Logitech Logitech G29 - Will you be getting it?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Beau_Albert, Jul 5, 2015.

?

Will you be getting the G29 Driving Force?

1. Nope, Thrustmaster all the way!

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. Yes, i'll be getting the G29!

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Seen quite a bit of hate lately surrounding the G29, and i'm a little confused by it to be honest. I've recently pre-ordered my G29 and the optional shifter, but is anyone else going to be getting it, or have most of you changed to the Thrustmaster side?
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99

Have a look at this Bobo... It will change your mind if you think you are getting something better
  3. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Interesting watch, certainly hasn't changed my opinion all that much. I only own a DFGT and i love the button layout of the wheel, and i currently borrow a mates G27 and i prefer the rim and pedals, so its the best of both worlds for me, but i can now see why you say it doesnt compete with the T300.
    I tried the T300 off the same person i stole the G27 off, and it didn't feel much different to me, so still happy with my choice, but i get others POV now :thumbsup:
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Inside source informs me that a T150 is in the works, a DFGT equivalent by Thrustmaster, better than the T100, but cheaper than the T300.
    So that would indicate cheaper than the G29, and with a bit of luck it will be up there with FFB ability of the G27/9. Could be a game changer.
    t_b_williams likes this.
  5. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Personally I wonder if the difference between the Thrustmaster and the G27 is all in the FFB drivers. Before the FFB "improvement" update came in it originally ruined the G27 untill they patched it up. I think it was PD pushing people to Thrustmaster due to the upcoming licensing and compatibility for PS4.
  6. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    So in other words , it still feels like a toy . I would like to know if the thrustmaster shifter works with it .
  7. agolfer78

There all toys, just depends on who is playing with it.
    Beau_Albert and TheJuzzy like this.
  8. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    My T500 feel's so much better then my old G27 & in the vid he said it still feels like a G27 , but the thing I like most is the share button's and the other button's . I don't know how to share or record game play with the T500 set as default controller .
    agolfer78 likes this.
  9. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I much prefer the G27's brake over the T3/500's, and if the brake is apparently an improvement, that's a plus for me as well
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

T500 has far superior pedals than T300.
    agolfer78 likes this.
  11. agolfer78

Dont mind me @TheJuzzy, im just bitter than my 12 month old still perfectly functioning G27 is soon to be defunct.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I don't blame you man , I wasn't too happy ether . but my G27 was starting to play up any way , I kept getting sticking brake and throttle .
  13. agolfer78

Bet you dont get that with those sweet ass T500 RS pedals. You do get what you pay for and im sure they are about 700 dollars worth of awesome.
  14. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    There very nice , plus when you put them up side down , they don't get crap in them of ya sock's
    agolfer78 likes this.
  15. agolfer78

O things I would do with those upside down pedals, sigh.....
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I used to use the adapter to use my g27 pedals with the t300 worked a treat, plus from my experience the g27 build quality is a myth, I had to pull mine apart several times to reinforce broken plastic brackets inside. Having used both wheels on PS3 and PC I can honestly say the t300 is the better wheel, and build quality wise the thrustmaster is better as well, ( I pulled the cover off to have a look, I can't help myself with these things) that's build quality not driver issues, but I've had zero problems with the t300 after nearly 10 months of hard use.
    TheJuzzy, JonoStan96 and Clevohead like this.
  17. agolfer78

12 months in and Ive had 0 issues quality wise with the G27, the only time its been opened was to install the brake mod when i first got it. "Touch wood" nothing goes wrong!
    by
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I suppose I did use the g27 for nearly 4 years, and apart from the breakages which I could fix it held up well, and I also was disappointed and pissed off that it wouldn't work with a ps4 but I moved on and at the end of the day was very happy I did.
    agolfer78 likes this.
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Biggest difference between the two is how they are 'driven'. G25/7/9's are all gear driven as is the DFGT. where as the T300/500 and others(fanatec wheels, from the Porsche rims up to the Clubsport bases) are belt driven which is superior.
  20. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I might get it because I dont have a wheel yet so I thought I might as well get it