Logitech Logitech G29 - First Impressions and Review.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by JonoStan96, Jul 24, 2015.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Ordered, picking up tomorrow!
    Hatfield and v8power383 like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Wow, takes some getting used to and tweaking of FFB settings but once right it feels so much better. It feels more accurate like I have finer control and feel. Much smoother and pretty much silent compared to the DFGT.
    v8power383 likes this.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    My downshift paddle has commited suicide... doesnt register at all :/
    Anyone able to suggest something before i drop punt it at JB HI FI's Manager? :(
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Be nice and you'll walk out with a new one
    Beau_Albert and Easyprey007 like this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my shifters playing up is how I got a new wheel too, i was getting occasional double shifts on both paddles and occasional no register on downshift. I had broken the NOS button (R3) completely off but just remapped it. Last weekend the mount snapped and I couldn't clamp it. Luckily I had been putting up with the shifter issue for awhile and this was all that was needed to make a warranty claim. I didn't think thed broken bits would be warranty items) I walked in to Harvey Norman where i bought it and because they have an arrangement with Logitech I walked backed out with a brand new one. No hassles at all
  6. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

My g29 wheel has been having issues for a while. It was good for a few weeks then it started jamming buttons on. I'd get stuck in rear view then I would exit, load profiler and see half a dozen buttons all lit up, stuck on. More recently when I turn more than 45 degrees or so on say a sharp chicane, it will change up gears (on the paddle gear cars) its a pain in the f*n arse and costs me time and forces mistakes when racing. I did read somewhere on another forum that there is a soldering issue inside the wheel which some people have fixed themselves.

I hope logitech have fixed this defect on the wheels they are sending back out to everyone who has returned their originals...
    Clevohead likes this.
  7. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    My G29 has kicked the bucket. Not only have I been having issues with the FFB (the Div 1 boys in PCars just love hearing my wheel clacking away for no reason ;)) but now it looks like the patentiometers in the brake and throttle have also gone so taking it back to Hardly Normal tomorrow, getting them to replace with a new G29 (told by Logitech support today they will do this) and then selling It to fund the purchase of a T300 with pro pedals. What a nightmare!
  8. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    overall im happy with my g29, but sending mine back as the leather is starting to come adrift on the top of the left bridge, also going to mention the ocassional double down shift.
    got my g27 back out the junk room and already missing the ffb feel of the g29 and the brake pedal rubber doofer-thingimabob. so im hoping they wont replace it with a dud one lol.
    stucar17 likes this.