How did you find out about GT League OZ/Race on OZ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barra333, Jul 5, 2012.

1. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Who is is he? don't recognise the name and isn't in my psn list o_O:D:p
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I heard about ROOZ from Koaster and Colin-50 when I was racing @ GTSR, still yet to take part in a race. But based on the friendly and welcoming attitude here, I think I'll be around for many seasons to come ;):cool:
    stucar17, KoAStR, JonoStan96 and 3 others like this.
  4. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    Vardz an MINT_GTR encouraged me to join thanks guys
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    @N64TheStig007 Got me to sign up and couldn't be any more thankful for it! It's awesome here!
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well I believe @carn_the_pies has to take the credit for getting me to sign up. I had no idea that this magnificent community even existed before ANZGT was challenged by ROOZ which I believe Carn was the the mastermind behind. Even though the series was a disaster as a result of a certain someone who I'm sure most of you know. Seeing @Mustafur and @vh_mik, who I had fond memories of some brilliant races in random lobbies back in GT5 were apart of ROOZ, and had gone from quick to alien like since the last time I had raced with them had me seeking more info. Although there were a few things that put me off, mainly the prohibition of tuning. @Fastboysmith who had already abandoned the sinking ship that is ANZGT finally twisted my arm enough to sign up. Lets just say I haven't looked back since and you'll be stuck with me for what i'm sure will be many years to come :D
  7. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Mine was quite interesting back earlier this year and even late last year I raced with a bunch of guys and all we did was race the v8 supercar at mt panorama this particular night we decided to do a 25 lap race at the nurburgring v circuit in gt3 cars I wouldnt remember who but someone asked if there was any gt6 online championships going on and someone said raceonoz was the best place for good clean online racing that had me interested cause I was sick of getting crashed off first turn by some noob looked up the site and was pretty much hooked signed up to the site just to have a go I still remember being quite suprised being put in division 2 for my first season but after the awesome first race I just never left (except for 2 races later when I raged over the psn servers and didnt do the rest of the season) but im still here loving the racing :)
    stucar17, Stumbles and SPL Racing like this.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I had no idea that their were proper online racing leagues with guys that were even more mad about racing than I was. I had played gt for years and tried a few online races in gt5. I felt like I was the only guy on track with a brake pedal and more often than not ended being run off the road so I got tired of that pretty quick. When gt6 came out I did a few races at Bathurst and some bash and crash at Daytona for a laugh. The gt6 game itself offered little challenge and once I finished the super series went off the game until I saw a sponsored post for race on Oz on Facebook. I had heard a little bit about Iracing and thought it sounded like fun but I wasn't a PC guy. I started following the fb page last season when they were running the Mclaren. I joined up looking for a challenge and boy did I find it. Awesome, super close,clean racing with some very talented drivers and this was only in Div 4.

I'm only 2 races into my ROOZ career and I can say I'm completely hooked already and can see myself being around for a long time. Bring on gt7, 8 and so on.
    TheJuzzy, KoAStR, Ad2mny and 5 others like this.
  9. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I remember that ANZGT vs ROOZ i did the practice setting the fastest lap then kenty limited me to NSX only lol, too good for kenty lol.
    I also got a message off Carn but i didn't accept because busy with TeamRedline league's and i was stuggling to do them all lol.
    A lot of use drivers wanted me to sign up and now im happy i did nices guys i met after the ANZGT crap going on lol.
    TheJuzzy and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I was racing with ANZGT like last year December or so and I was in a lobby randomly and @carn_the_pies came in and did some advertising. I signed up in January but I lost interest in racing only racing like 2 times a week, seeing as my nascar glory days were over after racing with StrikeForce and the ANZACS. I competed in the ANZGTvsROOZ for ANZGT and I got punted off the track by VPredz so I said stuff the lot of yas and left ANZGT told them where to stick it except for Hezza and Juzzy also Woody because they are top blokes. Joined up for last round of season 2 in the mclaren and here I am Div 4 season 3 leading the championship with some of the best drivers in Australia and the world. ANZGT is no more...It is now known as PIT LANE. Rooz is love...Rooz is life
    seth123, TheJuzzy, Motors560 and 5 others like this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I hope in this case Anon isn't Shrek lol
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :eek: that sig is an eye melter! :cry::confused:
    Clevohead likes this.
  13. Hayness

Hayness New Recruit

PSN ID
    Hayness87
    Heard about the Friday night GT3 Project Car race league on the PS4 over at the Whirlpool forums. I play all my racing games online, it is so much more fun that way i'm sure we all agree :D. Looking forward to joining in some races here.
    Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I jumped in a practice room where aocleaner was racing and was really impressed by the clean racing. Him, stucar and a couple of others told me about racing and signing up and here I am.
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  15. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    I discovered ROOZ via OzCoMoBros
    I discovered OCMB via a post Velly made on VWWatercooled
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I joined one of the sunday night league races and got the ol 'this is a league event leave immediately or be kicked' I quickly typed how do I join and the boys told me to get to raceonoz. Happy days
    Clevohead, JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  17. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    End of GT5, start of GT6. Seen the lobbies and knew of a few racers from the group. First race was in the hto series and boy that was one of the best races.
    SuiCid3 and jasondull1986 like this.
  18. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Clevohead, SuiCid3 and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Treat em mean, keep em keen! :roflmao:
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I remember you finding us on a Tuesday lol