My Personal GT5 Tribute Race

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by DekGT5mad, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :):):):):):) This sunday night at 8.30 i'm holding a fast but fun race at Le Sarthe 2009(no chicanes) in the Red Bull's,with tuning allowed,but pp set at maximum possible for the 2010 model.2011 prototype's allowed but will have to ballast up,power limit,or drop aero. Qually will be a 5 lap sprint race at Monza with chicanes,grid set by order onto track & whatever can be done before start,which i will hit as soon as on track. Here's the kicker,the Monza race will be light damage,light penalties no tyre wear,collisions disabled,the feature race will be light damage,HEAVY penalties,(to stop chicane cutting) 27 laps,fuel & tyre wear fast, collisions enabled,NO TYRE RESTRICTIONS,Skid Recovery Off,ASM off,driving line off,all other aids available.

1st: Pick of any tradeable car(provided i have it,have 1200 odd)
    2nd: Nascar suit & helmet pack
    3rd: Pick of 3 of any required museum cards(provided i,ve got it,i have 99%)
    Fastest Race Lap: Car Restoration Ticket
    Pole Position: Engine rebuild or body rigidity restore ticket(take your pick)

I'll open the room at 8pm, Mics will be on.

Remember this is for fun so we'll wait for any latecomers that notify me via here or PS3 message.Anyone who doesn't have me friended,send an add friend saying Red Bull please.

SO,CAN YOU RED BULL??????? :p:p:p:p:p:rolleyes::D

Hint: Drop Toe to 25 or 30,F&R to stop high speed wheel shake,still negative toe on front
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Sign me up
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'm away this Sunday :(
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I just hope to god I'm not on holidays this weekend, but I've been dying to do a Red Bull race for ages but the majority hate this car. I'll be in a bright orange X2010, #96.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Bugger:(:(:(:(:(
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I don't mind the old Red Bull, but I'm away for the long weekend and am currently using a controller. Have fun lads.
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I love it!!!! As you'd know,it just takes a bit of getting used to how fast everything happens,don't think then do it,cause it's all too late then,you need to drive by the seat of your pants! LOL:p:p:p:D Hope you can make it!
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Hope you have as much fun away as we will have racing!:)
  9. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You're in Clevo,send me an FR. while i think of it,i have a friend who would love to join us,only thing is he is Irish & in Ireland. He has Optical fibre internet,and i race with him regularly with no lag or DSC issues,Turbo met him and saw his connection is good,even with mics. I haven't promised anything,but did say if you guys agreed,one catch would be that if any aussie or nz guys report lag,he must pull over,drop to rear and then go again,& if called a 2nd time,quit race,& he was absolutely fine with that,fully understanding why,however i think that as we race with no mics,he'd be fine. He did a ping test to a sydney server and got 33m/s,which is probably better than some of our aussie guys. If there is a free spot for my sunday race i might get him out on track with us to show his connection stability if you think it is possible,if not no drama at all. He tried GTPlanet and got sick of the idiots.

Cheers
    Dek
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Spot held for you until you tell me otherwise:)
  11. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    See,RED BULL DOES GIVE YOU WINGS!!!!!:) DekGT5 003.jpg

The cockpit view on video just about makes you throw up!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::oops::oops:
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Clevohead likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    So it's just a 3 car grid?
  13. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    You's are on your own lol.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    So who won?. If they aren't already, they will be eligible for the Season 12 Race of Champions.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The event didn't run, that's why I joined the practice lobby unfortunatly... :/
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    :(
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    My apologies guys,My wife's father had a really bad heart attack on sunday afternoon,& was flown to westmead hospital :(,so my wife and i left for sydney straight away:eek:,& sorry i didn't think about it until half way there:eek::eek::oops:,way too late,and my smart phone has a broken screen,can only use it for incoming calls.I've only just got back today,about half an hour ago.My mate that looked after my house said he played some gt5 & F1 racestars,so i'm especially sorry as it would have seemed like i was online. I'm still keen to run the event,if you all would like to race this sunday. N.S.W. has moved to daylight saving time,so i'm happy to make the start time at 9.30pm EDST,to keep the start time 8.30pm-ish for the interstaters. Maybe now it's not a long weekend,we might get a few more cars on the grid:):) I'll message all of my div 2 friends,can anyone else coax a few more in from other divs,maybe if i offer set up for them,leaving the gears up to them,which on the Vettel is only final ratio changeable anyway,i use the same aero for both tracks,i just make it a bit softer for Le Mans. I can also explain what the diff adjustments do,after giving them a good base to start. They can adjust quickly with a 15min warm up to suit their style more then if they want,i'll be happy to help them:cool::):):):)

cheers
    Dek

p.s. The father-in law is gonna be all right,he had a quad-bypass,& his carotid(i think that's how it's spelt) artery in his neck cleaned out from a 70% blockage,So if you smoke please think about quitting,it's hard but if i can do it anyone can.I gave up 12 years ago,my wife still smoked until last week,but had been cutting down,but was really struggling to stop those last 4 or 5,for a bit of time(6months),but this did it for her,she gave her packet to a guy that was bludging smokes out the front all late sunday night & monday morning,when he asked for 1 off her,and said to him
    "Go ahead,keep 'em,kill yourself,i'm not anymore!"Can you believe he asked for a light! Vicki got it out of her handbag and pelted it at his head,just clipping his ear!:D She hasn't had one since,& i'm pretty sure that's it,cause she's already taken them out of the budget.I'm really proud of her,it's been especially hard for her to give up as she suffers bipolar Disorder,and the meds she has to take,make her crave smokes more.Her father's health problems are 100% smoking related,he already had five stints in various parts of his body.He was still smoking a packet of 40's a day,the doctors made him sign an agreement to give up immediately,or they wouldn't operate,& if he resumes smoking,he wouldn't be eligible for treatment in the future for anything smoking related!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah mate, smoking is a nasty habit but grabs you by the b.... and is hard to give it up. I was never smoking that heavily but could feel its results as I'm quite an active person and made me cough bullets when needed to push myself.
    Quit for good 3 years ago and was a burden off my shoulders, my wife did the same very soon after.
    Hope everything works out for your family, all the best mate.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  19. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Cheers mate,glad you did it.Amazing how much better you can smell & taste once you give up,Hey!!!:D:D:D
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  20. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Hi Dek can we talk about times as I have organized the Race of Champions for this sunday. Hadn't set a time as yet but hopefully we could squeeze both events into one night. The champions event shouldn't take too long as its only ten laps around SSR5 with a set grid so no qually. so if the guys can get any practice they want/need in during the week it should be a quick one leaving time for your race.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.