IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Out of interest, how long is the Porsche race (in minutes) and what time does it normally start?
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    40 minutes practise, 20 minutes Qualifying, 10 minutes break inbetween, 40ish minute race with one pitstop. Practise starts at 6, race at 7:10 aest.
    #QuickReplyTime
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Also out of interest, are there races like the Porsche one in ya vid, on every night.
    Say starting between 5 & 7pm work nights
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  4. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    The one in Beau's video is a special hosted series called the EMR Porsche Supercup which is a support race to the V8 premiere series and only runs every 3-4 weeks or so.

But the official iracing races run every 2 hours for most series for close to an hour (qualifying plus ~30-45min race depending on the series) - so there should pretty much always be something of interest that runs during whatever time you can get on.
    Beau_Albert and arakasi- like this.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

There is Porsche races on around that time, but the one in beaus video thats a support category for the V8 Supercars online premier series, which runs anywhere from 1 to 5 weeks apart on a Sunday.

Basically what he said ^^^^
    Beau_Albert and arakasi- like this.
  6. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Sweet.
    Might have to have a look into this further, as the start times suit me, and am keen as on the 'Dirt' series too. Plus I hear GTS is dropping NASCAR as well.
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I might not race for RACEONOZ anymore, but that doesn't mean i won't help the team out. After a hard straight of Battling door panel to door panel with @Benjamin J Smith i decided to give him a lift home :) My good deed for the day done!
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Tonight is the Opening Round of the Porsche Carrera Cup Australia Championship at the ultra high speed Phillip Island GP Circuit. It's round one so expect to see drivers pushing that extra bit harder tonight as everyone hopes to kick start the new season in the best possible way!

Tonight features:
    Myself and @R0T0R-AU86 representing Evolution Racing Team Hornets.
    @vh_mik representing the iRaceonoz Team
    and finally @Konnor McCluskey representing Progression Racing Australia.
    Good luck lads!
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well in that case, best of luck @vh_mik. Rooz represent!!!

Just kidding, good luck to all Raceonoz members racing tonight. Even if they are driving for another team....:cautious:
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Race Report:
    Beau: A fantastic start on an unfavourable circuit for myself, leaping from 10th to 6th in 2 corners set me up for a great result. A slight glitch under Safety Car caused myself to fall to 7th, eventually becoming 8th after giving way to my quicker teammate.
    Scott: The highest qualifying ROOZ member was unable to capitalize and was involved in one of the biggest incidents in Broadcasted Carrera Cup history, sending Scott rolling into a disappointing end to a very promising weekend. Ran around the back after lengthy repairs to consolidate 33rd position.
    Ben: Ben was a late, unexpected entrant and did very well considering. Qualifying within 1.5 of the leaders in a new car to him, he managed to keep himself somewhat out of trouble and moved up 4 places to record a 19th place finish.
    Konnor: Konnor had a difficult race in a car he has been known to struggle in. The highlight certainly being a strong 19th in Qualifying, just 4 tenths outside the Top 10
    [​IMG]
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Tomorrow night will be one of the biggest solo races i've taken part in yet, and i can already feel the nerves starting...
    The Official iRacing VLN series will be kicking off at Midnight tomorrow and as Qualifying wraps up in just 15 hours time, i have provisionally qualified for the Top Split which is broadcast on the Official iRacing website and YouTube Channel. This series is definitely the home to many Nurburgring Nordschelife fanatics like myself, so it is going to be quite a mission to get a Top 10 race result, but that is my goal for tomorrow :)

Livestream:

