IRACING IRacing Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    yea this was touched on a while ago.

Zero damping in the logitech settings is critical, although I use some in-game damping for a more familiar wheel weight.

Here's my logitech and iRacing settings for a G25
    The in game settings are tweaked slightly from this now, 25 FFB I think.

Also I was going to investigate Port Forwarding to improve my ping slightly.
    Found these reference links so far;
    http://portforward.com/ (also has info specific for many games including BF3 on PS3)
    iRacing Ports

Here's a fix for a graphics issue I had - here
  3. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Thanks Koastr I forgot about the portforward comment I made, in fact I don't think I have set mine up yet for iRacing. At the very least it can't hurt.
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hey Outta. My Throttle throw mod for the Clubsport pedals worked a treat. Now I have about 34-40% less throttle throw, without losing the sensor signal every time I restart my pc.

Not sure what your like on the tools, but If you're capable, you should give this a go. There's nothing to lose. I was going to take some photos along the way, so I could do a "how to" write up. But I didn't bother.
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[img=folder]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3609/screenshothorzonini.jpg[/img]

Got to try these setting some time just to see how different you can make it feel.
    Standard is =0.000000 just change the number to the desired level and close to save file.

Driver HeadHorizon= Add 1 (1.000000) for max effect and .5(0.500000) for half, gives side to side movement effect
    Driver HeadNoPitch= Add 1 (1.000000) for max effect and .5(0.500000) for half, gives a feeling of hight, can't believe the difference in this one, turns a hill into a mountain. Coming up the hill at Watkins Glen feels like you are going up Bathurst.
    Driver RotateHead= Add 1 (1.000000) for max effect and .5(0.500000) for half, i tried it anmd some say it can help indicate a slide coming but i had trouble with it set too .300000.

These settings feel good in the v8 and i wasnt off pace (my slow pace that is) at Watkins actually faster going up the hill.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    http://www.nessoft.com/ispeed/ Free and simplified telemetry analysis. Compare laps, braking points, cornering speed with others to find extra time.

Personally haven't tried it yet but might look at it soon.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Dusty just pointed out that fuel consumption is modelled on throttle percentage alone (not revs), so short shifting will not save fuel! But lifting early into braking zones will.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Stat Monkey

Good for figuring out which time slots are popular SoF races
    Posted a couple of times in other threads now. I thought it would be handy to have here.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    to type a private message to a person in server chat is as follows "/[car #] [enter message]"
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks Koastr, i tried it last night and left out the /, got a few giggles from the room, old fart trying new things. I thought this be good for talking to Neishy, as his team speak likes to disconnect him a bit. So it would look exactly like this then?, /[64] [you quick bonus, not] so there is a space between the number and message?
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Exactly like like that Bonus :) I don't play iR yet but know old-school IRC/BB stuff ;)
  14. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    A private message is done like this. For example, to message me.... /77 You suck.

As Richard so elegantly put it last night. :)
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I'll probably give iracing another crack sometime soon, problem is every time i renew for a month or so I do one or two races then dont touch it again for months. Probably cause I hit my level of "decidedley* average" and its hard to take the next step to "pretty darn good" "alien status" is uncomphrehensible.

Story of my life "Jack of all trades", "King of none" :p

EDIT BONUS your sig is pretty sexy mate.........I like it!
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  18. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

So I spent some time setting up my wheel last night and came across this post, which apparently is an updated version of what Bones posted in the original post.
    http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2023748.page

After setting my damper to 0%, a few other tweeks and recalibrating my wheel, I have so much more feel. Like night and day it is much better.
  19. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Will try that when I get home!
  20. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

here's a list of basic replay keyboard commands so as not to need the GUI overlay. i find them handy when making vids of races.

b cycle through the replay cameras
    1 end of tape
    shift-1 previous lap
    shift-3 next lap
    4 single step rewind
    shift-4 rewind
    ctrl-4 start of race
    5 play/pause
    6 single step advance
    shift-6 fast forward
    7 start of tape
    8 cycle slow play
    del stop tape
    v - view next car ( up 1 position )
    shift-v - view next car ( down 1 position )

to actually modify a camera's settings, or create/delete cameras press ctrl-F12. this brings up a camera configuration overlay, which initially shows the settings for the currently selected camera.
    click on the CONFIG tab at the bottom to see the the keyboard short-cuts for camera manipulation.