after spending quite some time online himself)....so he came to see me (thinking I'd have the same bad luck). Instead with a few quick searches I'd found his info and he just laughed and shook his head. From then on whenever he needed to know stuff he always told everyone to go and consult Doogle (a combination of Dave and Google).

I didnt mind it so ran with it and have used it ever since....sometimes just by itself and other times as DoogleDave.

To this day I still have people at work referring to me as Doogle, usually when they are asking me about a PC problem they're having LOL :)
    Noxrai, Blindman, SuiCid3 and 5 others like this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mine is in homage to my lifelong hero Emerson Fittipaldi who was born in 1946
    Noxrai, Woody, Blindman and 3 others like this.
  10. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Motorsports cause im a mad motor racing fan
    5 and 6 are the two numbers used by the main FPR cars (team I support )
    and the 0 made it sound better motorsports560 instead of motorsports56
    Noxrai, Ad2mny, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    SPL are my initials, I'm not very imaginative but I do like racing!
    Noxrai, Woody, Blindman and 2 others like this.
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Back in '06 I was playing a lot of half life 2 a died a lot, so much that it felt like I would always stumble around a corner and get smashed. One guy even said that once after he'd killed me a few times... " gee, you stumbled into that one", lol

Name has stuck ever since, had to add a number on the end as Stumbles was already taken.
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I kinda rushed mine and if you can't tell wasnt wearing the thinking cap!! So on PS4 i will be changing mine for a nice change to OnTheApex6Albert for no reason but because its the exact opposite of what i tend to do!
    Ad2mny, Noxrai and Blindman like this.
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Your psn id carries over to the PS4. Not to say you can't start a new one.
    Blindman likes this.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Already got my new one, i have it on PS3 as well so its all good, plus its my main one on PS4 for when GT7 comes around
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Mmmmmm...... S is for my first name initial, and Close is just an inaccurate translation of my last name to english. By the time I knew English well enough to realise my mistake, too much time had passed, so it just stuck.

Probably don't know English well now anyway... Lol
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Spreken sie Englisch?
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Because I am COB McCOOL
    Ad2mny, Noxrai, WAC and 1 other person like this.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Have used SuiCid3 since I started online gaming with Counter-Strike.
    Homage to the way I play the game... very suicidal
    ranok3n came about when I wanted to play without getting harrassed with requests (was an admin on a pretty popular server)
    Started off with 'random', then after a couple of drunk nights and mispronunciation with some CS friends, it somehow turned into 'ranodom'
    Took a year or two hiatus and came back for a while, starting fresh with 'blank'
    Somehow managed to merge 'ranodom' and 'blank' and got ranok3n :confused:
    Also, PSN wouldn't let me have SuiCid3, so ranok3n has become my alter ego.....

Edit: I was also the very first SuiCid3 to appear online... now it's being used by all these prepubescent teens everywhere... they are ruining my legacy! lol
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Ad2mny, Woody, Blindman and 5 others like this.
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Mine is something I am not called in the real world, and was something that was said to me to try and insult me.

I am a Ford man, always have and will always be. I was at a mates place who is a mechanic, at the time I was building a 351 Cleveland engine for an old coon-dog I had, and a mutual friend of ours called in (he is a Windsor man) we were talking shop, and our mate said don't bloody trust him he's a "Clevohead", I was sitting in my lounge that night setting up my PSN, and trying to come up with something creative, (everything else I was trying was taken) and I thought what did Dave call me today, that's right Clevohead! I still love Cleveland V8s, Fords, and Playstation, it is unique, and I can't very well go and change it now :)

Cheers
    Clevo
    Noxrai, WAC, Blindman and 4 others like this.