IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Mmmm I just bought Mosport the other day I suppose I should give it a crack.

But, I was really enjoying Laguna Seca in the Spec, I think the Mustang could be great there too. I already have a good feel for that track now.

Ooh and finally something different I can do for oval; Street Stocks at Charlotte
    (sick of the two rookie legends tracks, plus they're a bit small and tight for passing in the street stock)

Ah sweet rookie promotion day must have just been. I'm Class D for oval now.
    I'll have to get my donut glitch on hehe cheers for the tips :p
  2. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Very nice :cool:
    I have to find a way to stop drifting here, there, and everywhere else, or my boots will be shot in 3 laps ... so I'm nervous too :/
    Y're just a show-pony, Numan! ;)
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe nice Beau. Reminds me of our practise session at Watkins!
    That a custom skin with a ferarri team theme? Looks good. I wonder how the classic lotus theme would look on the skip?
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    yep thats the ferrari one i've been working on. I have seen some lotus skins, they look good.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Heads up. Rob Racer changed his name --- Rob D Harris. :lol:
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    hmmm, maybe if I change my name I'll go faster......:|
  8. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I don't see how changing from "Racer" to "Harris" will get it done ... the other way, works ... think of Lightning McQueen ... so I bet Rob will be a tonne slower, poor bloke ;)

What name were you thinking, Beau ... Beau Laser ... Beau Ramjet ... I hear Beau (Bo) Peep rounds up sheep pretty dang fast :D
  9. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    lol
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I'm pretty sure Beau had his eye on Beau Lightyear - to infinity.. AND BEYOND! :lol:
  11. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Heehee ... T2 as Mosport is to spin-finity.. AND BEYOND! ;)
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Daag naabbit! 3 out of 3 street stock races I've been taken out by people on the inside who can't hold their line! :mad:
    1 was a complete wreck and actually the result of an incident in front of me. The other 2 resulting in multiple spins leaving me with only minor panel damage but half a lap down, whilst the guilty party gets away scott-free! WTF you bastard you could at least spin too!

Pretty boring race once you've been taken out and lost the pack. I had good pace too, qualifying 2nd for 2 of those races. I guess it's slightly my rookie error for giving them an ounce of space to get up the inside in the first place.... :/

Well, good thing I'm noot too fussed about the Oval ratings, 'cause I had handed over a bunch of oval irating there. I'll try and get some back tomorrow :p
  13. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    DO NOT RACE STREET STOCKS! and expect to not get taken out!

Rookies cannot drive big heavy cars on short tracks, it's a recipe for disaster. Just with oval, you get taken out a lot. It's similar to real life I suppose, even when you get to the NASCAR's in iRacing you will still get taken out often (not as much on the speedways but on short tracks definitely).

For me I got my oval license to A Class now I just race whenever I feel like it and race to win, not to gain SR and iR.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haha yea I know...It was still fun and I just thought 3/3 in a row was particularly bad luck. Might go back to the Legends before trying Street Stock again :p

Edit - BTW these Street Stock races were at Charlotte, not so short.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I finally got around to trying the Soltice...... [insert boo's and jeers]
    But I actually thought it was quite fun! Around Lime Rock chicane it was a drift beast.

I did a quali time which turned out to be pretty high in the World Records. (#2 all years, #1 for 2011 :D)
    I joined a race and was 1st on the grid even against the Spec racers in the field. Unfortunately the race didn't go official so I bailed. Pity the track changes today, I was looking forward to beating some spec racers in the Soltice :p
  16. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I did a Solstice race once ... or rather, I managed to pick my Solstice instead of my SRF and headed to the track, having never turned a lap in it ... I bailed too, funnily enough ;)

Seems like you might be onto something though, if you're that quick ..! With only freebie tracks in the rookie series, you could easily throw a Solstice season together while running something else ... sounds like you could make a run in the championship, Stato :cool:
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Anyone ever used the Centripetal Circuit? - basically just a massive circular skid pad with lane marking, recommended for tuning... I'm thinking drift practise! :D
  18. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    yes!
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Was it worthwhile for tuning or was it just a fun skids session?
  20. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Drift practice, stuff using it to set the car up. Honestly, you try and drift the whole circuit within a lane of your choice. It's bloody hard!