Neville from Tassie

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Neville, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Neville

Neville New Recruit

Hi all, this is first thread ever , so hope I,m in right place to do so.I have raced against a lot of ROOZ members on public servers as
    peter. perigord and look forward to league races. Can someone advise where to get password for sever for tonight please.
    thanks & Rgds Neville
    Cherno and stucar17 like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    welcome mate!

which platform/game ?
  3. Neville

Neville New Recruit

Hi Hatfield, Assetto Corsa on PC
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ah ok you want @KoAStR or @Anon666 then
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Neville was wondering when you'd sign up, about time! Will be much easier to coordinate and get you fully involved now. Although you'll be pleased to know your appearance last season scored points on the ladder. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-12-luv-u-loong-time.2840/

Welcome aboard mate. Yep this is the right place to post. :thumbsup:

All the info you need for this season is here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...-no-13-thats-no-pirate-its-a-gtaaarrrgh.2978/

In the first post there is a discord link (room invite) for voice chat. If you don't already have it download the software from here: https://discordapp.com/

It's best if you join the chat before the race for coordination announcements (e.g. if we have to restart for any technical issues etc) and communication during the race e.g. exiting pits and lap traffic calls. The server password will be given out each week in the discord chat.

Here's some more reading to help you get familiar with the community:
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    We run a teams thing just for fun really and a way to nuture sharing of strategies and tunes.
    Will chuck you in with Team Hi-Tec Oils (HTO).
  7. Neville

Neville New Recruit

Hi KoAStR
    I've downloaded Discord, but can't get to work with headset as yet. Should add that Computers are not my strong point, any advice greatly appreciated.
  8. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Hi,
    Sorry you missed out last week, I knew you were around but the server had me distracted.
    Once you have discord use the link in the season 13 thread to get you in. You don't need a mic or headphones (just use chat), although its useful if you can at least hear us (not all info goes into chat, i.e. race restarts).

cheers
    KoAStR likes this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    All good Neville we'll get you there.
    QC manages our AC servers and as he said it's not essential that you use a mic as a few others don't. So long as you're able to log into the RaceOnOz channel (via the invite link in the season thread) then you can just listen in and use the text chat (in game AC when on track or in Discord before/afterwards) to communicate back when needed. I'm in WA so probably won't be on much before the race to help you get setup but no doubt some of the other guys will be. :thumbsup:
  10. Neville

Neville New Recruit

Thanks for friendly welcomes from all, I use Hi Tech oils IRL so appropriate team, don't know that I will be much of an asset for team, maybe good for a giggle at my efforts.Do I load AC and then Discord link or other way round?
    KoAStR likes this.
  11. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

AC and Discord are separate (can use either on their own), I run Discord on a laptop.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Discord is standalone software from AC so load up Discord and join the Raceonoz "primary" channel from your desktop before you launch AC. Then it will just run in the background.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Neville sorry about the incident in the server the other night didnt realize my ping had jumped up. From my end it seemed ok until we both came completely unstuck but then afterI noticed more than 1 contact was logged.