PC iRacing capability??

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Zachery, May 30, 2020.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    hey guys.

Throwing an upgrade gpu and an extra ram in my pc next week, in the hope itll run iracing pretty well. Would just like one of our well trained pc eyes to have a look at my build, and comment whether ill be able to run decent graphic settings at 75fps (monitor max)

Specs with new gpu and ram included;
    Msi mortar b350m motherboard
    Ryzen 5 1600 cpu (next upgrade im assuming) with standard wraith spire cooler
    Msi radeon rx 5500xt 8gb GPU
    16gb (2x8gb) corsair vengence RAM
    750W corsair PSU

Think thats all the important bits. Tell me what ya think?

TIA
  2. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    My PC uses an i5 6500 cpu and R9 380 gpu and runs it ok. As far as I can tell, your PC is a bit better than mine so you shouldn't have any problems unless you're planning on running more than 1080p with single screen.
    Zachery likes this.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm running a gaming laptop with an i7-8750H, Nvidia 1070(8GB) 16GBRAM.

WIth that I arm running VR (Oculus Rift S) and getting more than acceptable performance with moderate quality settings. VR tends to be much more intensive that running monitors.

When I plug the laptop into a 4K screen (I only do this to capture replays) my framerate sits on the 90FPS target with all quality settings maxed out.

In comparisons I can see, my CPU is comparable to yours in performance and my GPU is about 20% faster.
    So with a monitor I would expect your rig to be more than adequate, most likely would run triple 1080s fine. It may work with VR as well but would certainly require lower quality settings.
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Awesome. Thanks guys. Hurry up monday delivery haha
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Results for anyone interested. Only on single 1080p monitor for now, 2 more coming soon.

All graphics on high settings. Have limited to 75 frames as per monitor. Runs perfect. Crystal clear and smooth as!

Cpu and gpu temps consistently low, hardly breaking a sweat. Looking forward to my extra 2 screens.