New member from Lismore

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tristan Jones, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Hi All,

I found this forum through a GT Planet post for the GTS League, sounds like fun!

I'm from Lismore, in northern NSW near Byron Bay, and have been doing accounting for the 15 years since I finished school. Are people here mostly Sydney, or all over?

I have only been playing a couple of hours a couple of times a week, have been looking forward to this game for a while, bought the PS4 & GTS as a missus-sanctioned treat to myself for finishing uni. 2 kids, doing uni by correspondance and a 60hr/week job didn't leave a lot of me time - now with a 40hr/ week job and no uni I get a bit of time to spend racing.

Have been playing NFS2015 while waiting for GTS to come out, NFS is a good fun arcady game, but GTS is what I have been waiting for, first
    game I ever preordered. Looks like you guys play plenty of different racing games on here! I might buy F1 one day, or try iracing on PC.

Do many in the group have a real racing background? I don't have any real experience, unless you count a few hotlaps and track days in friends cars. Would have loved to have taken my R32 GTST (my profile pic) to the track before it was stolen, would still love to take my '98 CBR900RR to the track too.

I would love to get a wheel controller setup one day, though that is on the dream list along with a PS4 Pro and a 4k/ 144mhz screen. Motion Control steering is awesome with DS4!
    JonoStan96, Anthonyb and emmo46 like this.
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Hello Tristan, nice to see somoene so keen joining the forums. As you mentioned we have a GTS league which I believe you’ve already found, we also run pCARS 2 as a Sunday night league if that takes your fancy one day. F1 is a ball of fun if you want to get involved in that on Thursday nights. Feel free to join up mid season with F1 (or any serious for that matter) if you eventually pick up a copy!
    We have a fair few Sydney siders on here, but a lot of us are spread around, got some kiwis, WA, I’m up in the Goldy, there’s a few others up in Northern Queensland and some others spread here and there.
    A couple of guys do some racing irl, 2015 (or ‘14 sorry can’t remember) GT academy winner Matt Simmons raced with us and he’s now running in the Blancpain GT3 series across Europe. @Benjamin J Smith runs in the Excel cup series. A few other GT academy finalists on here as well. @Pringles_947 and I have both been over to Paris for a World karting final as well :)
    Looking forward to seeing how you go!!
    @Hatfield, @JonoStan96 and @stucar17 should be able to answer any more questions in regards to the league