How did you find out about GT League OZ/Race on OZ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barra333, Jul 5, 2012.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I think it was whirlpool a few years ago. Joined up for a GT5 series but life happened.

After looking back through previous replies I think Carn may have recruited me. I definitely played GT5 with him and had him on my friends list.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

I was racing sprint karts at the time and also working with Vardz. On Mondays, we'd catch up and discuss our racing conquests on a Monday and I'd feel my sore ribs and look at my declining bank balance.
    He explained what ROOZ was all about but I was a little sceptical because of my very limited experience I'd had racing in open lobbies against foreign drivers that used me as a brake markers.
    Jumped online one night with Vardz, chopped a few lap then a couple of other guys came into the room.....few short races later and yep,..........Hooked!!!!
    So, kart sold, G27 and rig bought, and really enjoying the good clean racing that we get with equal equipment.
    What's best is no more rib pain on Mondays, you can stuff your car into a fence at high speed and it doesn't cost a cent and on some tracks (Fuji), you can have a couple of swigs of Carltons finest products before you've gotta think about braking;)
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    stucar17, Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I found out about ROOZ from a guy another in another crew , he would all ways disappear on a Sunday night , so I asked him what are you doing ? he told me about this crew with quick clean racer's .
    So on GT6 I jumped in to a couple of racer's and loved the fact that no set up's were used ,which made thing's close .
    Now we have Project Cars and I'm a strictly ROOZ , I'm bringing a few over and they love the close racing and the depth of the field .
    I'm hooked on Project Car and hooked on ROOZ , there's a good bunch here .
    Spidey_11 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Great minds thing a like Pykey , I got sick of the bagging as well . I love it here and don't think I'll be going back to PitLane any time soon . I think it pretty much dead any way .
  6. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

I loved it when you posted the pic of the ROOZ flyer that came in your T500RS box on the Facebook page. Gold!
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  7. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Ha ha , Yeah , I got in trouble for that .
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I started an Aussie thread over at the Official Pcars forums. Started getting a really good bunch of blokes together for some fun and clean races. One of the guys PSN name actually is ROOZ and someone was talking to him about it. I overheard about this site, took me ages to find it because I was searching for OZ being spelt as AUS or similar (raconaus.com).
    I eventualy put two brain cells together and found this site and joined up.
    Really miss the in-game banter. Races can get long and boring without stirring up your mate and asking him where he is on track haha :thumbsup:
    If anyone reads this and wants in-game chat during the next series like this post and we'l get a PSN party chat up for the races.
    Clevohead, Ryzza5 and TheJuzzy like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    ANZGT owner was telling me what a 'Rooz' was. As he was telling me I searched the site and started to make my account @COME_AND_GET_ME7 helped explain the seriousness of the racing and the competition here
    Year and a bit later still here :D
    Didn't started racing here until a month or so after making my account wish I started earlier :cry:
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I found @Spidey_11 on a clean drivers list somewhere or other, sent him a friend request on PSN and he replied with a link to this place. Couldn't be happier, I've already had a few fun sessions with some ROOZ guys, and @stucar17 has been super helpful in getting the Radical set up for season 3 (even though I've missed the first race).
    Spidey_11 and Clevohead like this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I was directed here by @fezza on Whirlypool when i was asking about potential racing leagues. because of you blokes ive now gotten way to serious and spent too much money on wheels and such. but would never look back.
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I recon I put my own name in that list ;)
    Clevohead and dj2ca like this.
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    @CyberStig_77
    long long time ago on a Friday night, he was hilarious
    and the rest is history
    Clevohead likes this.
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I was waiting for the galaxy far far away bit as well :p
    t_b_williams likes this.
  15. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I congratulated Spidey on a race win and he told me about it.
    garyw61 likes this.
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I got curious and joined a practice session around Silverstone started by @Adam Wyman. Asked what he was practicing for and went from there lol.
  17. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    was watching a Tiametmarduk F1 video and googled the ASR league he was in and this poped up aswell.
  18. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    I dont recall exactly how I found this group, I was searching for something race related online...maybe wheel recommendations. Anyways I found a whirlpool thread and someone in that had a link to this league. Checked it out, ummed and ahhed for about 1/2 the day and finally thought I would join. At least this way I can have people to race against and get better, quicker. :cautious:
    stucar17, PaulCox and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I was looking for an Aussie Based League to join, had seen the ROOZ servers in AC server list and looked it up. Glad I did, having a great time.
  20. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    After buying GT Sports I googled forums and found GT Planet, so was watching that, people started talking about league races, then found @Hatfields post and signed up...