How did you find out about GT League OZ/Race on OZ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barra333, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Stu, LMAO thats classic.

I can't believe I left out Topcat too lol, he was around back in the NOS days too, in fact me and him went toe to toe with each other on Spa for 40 laps straight in the GTR in one race, don't know how I could forget that.
  2. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Carn_the_pies told me about it when GT5 first came out and although i've never raced here on GT5, always stuck around and had a look at forums and talk to the guys on the iRacing side of things.
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    haha, That was me. Im glad that worked.

I got the random message from Carn.
  4. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Nos_Bonus_888 got me going here, part way thru season 6. Glad he did too! Cheers Bonus

and Neishy, I remember that race well mate.....epic!! You hit the wall into turn 1 on lap 38 and your car flew straight up into the air. I was right behind you and went clean under your car. That gave me a little gap on you with 2 laps to go and you were clawing your way back right up to the flag. One of those races you never forget.
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Same as a few of us it seams. I too met Carn in open lobbies which was pretty lucky as we mostly raced in private rooms. Best thing I ever done, great community and well run league with the fastest of drivers, really improved over the season just trying to get my lap times within seconds of the top guys. Having my first season off since season 2 but will be watching all the action from the forum and look forward to the race summaries you guys will be posting up.
  6. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Dougz32 brought me here :)
  7. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Found RACEONOZ via google would you believe... searched Aussie iRacing back a year ago and read a few topics and thought why not join....

I must admit top blokes on here - Keep up the great work ladz
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Found it when I was looking for a wheel stand, and saw a review from someone from raceonoz at the pagnian website.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's cool, a bit of cross promotion then!
  10. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I used to browse whirlpool all the time and saw the startup thread for gtloz. Did 4 seasons of gt5 before the practice hours became too much for me to be at the level of competitiveness I wanted to be. Switched to iracing and now just race when I have a block of spare time.

This site is a testament to Justin and carn, at the start we only had one or two moderators. Justin always working in the background improving the forum without really participating in it. Looking back it was Carn's promoting that made a whole lot of people join. I only managed to bring in one or two people. At the beginning I was really enthusiastic about improving the stats and results side of things, starting up the wiki that we had until it was lost.

Now I mostly lurk around :)
  11. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Carn dropped into to Madisons web site(TTR) and threw down the gauntlet. :)
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I just joined a random aussie lobby and stucar (stuart1711... something.... sorry m8) and I think VENDALISM and Aussie_man were in there plus a few others that I cant remember and I had 1 race and it was awesome. At the end stucar invited me to join the league and after a few hiccups with getting banned thinking I was a spammer or something I was finally on, qualied just in time for season 10, and now in the final round I'm in with a shot for div 4 champ!! This is an awesome setup because in a random room, there are no repurcussion's for bad sportsmanship. I love it and have recommended it to all my GT5 psn m8s.
  13. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :lol: Same as me,was racing in an open room with Ad2mny,he mentioned and now i'm here! :p
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. Nomad_Jas

Nomad_Jas New Recruit

I heard the website mentioned in a YouTube video review of a steering wheel stand from Pagnian Imports.
    Regards, Jas.
    carn_the_pies and Clevohead like this.
  15. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Well me .kids have cars now so don't play on ps3 & me doing little bit of rallying in the 80s before i had the kids could not afford
    rallying. but still have racing in my blood so about 4/5 months ago talked the miss in to buying g27 & hired dirt3 but did not like it
    so got gt5 out we did not know how to do much and still don't lol she got sick of me being back seat driver. so my plan worked out fine
    i have the longe tv & computer but got sick of playing the game against the computer . so joined GTP_ so if you see GTP_bjh240rs
    its my other acount i had to set up so come on in . so how i got here i sent message to GTP saying i just want to race & barra333
    gave me a link to get here & i have not seen him to thank.
    PS thanks to all for your help old guy with new toys some times it works& some times not.
    Cheers bj
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    You're welcome bj. I'm not around here much any more because I moved to Europe, and the new timezone means it is tough to be online at the right time each week.
    That, and I think I left my GT5 disc in a box at my parents' house, which is now 20,000km away. :mad:
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  17. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Well Barra333 thanks for pointing me in the right direction met heaps of good people here still slow on computer & driving lol.
    but having heaps of fun.
    Cheers bj
    Juzzo, S_CLOSE and Ad2mny like this.
  18. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i work for Optus and was talking to Stu one day about mobile plans
    we got talking about on line playstation games
    he told me about RACEONOZ and invited me into a room one night and showed me the ropes
    a few other guys came on as well and it was great fun great group of guys so i joined the next day
    i will say as an orginisation you could not wish for a better group of guys and i wont spell out names because there is to many to mention and would not want to miss anyone out
    so guys you who you are and thanks for all your help over the last year
    you are my mates for ever
  19. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Hey mate, I work for Optus Macquarie Park as well? small world.

;)
    colin-50_ likes this.
  20. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    what do you do
    I am in ODA team in north terrace Adelaide extension 81616
    i am a residentual /business consultant