New member - 4x Buttkicker mini LFE with Xbox one info

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Smokabis, May 19, 2017.

1. Smokabis

Smokabis New Recruit

Hi fellow racers.
    I just rigged my GTUltimate V2 cockpit (purchased January this year shortly after buying a wheel, pedal and shifter setup) with 4x Buttkicker mini LFE and my xbox one.
    I initially purchased a Gamer 2 but the amp failed twice in the space of 2 months so I returned it for a refund.
    After this I went in search of an alternative that could be used with a more reliable amplifier and decided I wanted to use 4 transducers this time, 2 for the left audio and 2 for the right audio. I mean...Why not?
    I quickly found that there was very little information available about using 4 transducers in stereo with a 2 channel amp and an xbox. Trying to find an amp that could run 2 channels at 500w @ 2 or 8 ohms with high and low pass filters was a nightmare, I knew nothing about audio equipment so I was searching completely blind.
    Eventually I found out what the DSP was on the Behringer iNuke amps and purchased an NU1000DSP, next was choosing cabling and connectors to rig it all up and how to connect them. I had no idea what a Speakon connector was, or if i could use the 4 poles to wire them in parallel or not (from what I gathered, I couldn't do this).
    After that, how to mount them to the GTUltimate V2? I asked Logan at Pagnian if they had done it but unfortunately they hadn't. I ended up buying 2m of 32mm x 5mm flat bar steel and cutting it into 2x 460mm lengths and 2x 540mm lengths to make the mounts for the mini LFEs.
    After a lot of research and 3 nights of work I got them mounted to the cockpit and wired up
    So after all the searching and lack of information, I wanted to share what I had done with anyone else out there looking to do the same.
    Yes it can be done, and yes, it works well. Im still learning about the amp settings and fine tuning it but if any one wants to ask questions about my setup then I'm more than happy to help.