Logitech Logitech G29 - First Impressions and Review.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by JonoStan96, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Too rough sounds a bit far fetched. I don't use my the often, generally only the Sunday night league races and various other weekly community events, so I doubt it would be "too rough".

As for resetting, I guess it's possible, however mid race it would have cost me more by resetting my wheel than just dealing with it
    beakeroo likes this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Well I reckon I'm not rough with my wheels but you only have my word on that. Then again my second wheel was stuffed straight out of the box and I remember someone else (was it Ragoo?) having their first wheel with the same share/option/PS button activating problem within the first few days.
    I understand that you are having no issues with your wheel mate but these things definitely do have issues and it's not like we're kicking the things to get some more speed out of them (tried it, doesn't help)
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    No, Sorry, wasn't saying you WERE being too rough, just it seems so weird that alot are having issues yet mines been going so well. I've seen how some treat their wheels in the past, so was always an option. Sorry if i sounded judgemental. My first wheel years ago may have been dropkicked after FFB cut out half way through Brands Hatch in my 2nd season of ROOZ, so i'm no saint :p
    Logitech are normally known for their outright reliability being more than rocksolid, so just a wonder why this one has fallen apart to me
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My G27 is wobbling about like it's got a soft spring rate, it's strange as it was like that since I can remember and driving on Mint's G27 was a wake up call. I hope there isn't a problem like that with the G29. But yes generally if you're rough with it, and smashing the paddles, damage is inevitable.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yeah funny thing is I only used the paddles in menu screens as I had the shifter. I only realised in tuning screen of PCars, then tested it in race after.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah that's definitely a manufacturing fault lol.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    You'd think when they made the g27 look prettier (g29) they would fricken bring the reliability with the thing hey
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  8. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Had same shifter up issues last night and once I realised I had no chance of getting a decent result last night, I did what @Beau_Albert suggested by changing channels between ps4 and PS3 to reset the wheel. Seemed to work alright for all of 3 shifts. Logitech will be receiving a very angry email/message from me tonight
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    And I'm sure Logitech will read every word lmao
  10. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I'll really just be asking for a new wheel, or that they fix my current one. It's under warranty, they have to do something
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Bought it yesterday for 300 at dicksmith. Stock in the Sydney area is still pretty good, there was still 4 left at carnes hill and 2 last time I checked in campbelltown.
    beakeroo, Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Any plans to leave GT6 now you have a Next-Gen Wheel?
    Sam D Blacklock and beakeroo like this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Lol Rest In Peace Pcars Div 1
    beakeroo likes this.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    May take him a little time to adapt..... he may not be quick straight out of the box...... crap... that's wishful thinking isn't it? Yeah i think so..... :unsure:
    Best hope he doesn't quite have the same edge over the competition as he has on GT6 in the last 12 seasons!
    Sam D Blacklock and beakeroo like this.
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I don't know. Depends whether Div 1 in season 9 has decent numbers. Only 7 or 8 in every race is a downer, but the same happened in pcars Div 1 to.
    seth123, Beau_Albert and beakeroo like this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Could be something to do with the game being a downer too :poop:
    Surely you wont give up on your 12 title streak ;)
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  17. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I don't know what a tittle is, but I like the sound of it.
  18. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    tittle
    ˈtɪt(ə)l/
    noun
    A tiny amount or part of something.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That shark thing on your signature is back, it's forever disappearing and appearing o_O
  20. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    So i emailed Logitech last week asking for a fix to my wheel issues. They suggested I plug in my wheel to the PC and open up the config, which i did. Had a look at the indicators that flash when you push a button, and my up shift paddle was flashing twice for every time i used it (hence where my wheel issues were coming from). I was flashing once as i pulled it, and then flashed again once i released, as opposed to the downshift paddle which illuminated once i pulled it, and then went out once i released it (e.g, only flashing once). Sent them an email back saying that it wasn't a software issue, but a hardware issue with the paddle. Now i will wait for a few days, and hopefully see what there response is, and hope they agree there's a fault, take it away and give me a new one/repair my current wheel.
    TheJuzzy and beakeroo like this.