HOW TO QUALIFY FOR GT6 SEASON RACES

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, we are asking that everyone who intends racing in any GT6 season send a qualifying time in so we can set the divisions. This is necessary due to the new physics engine GT6 uses, and also the high number of new entries. We will also use this method for future seasons of GT6.

Please follow the instructions below so you can set a time.

GT6 Qualifying process

Select TIME TRIAL in single player option, you may use Traction control (TC) and ABS. All other aides must be OFF.
    Car : Scion FR-S (from borrowed car list)
    Track : Apricot Hill
    Tires : Sport Hard
    Track Edge : Real
    Anon has also put together this video to follow :

Please send your time via PM to one of the mods for logging of your time, or email to wpgt5l@gmail.com. Don't log it into the general forum.

As per our driving rules, at least 2 wheels MUST REMAIN ON AT LEAST THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIME. Having all 4 wheels outside the track boundary would deem the lap invalid.

All racing rules and regulations can be found here : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

The Mod team reserve the right to move drivers to a division they deem appropriate based on previous season results, if the time isn't seen as a true reflection of that drivers "real pace".

The Mod team 'might' also ask for a replay of the lap as proof of your submitted time, so once your time has been set please save your laps to your replay gallery.

If you have any problems submitting a qualifying time please contact a moderator for help.

Cheers
    ROOZ Mod Team

- http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt6-gtloz-how-to-qualify-for-sunday-league.830/
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for all the times being submitted people. The mod team is overwhelmed by the support and excitement for Season 1. It is going to be a cracker. I just thought I would quickly cover a few things that have come up with regards the qual process.

There has been some discussion about disclosing lap times and I can understand why this is being asked. We won't be doing it at this stage, so you just have to get in there and give it your best shot. The staff here want to get 4 or 5 really competitive rooms going and we can do that if you show us your real pace in the qualification process. I have run 2 sessions myself (and will be doing more laps when I have time), and I've already taken a second off my first time. I want to stay in Div 1 even though Warrior, Musta, etc hand me my pants week after week.

This season will also have prizes, I don't think we can disclose them yet, but they are good...very good. Everyone has a chance of winning - it will be a lotto style draw like previous events. As with those previous events, the higher up you are, the more chance you have of winning something.

Finally, as Stu has said, we have the final say on where people go and will be using this process as a guide. In the mod team there are guys from all Divisions and we are using our lap times to help us with these decisions as well. Some of the times coming have had us scratching our heads to be honest. So if you think that there may be a few more tenths in your kit-bag, go find it. There is plenty of time. I find that it takes 4-5 laps to get the tyres to come to life and from there another 4-5 to get a quick one.

See you on the track!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.