GT5 Labour Day Double Header With Super Touring Cars

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Aug 20, 2013.

1. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    I think it's about .5 seconds off to be honest. I like driving it much more then the TC but ultimately the TC is quicker. With draft it helps it to stay competitive buy you're still on the back foot.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    what other cars you got?
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I can gift the evo rally car if it helps.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That'd be great mate!
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    will get onto it soon. Can I put you down for the Race of Champions?
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, though I'm sure I'll come last! XD Thanks.
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Car has been sent. not sure if it had been run in though??????
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks, I'll chuck it in a B Spec Enduro if need be.
  9. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Sorry guys internet very slow & i think i was lagging so bad on my monitor? was in lead for 1/2 the lap:cool: then got hit down
    back straight did not stop spinning a round till S/Bend :eek:so got out of room reset modem & cleared cache
    restarted ps3 i dun all this before i started the race? :confused:i think it was just slow internet on my side
    race 2 went ok i think just my bad driving:) so hope i did not put to many of you guys off in race 1
    Cheers BJ
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I didn't notice any probs at my end BJ, had a couple of spike hits but not from you, I got slammed into the pit wall just as I was settling into a great battle on lap 10 race 2, very disappointing. I made too many small errors early in each race so dropped back from the lead pack. I managed to catch and battle with TTR and Daylightdrifter in race one and was having a great battle with N64 and TB in race two. I had another battle with N64 when he waited for me and you almost got onto the back of it at the end. I enjoyed the racing though and managed to knock about 8/10ths of my best time in race two.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'd be rapt if the guys from last night joined me for the German on the mount on the 16th.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  12. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Was making a bit of time on you guys well you were fighting with each other then got time penalty
    with 1 or 2 laps to go but good to finish race with no internet prob
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    anyone have the replay of race two, n64 made a new race before i was able to save so I can't pic the results.

Race 1:
    [​IMG]

Report race 1:

Mustafur, Prodrive Impreza WRC: Started 2nd Finished 1st: Had a good start off the line, and managed to break the pack early as S_Close and Tek had a battle for the first half of the lap, which allowed me to break well clear of the draft and keep ahead, the battle with Close and rotor insured i was able to keep the gap and or increase it, but When S close had a few laps of free air he had the pace to real me in slightly, either way pretty straight forward victory thanks to the battle behind.

X4rotorsploxX, Subaru Impreza TC: Started 10th Finished 2nd: Had an Epic Alonso like start in the first half of the lap and was able to go from 10th to 3rd by the time he reached the warn-steiner Kurve, and from there on was in a Epic Battle with S_Close, TekNique was able to catch up a bit from this and later on grinder too, just got 2nd ahead of Grinderman after a side by side finish.

S_Close, Subaru Impreza TC: Started 1st Finished 3rd: Had a brilliant lap in Qualifying which was out of reach from everyone else, had an average start as he got jumped my mustafur on turn one then was compromised for the next 4 corners with Tek being on the inside which allowed Mustafur to break free, had the pace to catch mustafur but not when there other cars battling with him for position, by the end of the lap it was a straight fight for the next 14 laps with rotor and it allowed mustafur to take off the the pack of Grinder and Tek to catch up, the last two laps where a four way fight for 2nd and just got edged out my grinder on the last corner however the move was deemed illegal and Close was awarded 3rd.

Grinderman72, Subaru Impreza TC: Started 9th Finished 4th: Pretty uneventful first half as he had a few battle with the back pack, but slowly edged towards the front, by lap 10 he had passed TB and Tek and was rapidly gaining on the battle for 2nd place with Rotor and close, Tek was able to stay with grinder tagging along for the ride, by lap 15 it was a 4way battle for 2nd and on the last corner managed to get a good run to try get rotor, controversially he was incapatable with S_close so he drove right through him and snatched the place that way, he finished 3rd but was awared 4th as there is no way he would of got 3rd without going through S_Close(even though it wasn't grinders fault it happened so the penalty was a simple swap).

TekNiqueAU, HKS CT230R : Started 5th Finished 5th: Had a very good start and was able to battle Close for 2nd of the first half of the lap then went wide on turn 9 and allowed Rotor to get by which then put him by himself for a few laps didn't quite have the pace of the Imprezas and was only able to stay right behind the battle of Close and Rotor sometimes getting involved, did have the pace to stay clear of TB though so was in prime position to deal with any mistakes from ahead, as the race went on grinder was moving up with the Faster Impreza and Tek managed to stay with him which allowed him to catch back up to the battle for 2nd, didn't have the speed to battle ahead so managed to finish 5th

T_b_williams, Alfa Romeo 155: Started 3rd Finished 6th: Had a good start off the line but had no where to go, then had a half spin off the entry for the first corner and lost a handful of positions and finished the lap behind emmo, inherited 5th after emmo made a mistake and was staying close but not catching Tek, for the next 5 laps that was the scenario until he started to catch him then by lap 8 it was a 3 way battle for 4th, in lap 9 he made a mistake and went wide getting a penalty and lost the battle and from there on he cruised to a lonely 6th, a few mistakes here and there stopped him from catching the pack again.