Current Qualifying results for my class:
    [​IMG]
  12. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Well said Tim !!!!!!!!
    There is a word for them . :speechless:
    t_b_williams likes this.
  13. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Good luck Beau. Most of all hope you have a nice clean race and don't incur damage through no fault of your own. Geez it must be pretty intense stuff and I can't wait to get back into iRacing oner day. It's only going to get so much better in the not to distant future due to healthy competition putting more pressure on iRacing to up their game. :thumbsup:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Thanks mate, definitely looking forward to it as i'm now confirmed to be racing with the best in the world on my favourite track! :D
    Not sure how long ago you were on iRacing, but in the last 9 months or so it has made some pretty huge leaps forward so if you've been off for a year or so, it's definitely worth a shot now if you've got the funds. We also have Australian Servers back so netcode and connections are much better than they were before i joined.
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    This weekend just past i made my debut in the largest International SimRacing Championship held exclusively on the Nurburgring Nordschelife, the iRacing VLN Series. A fantastic opening 3 hours left me fighting for fourth in class, but sadly a mishap with a Slower category car meant i would end my debut in 8th, but still achieving my goal of Top 10 :D
    Here are all the major highlights of my race from the livestream if anyone is interested
    arakasi- likes this.
  16. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Hey Beau, yeah have watched quite a few Youtube videos based on what you said. Being able to just jump in with quality opponents with the incentive to race fast but cleanly really does put it in its own league. Though just have to wait until I get some pedals. Thinking the V3's or inverted. The problem with the V3's inverted is that it's impossible to buy them when the Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Pro are about $200AUD more, delivered to Aus

So that means 1.2K. So makes the basic Fanatec's quite attractive. Especially as they should still have relatively good resell.

And yeah proabably should just race with my T3PA's, but honestly I'm too competitive and not being able to modulate the braking properly in say the Skip Barber and RUF's would really annoy me losing all that time under brakes. With that said, what pedals are you running mate?

For me a basic wheel and sim rig is fine, but the pedals I feel need to be half decent with iRacing.

That said Assetto on the PS4 is pretty good for now, but at least my Macbook is capable or running iRacing (have the 2016 15" with the 460GPU), well enough to hook it up to the TV

Beau, how long did it take for you to build up your iRating? And any advice regarding that or safety rating? :) Geez as I'm typing this I am reminded about how.. at the end of the day.. iRacing is light years ahead with the way things run. Especially if you want to take it seriously.

Damn I'm conflicted haha. I live with my brother and he has just finished his degree and is finally all about getting back into Sim Racing and any time I mention anything other than iRacing, he's not interested haha. He knows that's where it's at. He's quick too actually, but hasn't done it since he was still in school (good old Race On). But nice to have him in for a few reasons, but mostly, he's been talking about getting his own rig, and that would be pretty sweet racing my little bro in something like iRacing.

Anyway that's enough from me. Bloody well done on finishing in the 10. Great highlights. To race at that level where the guys are pro and basically at the maximum all the time would be incredible. And of course knowing these guys are genuinely at the highest level, and that's verified, would make for a pretty fuzzy feeling no doubt. I bet you had some nerves just before the race haha. ;)
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yep, the fact that you can rock up to a "Public Lobby" race so to say and have brilliant, on the limit clean racing is epic and probably the biggest factor in why i made the switch!
    I'm currently running Thrustmaster T3PA Pro's with the largest load cell, however am in the same boat as you and considering a switch down the line to Heuskinveld's. They are crazy fantastic quality so are a little hard to look past!
    I've been one of the crazier iRating drivers, in just 3.5 month's i've hit 4.4k iRating, and still climbing, but it all depends on how much racing you do a week and what kind of competition you're against. If you do races in the afternoon, you might get some okay races with 'some' quick guys, but if you race a bit closer to nightime and beyond, you will get paired up with some freaks against nature, which if you beat them will send your iRating through the roof.
    As for Safety Rating, honestly, just race clean. Nothing else to it. No magic secret to it :)
    Thanks for the words about the VLN3 though! Definitely a hard race when most of those guys hold a Pro License which is something many of us can only dream about :)
    All the best mate, and hope to see you on iRacing soon!
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    jc1186 likes this.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    uhh but they don't have a load cell lmao
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

But you can buy load cells to suit
  20. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional