Meet and greet findings.....

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 23, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DIV 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DIV 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DIV 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we get the results from div 3 and 4 will be able to have a look at div placings and adjust accordingly.
    If after last night you feel you are are in the wrong division and want us to look at it please send me a PM....

@Bounty05 @rossi0nsx @Ad2mny , there are lots of room settings that e need to make sure we get consistant....How did you go ?
    Div 1 ran with track limit penalties off, damage off....if you want a copy of all the room settings as we had them just let me know.

In our div 1 room we had a great race, with no real issues.....Track temp, and grip fell as the heavy cloud came over, it fell from 44* to 32*, and in the final weather slot (clear) jumped back to 44* and the grip came back.
    We had Track penalties OFF which stopped any of the stupid contact penalties that pops up even for cars not at fault. The comparative FL times were reasonably close, with no one obviously out of position.

I finished with 79% on my front left, and fuel was a non issue in terms of how much was left ! All the pit stops seemed to work as they should, although @v8power383 had issues trying to change his strategy while in pit lane....(can you confirmed what happened?). We think that "IF' you want to change your strategy, you need to do it before you enter the pit lane...i tested it, and found that everything i changed worked as it should.

Unfortunately @Furters in div 3 had things go a little pear shaped and didn't have a great first night.....not quite sure what happened, but apparently there was contact that may have been avoided. Just a reminder to everyone that first impressions are the most important, Especially when our goal is to provide clean racing. Hopefully he has a second try of racing with us.

If anyone has anything that need to be added, discussed or adjusted please reply below so we can sort it out before the track reveal and final 'meet and greet' this coming sunday. Cheers stu

1. @@Slambobagan
    2. @@its-benny-racer
    3. @@Coojak3009
    4. @@Shane Edgar (shanep11primera) - New member
    5. @@mikeruntbike
    6. @@clynt reynolds (coyote)
    7. @@POPPINFRESH1234
    8. @@RHINO11
    9. @@v8power383
    10. @@stucar17
    11. @@TheJuzzy
    12. @@Blindman
    13. @@Kart-No-1
    14. @@jasondull1986
    15. @@SUBGTRACER (new member)
    16. @@AOCleaner74
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    1. @@Kman64891 (yet to confirm pace)
    2. @@nigegunz
    3. @@dj2ca
    4. @@redness-63
    5. @@Nathan Storrier
    6. @@Bounty05
    7.@@SuiCid3
    8. @@stilesy
    9. @@garyw61
    10. @@Jim_aka_The_Man
    11. @@Telum familiaGTR
    12. @@ned83
    13. @@VARDZ
    14. @@agolfer78
    15.@@disturboed
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    1. @@emmo46 (gone to GTS)
    2. @@Anthonyb
    3. @@Ant_427
    4. @@fezza
    5. @@pat65 (gone to GTS)
    6. @@t_b_williams
    7. @@freddyp_33
    8. @@rossi0nsx
    9.@@kayne greenwood (eeesteeedeee)
    10. @@George
    11.@@annelorrianne
    12.@@arnold watson
    13. @@Furters (psn furters44)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    2. @@Rumbleshorts
    3. @@Ad2mny
    4. @@ShootSho7t
    5. @@Ford69xw (metalsteel)
    6. @@colin-50_
    7. @@PurpleDog
    8. @@Chase (flatstick)
    9. @@Dev1lman_87
    10. @@webnomad
    11. @@Les 317 ?? to confirm (mochamambo PSN)
    12. @@tafamare ?? need to check pace !
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Copied from Div2 thread.

Had a strange glitch tonight.
    I have the pit limiter set as auto (so no pit button assigned).
    Came in for my pit stop end of lap 13. Made sure I was under 60 at pit entry, no dramas.
    As I was approaching my pit bay, the auto pit limiter turned itself off and that resulted in the car surging forward (had my foot on the accelerator) giving me a 10s penalty. Immediately after that, my car went into autodrive and entered my pit bay and then drove off on its own accord. Had no further control over the car after that so retired to the pits.

I recall this happening (as does @dj2ca) to someone else very early on in the release of PC2, though other than that it doesn't appear to be a regular thing (granted, we haven't really run much mandatory pit stops). Not sure on what could be the cause, although I did have 2 pit strategies,the custom Renault one, and the default, as it doesn't appear like you can delete the default one.

What I didn't try was letting it run through to another pit stop to see if it would give control back to me. The reason being is because it was driving ridiculously slow and would have caused more incidents than not.

Disabling manual pit control will probably get rid of the problem, although that will take away half the fun of pitting...
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  3. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Forgot about this until it was too late, whoops.
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I mentioned this to Stu last night, said I was waiting for the moment it glitches out. Easy fix, set your pit limiter button, press it when you enter and when you exit, easy peasy
    As for not having control, once the AI is back on track, go into your ICM and into the pit strategy menu, turn the option for ‘swap driver’ on and request a pit stop which will make the AI driver pit that lap...just make sure you the driver swap off again after
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    1. No.
    2. You would have lost over half a lap, if not more, by the time the AI made it back to the pits just due to the way they are driving. Race ruined.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What i have found (and @its-benny-racer and i were talking about it last night) is dont have a pit limiter set. All you need to worry about is hitting the lane line at 60, and then all you have to do is drive into the pit bay. In my mind it just takes away the chance for something to go wrong...
  7. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    That’s what he is saying @stucar17 thr auto limiter glitched out halfway down the lane and that’s why he got a penalty
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    hes saying tha auto limiter glitched, meaning that everyone should assign a button and use it properly to avoid it automatically turning off...
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    missed that bit o_O......

did a heap of stops in the races after and had no issues....is a weird one then...i know benny hasnt had any issues either with it on auto.....
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i would suggest everyone uses a button for the pit limiter. surely its not to hard to remember to hit pit limiter when entering, and to hit it again when exiting.
    if people wish to leave it on auto, thats their decision obviously, but for the sake of not taking the risk it would be my suggestion to use a button to turn it on or off.
    v8power383 and RHINO11 like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Anthonyb can you get the results up on here from last night ?
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i wonder if it was from someone leaving the room with a frame rate drop like it does.....definitely a strange one though....will do a heap or prac races with required pit stop to see if we can replicate it
    Zachery likes this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah im not sure, i have my limiter set to a button and can say i havent had any issues, so if you cant work out why its happening, at least you have a fix if need be.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i know after 4 years of GT and the PCARS not having to worry about slowing right down to hit the line it was a shock the first time i got pinged. If i remember rightly, GT used to hold you longer in pit lane sometimes for firing in too fast ?
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah its a bit like that, but it becomes normal pretty quickly. we use the manual pit stops in F1 and havent had any people with issues, so just give it time for everyone to get used to it and all will be sweet.

Never played GT6 online so i wouldnt know. only started racing online when Pcars was released
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Never had a problem with the auto limiter until last night.
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I have been trying but I can't get anything to transfer from tiny pics so asked dj to do it
  18. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  19. Anthonyb

Thanks dj
    dj2ca likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Must say that this car changes character with a full tank of fuel was a lot nicer to drive when the fuel level got below 90ltrs
    George likes this.