Join the team at Raceonoz

Discussion in 'RaceOnOZ Aussie iRacing Team' started by Giant slayer, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    [​IMG]

If you're interested in joining the team here at Raceonoz on iracing or if you just need information about iracing please feel free to message or tag myself @gaintsalyer Benjamin j Smith @Benjamin J Smith Matt Allison @zuluwoffle and Daniel Gow @GOWIE22 and we will try to help you out with all your iracing needs.
    [​IMG]
    The Raceonoz iracing team take part in many different series in iracing from NASCAR, GT's, Prototype, sprint cars, and of course V8 Supercars from the V8 Supercar Online Premier Series. to the World Of Outlaws Craftsman Sprintcar series plus many more and that not even including the iracing official series such as Blancpain GT World Championship Series, IMSA Sports Car Series, VLN Endurance Championship and the iracing official Endurance and Special Events.
    [​IMG]
    So if you want to experience the most authentic online racing experience and race against some real big name drivers from around the world such as Rubens Barrichello, Valtteri Bottas, Will Power, Sebastian Saavedra, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Tony Stewart, Lucas di Grassi, Christopher Haase, Sebastien Loeb, Matt Campbell, Shane Van Gisbergen, Scott McLaughlin, Lee Holdsworth, Fabian Coulthard just to name drop a few so come over and see what all the fuss about............it's easier then you think.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2019
  2. Stiffy

Stiffy New Recruit

Interested :)
  3. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    What area of iracing you interested in @Stiffy
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi there... I'm interested, but every time I've tried to give it a go I've given it away in disgust as it's really not intuitive to a noob... I'm part of the AC group here at rooz. Keen on any circuit type of racing... no oval or dirt stuff.
    Would need to build my license up first so need some help to do this efficiently... :)
    Giant slayer likes this.
  5. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Hi Rolz
    If your interested in join us over on iracing you can join us on discord and we can help you get settled in as iracing is quite different to any thing even i have played before. We are on most nights so just jump in and say G'day.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Stiffy

Stiffy New Recruit

More Endurance series, V8 or onroad, used to race DTM (Europe) GT series that's more my isle :)
    Giant slayer likes this.
  7. Rolz

ok getting the hang of the licenses and all the other stuff...
    Rookie to D, I have to do 2 races or 4 time trials. D to C, I have to do 4 racers or 4 time-trials...
    I did 10 laps (clean) on the Time-Trial and exited out but it didn't seem to count... said I had to do a minimum of 8 clean laps... I'm guessing that I need to hang around for a full 30 min to make that count...
    Fortunately that was just in time for a race, 11 starters, qualified 2nd finished 2nd, could probably have done better but was just focused on no bumping/rubbing or going off the track... so the journey begins... :)
    spita84, Anthonyb and GOWIE22 like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Nope, you're allowed to exit the session early, but your laps have to be consecutive... so that would be 8 clean laps in a row, and then it takes your average laptime. I've made that mistake too, no drama :)
    Stiffy and Rolz like this.
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    You also need to satisfy the Safety Rating requirements as well as meet the MPR (minimum participation requirements) for licence progression - it'll generally take longer to get your SR requirement than meet the MPR

To get from Rookie to D, you need to do 2 races (or 4 TTs) AND get your SR to above 3.0 (you'll get an instant D licence promotion)

To get from D to C, you need 4 races (or 4 TTs) AND either SR to 4.0 (for an instant C licence promotion) or keep it above 3.0 at the end of the season to get a promotion heading into the next season.

Clean races are the best way to gain SR, you can gain SR in time trials but the rate you earn it is much much much slower... SR is also not affected by your results (i.e. you can finish last but gain max SR for the race), only the amount of incident points you get.

iRating is what gets impacted by your race results, but on a rookie licence you don't have an irating yet - it wont become visible until you get to D.
    Rolz likes this.
  10. Rolz

yeah I did 10 laps in time-trial but got nothing... laps were consecutive, I guess you have to have other ppl taking part... if not then unsure why they didn't add up.
    My first foray into iracing was at the beginning of the year and I didn't have a clean race (now I know), so my initial racing got dropped... so now I'm a little higher that what you get initially... so will just continue to do laps, stay on the track and avoid incidents...
    Will be back when I'm at rating to join into rooz events. thnx
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    There's no need to wait, best way to get up to speed is to jump in discord and ask questions. We can help give you some direction on what you need do to, to get to the series you want to run in V8s, GT3s, Porsche Cup etc...
    Rolz likes this.
  12. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    just remember though, try and not have every race with zero incidents. i did that all the way to an A license and now i lose a tonne of SR even if i only get a 3x during an 1hr 15min race (ie i lost 1.60 in a day for only having an 11x in 2 races whilst others only lose .20 for the same amount of incidents)

Also you have to do 8 consecutive laps IN a 30min period, so you have to finish the 30min for the SR to count (and i think from memory you only gain .05)
    Rolz likes this.
  13. Rolz

cheers guys... until I'm at least C grade I'm of no use to rooz iracing... I have 1400hrs on AC so the driving is no issue, it's just the slog of getting to the right license class now... :)
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Do clean races. Time trials gain you little to nothing, do races with no incidents, 1 incident aka off track in Time trial can ruin everything.
    Rolz likes this.
  15. Rolz

Just got my D license tonight and my first win, stoked... now onto getting C :D:thumbsup:
  16. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    is ROOZ running an FR2.0 team??
  17. Rolz

Hi all, is there somewhere I can read up about SR rating and how it's calculated?
    The reason I ask is that my last race I got spun before the start, we were doing a rolling start at spa and a numpty collected me... I was furious, but been racing long enough to not rage quit... so from being in the middle of the pack I was last... just continued on, kissed the line a few times to be deemed off track... caught the numpty who spun me and passed him, he proceeded to tap me a few more times and I can see the hit notification coming up about it and was thinking great... my SR is gonna go seriously backwards... anyway finish the 40min race 3rd in class 9th overall, with 15 starters and check SR and I've gone from 2.99 to 3.55!! I seriously thought I would have lost shedloads... so would love some info on how that all works... thanks!

Also what is FR2.0? :)
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    The actual formula is unknown, but its something to do with the amount of incident points you get and the amount of clean corners you take during the race (which is why SR gains are higher at Nordschliefe than anywhere else).

What you've seen there is the bonus 0.40 you get when you cross a whole number - so you probably would have gained 0.16 for the race even with a couple of taps (at lower licence tiers a few taps wont cost you much), plus the 0.4 bonus for getting to 3.0 - which gives you 0.56 total
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

Cool! Thnx for that! Makes sense I guess :D
    The_Spectre likes this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

No but we do have drivers running GT3, IMSA, V8 Supercars, Porsche and Dirt Sprintcars