Emmo46, Alfa Romeo 155: Started 6th Finished 7th: got ahead of the slow starting RWD BMW on the line and capitalized on TBs mistake on T1 to be 4th by turn 2, nudge from tek battling for 3rd also spun him and was able to hold onto 4th, next two laps was able to tag along with Tek with TB close behind in the other Alfa went wide on turn 10 got a penalty then lost control of the car on the Warnsteiner Kurve and shot to last position, from there on it was a slow rebuild of the race catching up to N64 in the uncompetitive Lancer and passing him on lap 5 after a mistake from him, started to catch Joe in the HKS and managed to get ahead by lap 8 from there on he started to set his sights on daylightdrifter in the BMW and by lap 13 was able to get ahead and thats where he finished in 7th, better result could of been possible if not for the big spin on lap 3.

Daylightdrifter, BMW 320I: Started 4th Finished 8th: Slow start off the line as the car was the only Non AWD on the grid, and was 7th by T2, had a good battle with TB for the first lap untill a mistake sent him back to 10th from there on it was a steady race till the end with it being one of the more uncompetitive cars only N64s lancer was slower and wasn't able to hold off the fast charging emmo in the alfa in the last laps and finished 8th.

TTR_Joe90, HKS CT230R: Started 7th Finished 9th: Got heavily involved in BJs lag at the start and left T1 in 10th place, right behind Bj, lost at the back of the grid on the first lap with N64 and grinder getting past on the last corner and daylight getting past a few laps later, then some more mistakes kept him in 8th till lap 8, when emmo started to come through after the big mistake on lap 3, had another mistake on lap 11 and left him well behind emmo and cruised to a very lonely 9th.

N64TheStig007, Mitusbishi Lancer WRC Started 11th Finished 10th (DNF): decent start off the line and almost pulled off a huge overtake on T1 but managed to get to 8th, got hit by bj on turn 4 and then sent him back to 10th, a really good run off the last chicane allowed him to go in the middle of Joe and daylight for a double overtake to get to 7th, from there he slowly went back as he got a penalty on corner 10 and was 9th till lap 5 when emmo got past which he stayed until lap 8 when he retired from driver failure:)P)

bjh1012, Prodrive Impreza WRC Started 8th Finished 11th (DNF): Very laggy connection caused havoc on the first lap, taking out joe on the run down to T1, and then taking out N64 at T4, spun on the back stright Disconnected lap 2, which is unfortunate as the car was good and had the pace to be close to the front, if no Internet issues prevailed.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver failure LMFAO!!! XD
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    Race 2  16 Laps
    Pos..Driver..............................Gap.............F/Lap
    1.  Grinderman.........................................1:33.440 ** F/L
    2.  Mustafur........................+00.586............1:33.387
    3.  TekNique........................+03.730............1:33.869
    4.  S_CLOSE.........................+07.540............1:33.759
    5.  T_B_Williams....................+15.496............1:34.262
    6.  Daylightdrifter.................+16.209............1:33.786
    7.  Emmo46..........................+48.035............1:33.880
    8.  bjh1012.........................+53.816............1:35.992
    9.  N64TheStig007...................+54.040............1:34.692
    10. XrotorploxX....................+ 1 Lap.............1:33.386

16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ok time for the Overall results:
    1st: Mustafur 43pts
    2nd: Grinderman 37pts
    3rd: S_Close 27pts
    4th: TeKnique 25Pts
    5th: X4RotorsploxX 19pts
    6th: T_B_Williams 18pts
    7th: Daylightdrifter 12 pts
    8th: Emmo46 12pts(lost to daylight via qualifying)
    9th:N64TheStig007 3pts
    10th: TT-R Joe 2 pts
    11th: Bjh1012 2 pts(Lost to joe via qualifying).

And the winner of punching above thier weight award goes to: S_ Close

(Its up to TB if he wants to include both these awards or just the overall for the race of champions).
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Starting fresh Mustafur so these results would have qualified for the last abandoned R.O.C.

Will include the winner and runner up from your V8 Supercar race.