ACC In between seasons Monday season 3 Signup and entries

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jun 21, 2020.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Holy...oh man...
    krunch likes this.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I had some good racing with Nan Latt and Neal Krempin at the start, but then I had this weird power loss, where I was motoring along in 2nd gear and the car just stopped accelerating. I was shifting up and down through gears trying to get back into some kind of powerband; finally it got moving again. The wheels were absolutely flatspotted to hell, making it nasty to drive. After I pitted, it was pretty lonely - I barely saw anyone else in 12th/11th. I also had some pretty big pressure drops on the right hand side from the kerbs. So a tough night for me really.
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Once again, thanks to all who turned out, and thank you for the mostly clean racing all. That was oddly enjoyable and also hard work!

As always, there is the penalty zone if anyone feels aggrieved and wants to take something to our post-race stewards.

Race Results <- here

Highlights

Only 2 rounds left of this season, one last random GT3 and one last random GT4 to go!
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Great battles between Bueller, Krunch, Medved an Mael, very entertaining.
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Strange that Maserati don't have ABS and TC when the rest of the class does.
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

Awesome replay actually, some great back and forth battles!
    Flamebadger likes this.
  7. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Nice highlights captured in that replay. Great battles, well driven to all involved in them.
  8. GentlemanJez

GentlemanJez Rookie

It's a fun track but my poor tyres. Ended up getting two punctures and couldn't get back to pit. Had my best qualifying at least tho.
    fRZn, krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Wow what can I say - that was one of the best ones! And what a car! I hadn't tried the Maserati yet but having heard the talk I knew to be careful. I actually really liked how responsive it was even though it was always threatening to kill you if you took your mind off the job :)

Huge respect for these guys - @Flamebadger, @Dan Medved, @Bueller, @Mael :thumbsup: Just unbelievable nose-to-tail and door-to-door stuff for the entire race!

Early on I tried to put pressure on Flamebadger but he absorbed it no problem. When it came time to stop I knew my tyre pressures weren't set right but I hadn't had any chance to tweak them so had to live with low pressures.

That meant that after my stop I was pretty slow. Dan was glued to my bumper for most of the 2nd stint and I had the elbows out, but barely a tap was exchanged the entire time - top stuff! Meanwhile Bueller and Mael were battling and lurking right behind. Anyone who's watched the highlights above can probably tell it was pretty intense but that doesn't even capture half of it!
    Dan and I were side by side from T1 to T5 on lap 23 and Bueller and Mael were right behind! No one could relax but boy it was fun :)

That stuff is what it's all about for me and why I love racing at rooz :thumbsup:

Grats Tezpez on the win. Well done Cooper and Flamebadger on the podium.
  10. GentlemanJez

GentlemanJez Rookie

You guys are in a lot a trouble :devilish:
    [​IMG]
    Because I have no idea how to use this and I'm likely to run everyone off the road.
    fRZn, Dan Medved, krunch and 2 others like this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

nice mate!!!
    GentlemanJez likes this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

hey all - with @krunch as my witness, the random number generator has made a decision: tonight we will be driving the Jaguar G3
    Flamebadger likes this.
  13. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Thanks for the racing tonight and cool to see a (I believe) 100% finish rate. Only one more round to go, and then we should have some (hopefully) exciting announcements regarding plans for season 4!

@SteveDrivingSlowly will handle the results in the morning, but for now, here are the highlights. As usual it will take a little while to upload, and then process into SD & HD.

Highlights
    fRZn, tezpez85, Wally and 3 others like this.
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi everybody - results are up, league table is updating! Check 'em out here
    GentlemanJez, Flamebadger and Wally like this.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

Next time we race at Paul Ricard I'll take a GPS with me. Needed it to find the track after one excursion :cry: through the land of parallel stripes. Otherwise had some great battles, great fun Krunch!
  16. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Had a great time in the Jag with an awesome early battle between @Cooper and @Dan Medved.
    Having not driven it since pre-release, I might have to do some testing on more circuits to see how it fairs for the upcoming season (maybe...).
  17. krunch

Haha yeah it all looks the same once you go off track! And yep top battle Mael :thumbsup:. You won out in the end. I think I was just too rough with the car and toasted that front left too early.

Second stint I tried not to overdrive the car but still couldn't find any consistency. At one point I over defended into the hairpin against Wallzy, bounced off the kerbs and banged into him. Sorry about that mate. Had a good battle with Nanlatt who had more pace and was patient and eventually found a way around me.

Anyway it was some pretty average driving by me overall but still plenty of fun.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  18. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

No worries Krunch watched the replay. you wouldn't think a curb would launch a car like that.
    GentlemanJez and krunch like this.
  19. krunch

Hey all. I hope everyone is looking forward to the final round of Season 3 tonight :).

We're at Nurburgring in a GT4. A random GT4 car will be selected before 8pm.

For more info check the first post of this thread.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  20. krunch

The random draw is done and witnessed by @SteveDrivingSlowly
    Tonight's car is the... Ginetta G55 GT4
    Flamebadger likes this.