IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Oooh I just remembered the Lotus '79. That looks sweet.
    [​IMG]
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I bought the ford GT awhile ago but Ive never got to race it as I didnt know you had to own all the other cars in the "mixed races" even if you dont plan on using them.. Mclaren looks sweet!
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    If you plan to race in the DUG series, you'll need all 3. C6R, GT40 and Honda. So far we have 3 ROOZ representatives in the DUG series. You could make it 4 dave!

The LOTUS 79 probably one of my favourites.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah yea good point. Well that could be my 3 pcs of content right there then....I've got 'til the 23'rd to decide so we'll see. :p
    Who else is running the DUG comp ATM?
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Dustin and James
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah sweet, hope guys are coordinating paint schemes so you look like a team! ;)
    What's James' username on the forum?
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    James and I have the same paint scheme, with the two main colours flipped. Dustin wasn't on last night, not sure if he will make tonights race.

James Hart
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OK cool.
    Nah man on ROOZ forum, has james registered here? There's no James Hart on the Userlist.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Just did my debut street stock race with tek. I was 6th on the grid but quickly up to 4th.

Thereafter it got pretty rough. Only one guy passed me clean, the rest just come up behind and shunted me out of the way... boooo. Finished a beat up 8th.

A bit of a tough SoF for my debut street stock race and still rookie. 1770 something.
    The other split would have been more favourable :)

Good performance tek. ;)
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Had my 1st race with Koastr running the street stock at south boston tonight. We got in the same split which was reasonably high (1770 odd iR) only 2 rookies. I started 2nd got jumped at the start and tucked in for 3rd, Koastr started 6th and afetr a few laps moved up behind me in to 4th about 2.4 behind he was cutting the gap though. Not sure what happened think he got taken out?? As he disapeared from 4th, we didnt get close during the race but the heart beat rasied when I saw you behind. :)

I'd tapped the wall slighty and understeer had set in, I was now coming up to lap traffic still in 3rd on lap 30 odd. I passed some euro going into 2 and he thought it be good to tap me in the back into 3. Was just enough to turn me, gathered it up in 5th with 4th .2 in front. Managed to pass 4th in the 8 odd laps left and hold him of for 4th.

Edit Ah just got to fix up my road racing now koastr, had a reasonable day today a few disconects cost me....had a shocker in the "iracing news" one at summit. Few podiums on road today though, next time Ill try join your road race.

Yea it was the top split....iracing rates you man :p
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Anyone tried racing the Street Stock on a road circuit?
  12. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

You sound like you're looking for an iRacing surrogate for your JL Tank Car, Dave ;)
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe LMAO :lol: Well that's pretty fun so maybe the Street Stock will be too ;)
  14. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    I did a street stock series in a 5 round league. Was pretty awesome fun!

Turn 1 lap 1
    [​IMG]

Me making a mistake and driving it straight into the door of Corey's XSG Stockie
    [​IMG]

Trying to find a way around Corey Slade.
    [​IMG]

Epic series!
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I set a stock car up for road. Very fun to drive indeed.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool. We can add that to the options for a monthly league meet :D
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

That skippy practice session last night was a lot of fun, finally feel like I can make a few laps without it turning on me. I think i used to carry to much brake on turn in (I think they call that trail braking) That was making me spin on entry all the time, I used to drive the OTM like that.

Ended up winning the race I joined after I left. I still spun about 4-5 times but I had a 50 second lead so I was sorta trying to hot lap.
  18. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Without seeing your peddle inputs, Paul, I can't be sure, but I'm not convinced that the brake is your problem. The Skip generally behaves quite nicely with some (or even a lot) of brake input with turn-in. If I was a betting person, I'd say try a little MORE gas, not LESS brake, mate (I'm assuming you left-foot brake!?). Also, something else to consider in your brake-bias.

In the Skippy, spinning at corner entry or mid-turn can very often be caused by excessive engine braking. If the Skip is throwing it's tail out, the first thing to do is to consider your brake-bias. Raising this value can take some of the braking-load off engine, stop the rear wheels from locking, and thereby reduce the potential for a loss of traction (spin). I usually run between 52 and 54 BB depending on the braking needs of a particular track ... lots of faster blokes run less (their throttle-braking technique employs even more gas than I currently use - see below). Some people run very nicely anywhere in the 56 - 58 BB range, and perhaps you might want to test something similar.

Then there's the gas input. You can induce even more stability if you add an appropriate amount of gas while braking. This can have a significant effect of re-balancing the car, as it puts some load back onto the rear (coz the front of the car has dipped on braking). When you get this technique right (I'm still learning to do it properly), you'll be amazed how soon you can come OFF the brakes because the car is balanced (we often brake much more than we need because we lack turning grip, which can be because there's not enough weight/load through the back wheels). Getting off the brakes means you are on the gas, and that's the name o' the game!

Oh ... and the other thing might be what you are doing AFTER your trail braking. Even if you aren't throttle-braking, you still need a small percentage of gas applied before you get off the anchors completely. The Skip hates zero-input on cornering and doesn't coast in a stable way once the car has some turning forces acting on it ... there's just too much weight in the ass, and she's prone to going round.

Check out this link on the Skippy forum, if you havent already ... it's a great guide

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1812468.page

:) ps. congrats on the win, mate

[sub]Disclaimer: I'm no Skippy expert, these are just some personal observations. No animals were harmed in the writing of this post.[/sub]
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Between us we're doing something right in the skippy.
    Filtering Season 3* world records for Australia, 5 of the top 10 times at Watkins - Classic Boot are ROOZ members!

There's about 90 times posted for Aus. Admittedly the tracks only been up a few days but on the other hand I've only done two prac sessions, the second of which was rather brief, and like Mad (#1 time in Aus ;)) got my best time to date in the first session.... wish I went and did a quali after that ....

We're 5 of the top 15 in Region 1 - 184 times posted, and spread out across the top 50 for all regions. Awesome effort guys!

[sub]*Filtering S3 essential or you're comparing to times on the old tyre model, probably unachievable on the NTM.[/sub]

[sub]don't you just love iRacing stats surfing ;)[/sub]
  20. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'm so close to getting into this it's not funny, once I've got this new wheel goin I think I may have to take the plunge, how much is the monthly subscription fee? (I can't access the iRacing site from work).