Italian GP Re-run?

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Should the race at Monza be re run?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2017.
  1. Yes

46.7%
  2. No

53.3%
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I've received several complaints about the events surrounding the race and some have asked for a re run of the race. Broken safety cars, several stupid incidents and more, I'm putting it to you guys. The poll will be open for 3 days. Votes are open ONLY to those who raced.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    What's happened has happened and I'm sure everyone had a bad race but the full race distance was completed (without major game or lobby issues, which is the only reason I can see for triggering a re run) so i dont think theres reason to re do the race... let's keep moving and onto singapore imo
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    To say no lobby issues when weve heard multiple reports of random :):):):) happening is pretty naive. If we think that the farce that happened last night is worth scoring points on, be my guest.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Everyone had a different race.
    For me, I had some incidents but stuck it out and came home with ZERO cut penalties and a handy second place.

Seems like some people had some issues whereby the normal procedure would be a protest... and others binned it for whatever reason.
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I said major issues, meaning those that would warrant a race being black flagged or restarted... not bugs and penalties which we've had in multiple other races. Seeing get as though the race wasn't restarted on sight and the full distance completed then clearly nothing 'major' happened - from my perspective anyway
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Should votes from drivers who:
    -DNF'd through their own mistake or mechanical issue
    -DSC
    -DNS
    be counted?
    The_Spectre and Zachery like this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah nah if that stuff happened in a real race. It woulda been black flagged. Im sorry but that lobby was atrocious. And it was my lobby. Apologies

I just want to race without dealing with crap nearly every round eh
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I agree with what your saying. If you didnt start, no vote. If you KO'd yourself without it being some messed up thing with the lobby, then also no.

EDIT: In all honesty, i dont really care. but that race was a joke. and no, results arent my problem. as ive said many times before, i just want a race without chaos. if thats too much to ask for, maybe im in the wrong place.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Obviously i voted yes for this however this is the problem, It would be unfair to anyone who finished decently. Warrior, Pringles and Hatfield to lose their well earned finishing positions due to some of the top guys having difficult races, It's sometimes the way it goes. Whilst i voted for yes because i got unfairly taken out of contention i think it's best to move on and go to Singapore.
    However the room definitely had issues last night, I had minor lag and on Warriors POV the first lap i was lagging all over the place. It wasn't anything like Spa was however it was still noticeable.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    after some considerable thinking. i reckon im in the same boat. i voted yes due to a bunch of different crap. but to take the win from warrior, and podiums from the others would be harsh.
    Motors560, JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Exactly, And to crunch some numbers. Warrior is the 10th different winner in 14 races and also the 8th different winner in the past 8 races. That right there shows how competitive this series is. But maybe some changes are needed to allow close battling without the fear of being crashed into and losing a wheel. And also it is the first podium for both Pringles and Hatfield it just wouldn't be fair to them to take it away from them.
    JonoStan96, Hatfield and Zachery like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Drivers who did not race are unable to vote.
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm formally changing my vote to a no
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    as am i
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That would make it an unassailable majority vote as Benny's does not count.
    Zachery likes this.
  16. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Indeed it will. No re run

/Close Thread.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Even though its confirmed now, i'll also go to a no after sleeping on it. P***ed off as heck is an understatement with last nights poor quality but i'll be back. Not got long left on the console so may as well make the most of it.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Atta boy!
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I'll happily say no because 1 less chance for me to get rear ended lol, but as long as when people have a stuff up and stay in the lobby, because when you leave a stupid 15 minute safety cars happen for no reason.
    Zachery likes this.