ACC In between seasons Monday season 3 Signup and entries

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Awesome battle, was so focused with you that once we got side by side I was caught of guard by Krunch, didn't see him coming until he was right on top of us. A bit of chaos at the start of race two, some three wide with me in the middle moments, it didn't end well for some sorry if I caused any of it. Race one I was way over fuelled and heavy, had someone pressuring to get past me, stuck their nose up the inside and we touched, went into the wall, sorry about that too. A few "sht sht sht" moments but a good night of racing, thanks guys.
    Cool edits on the replay... I did rub someone off at the start of race two, very sorry about that didn't mean to.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Had a good race 1, was generally uneventful though apart from holding off @krunch I did check the replay to see if I caused you to go off at the start of sector 3 but I don't think I caused any issues, too late on the breaks maybe?

Race 2 was a good qualification, had a big pack of cars close together but managed to get out of that unscathed but was then punted by Rowden who just didn't break much for a hairpin, (don't drive with your eyes focused entirely in the mirror next time) which gave me rear end damage and caused an already slide happy car to become even more keen to kill you, lost if going into the esses and called it there. Could have kept going I guess but it just became an unenjoyable car to drive at that point.

Any particular reason the turnout was low this time around?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Good question mate. I think this is likely due to the kind of confusing, mixed cars, half-serious season we are having right now. I think a few rounds of this kind of thing is great for a break but I am assuming most drivers are looking for something they can really get their teeth into with a single car choice and a good competitive vibe. We have already capped this one at 10 rounds down from 15 but it may even be a good idea to bring this down to 8 and get cracking on a 'proper' season 4 sooner rather than later.

Also in season 2 I think we made a mistake by changing a few drivers class without really any warning, and we had never done this before so I don't think anyone expected it. Of course the intention was to correctly place a few drivers that hadn't set a qualy time anything like their 'real' pace (we are talking 2 seconds slower in the qualy server than their race pace on the same track) and to make the competition close and more exciting - but I think while this worked for some drivers and improved their second half of the season, it actually discouraged a few others who lost interest. Perhaps this season was also a bit long, I'm not quite sure about that. In any case we started off Season 3 with much reduced momentum overall.

In the meantime, it has been a bit tough to sort everything out what with the GT4 DLC dropping just as this season started and the changes in admins etc - but I think we are back on track now and can resume something approximating 'normal' service.

Over the last two weeks we have been working really hard on creating a new system for allocating driver classes that we hope will avoid any issues in future and make things much fairer and more transparent.

Also, thanks to everyone that has voted in the Season 4 poll and/or commented there - all of the feedback has been taken on board for Season 4 planning and is proving very useful. More on this soon.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas to put forward, please do. Now is the right time to talk about it as we lock down the details for the next season and start to try and build some enthusiasm/hype!
  4. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

"firstName":"Tom",
    "lastName":"Hanks",
    "shortName":"THS",
    # 21

Flamebadger likes this.
  5. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

Also sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find the timings of practice/quali/race.
    Can someone help out this kiwi noob please?
    Flamebadger likes this.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yep good fun couple of races :).

R1
    I had a great early battle with Andy Macfarlane until I blew it by outbraking myself trying to make a move and lost time running across the grass. A few corners later I blew it again and ran off again dropping a few spots. Shortly after I was lucky when a couple of cars bumped and went off up ahead. I caught up to Mael and we had cool battle for a number of laps until I found a way past. The rest of the race was me just making sure I kept it on the track.

R2
    The first couple of laps were frantic with cars going everywhichway. I was lucky to avoid the chaos and found myself having to defend hard from Mael. He seemed quicker at this point and nearly got past me but I think my pressures came up just enough to give me some more grip and I managed to break clear. I was then watching Bueller and Wally battling for most of the race from a fair way back. It wasn't until the last couple of laps that they slowed enough for me to arrive on the scene and create an extra headache for them both! I couldn't quite make a move stick but boy it was fun and certainly livened up the end of my race :).
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hey Tom, welcome!

I will add you to the server whitelist before next week's race.

Please can you set a time in a GT3 car on our qualifying server? Details are here.

As for race times: practice starts on RaceOnOz Server 01 at 8:00pm AEST, qualifying starts at 8:45pm. Depending on race format, quali may last 10 or 15 mins. Server 1 is only up on race nights, but our qualifying server and quick race server (4 & 5) are usually up 24/7. Due to foibles of the Kunos server browser you may need to manually search for Rooz or RaceOnOz to find them unfortunately!
  8. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

Awesome thanks, yep I've set a time. I work shifts so can't race all the time but will when I can :)
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'll turn up every Monday regardless, but yes, the current races don't really feel like a proper season but just a bit of fun. What I miss with the random car selection is the ability to spend some time practising and tinkering with setups, which is part of the fun.
    tezpez85, Flamebadger, krunch and 2 others like this.
  10. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I kinda like figuring out what some GT4 cars are like in a league setting beforehand, I know that the KTM is not for me now for example but I enjoyed the GT4 Merc more then I thought I would (The BMW was alright as well, it just has weird gear ratios)
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

TBH I enjoy the racing no matter what the format or car - but there is something extra spicy about grinding every last tenth out of a car you've been working with for weeks.
  12. GentlemanJez

GentlemanJez Rookie

Probably had my best results there in those races. Benefited from some first lap chaos in the first race and second race (apologies to the person I boop'd in the second race!)

I'm pretty easy either way although I think I have a preference for the chonky GT3 cars and how they work. Regardless I'm learning a lot just from driving with you guys, watching the lines you take and how you overtake. Also, if all goes well this week, should be ordering a steering wheel.
  13. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

Hi keen to join

"firstName":"Peter",
    "lastName":"Wall",
    "shortName":"WAL",
    # 017

Steam Id 76561198050250494
    look forward to racing with you all.

Cheers
  14. Flamebadger

Hey Peter, thanks for signing up!

I will add you to the server whitelist before tomorrow's race. Hopefully see you there! There's a pinned thread about joining the RaceOnOz discord in this forum as well - I recommend connecting to it even if you don't have a mic, as if anything unexpected happens during a session it is hard for admins to communicate via ingame chat.

Please can you set a time in a GT3 car on our qualifying server if you have not already? Details are here.
  15. WALLZY

Thanks Falmeburger
    Added discord.
    Also I am having a odd bug in the qualifying server it wont let me drive.(i.e. it doesn't except any inputs that control the car steer throttle) i have tested in other servers and i have no issues it is just the qualifying server.

cheers
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Ahem... there's already a WAL :D
  17. Flamebadger

I... um.... oops :D

@WALLZY, please can you select an alternative 3 letter abbreviation, thanks! I'll also have a quick look at the quali server to see if I can replicate your issue.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

i think we should make you guys fight for it. Rattle guns at 10 paces?
    tezpez85 likes this.
  19. WALLZY

No worries Just change it to PWA
  20. Flamebadger

Yeah I was able to replicate that, very odd, but should be sorted now. :thumbsup: