ACC In between seasons single make season discussion/poll

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 17, 2020.

?

What race format should these rounds be

1. Single 60 minute sprint race

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Single 45 minute sprint race

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. 2x 30 minute sprint races

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

when I can participate i am keen for anything you guys want to do.. I think a Porsche Cup series would be sweet as.. Open setup as it can not be locked and policed..
  2. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Please tell me the Porsche Cup isn't as incredibly twitchy and lockup happy as it is in iRacing...
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

i have never tried iR however I don't find the Cup car in ACC to be like that at all.. I think it has great physics. My guess is they have a lot of good data on this one from Porsche.
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I found it very challenging having the GT3 cars willingness to kill you combined with no traction control. It makes you realize how much you lean on the TC.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

It has no TC so it requires a bit of gentle handling, if you are used to running higher TC and hammering the gas it make take a moment to get used to. Also it is a Porsche so balance changes a lot due to fuel load (as any of the porsche guys will know very well). I think we did an hour at Hungaroring with a stop for tyres only and I found it got loose towards the end. Your mileage may vary.

Brilliant car though, very fun and rewarding to drive.
    TakFR and nanlatt like this.
  6. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Its not. Its got ABS, so while it will lock a little easier than the GT3s its pretty hard to lockup.
    TakFR likes this.
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

I see the first GT4 trailer dropped the other day, showing off the BMW M4 GT4, and promising a release of July. This being Kunos who have never managed to stick to announced timeline ever, I think we can assume it'll probably drop in early August.

Whilst I will definitely turn up for the single make championship, I would be far more keen to be able to do a mini GT4 championship when that DLC drops as well, as it looks like it will be quite some time before the British GT pack drops sometime in Northern hemisphere 'winter'.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and JamesT like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The in between season will be open for adjustments if new content is made available. I think there will be a weeks break with no official race after this long season ends. Then we will set out how this will start out but it will be single make races in different cars each week until further notice. If gt4's come then we will use that content in some way to give people a test in it.

Wednesday will start out as Porsche cup with 5 round blocks as the last few wednesday seasons have been. This may continue as this in future seasons but it may become a gt4 open season too once they are released.
  9. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

How about making Mondays be lesser used GT3's (650s, XKR, REX Lambo, V12 Aston etc) then GT4 when released?
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats kind of the plan atm running the cars not used first in a single make round each week.
    TakFR likes this.