VR Nifty Rifties - VR Tips & Tricks for AC

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by krunch, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

thanks ill try out sidekick and see what its like for VR since i find raceessentials a bit hard to read some info. also just looking at pit config app because i was fumbling around a bit with mouse/kb to make my pit stop on mon night and prob lost a few seconds and seen the app also locks the pit stop camera to what ever view you have like in cockpit because that top view in vr is bad lol
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Same guy that made essentials... plus he's still developing it.
  3. Driftoz

getting sick of this inateck PCI-E USB 3.0 hub :):):):)ing up on me which oculus recommend. just had the sensor cut out and turn my oculus screen turn black in the middle of a race
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sidekick is excellent. Havent used essentials since I moved to that.
  5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Ouch Drift that's not good. I haven't had any probs in-game with my Inatek USB card. I still have the "update USB Drivers" message but I haven't touched them.

Rolz - I haven't OC'd my card so can't help you with that issue. Good point about the number of Apps open. I might close a few down to see if my FPS goes back up. Seems to have dropped since the last update. I used to see 90 FPS now it sits on 45 which seems like it's dropping to the ATW mode? Anyway it's still totally driveable.
  6. Driftoz

yeah ive just rolled back to default windows drivers where it tells you to update so all should be fine.
    @KoAStR just tried sidekick before seemed nice only thing i found is it dosent show me total fuel needed/fuel per lap info which you get on raceessentials app
  7. Rolz

@Driftoz sidekick does though tell you how many laps u get on the fuel u have... like ptracker, I always overcompensate by about 0.5-0.8 laps when testing.

Edit - also what video card do u have?
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Driftoz yea it does. You can click on each element to toggle what it is displaying or you can set the app to cycle automatically.
    @krunch yea I had a FPS drop after the update. Seems to be an issue with vsync as disabling that fixed it. AC forums are investigating whether the root cause is full screen rendering. Try Alt-enter in game to reset display rendering.
    krunch likes this.
  9. Driftoz

Ah is that what the cycle setting is lol and @Rolz i have a gtx1080 oced
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    @KoAStR How do you get it to cycle?
  11. Rolz

@Peter Wise its part of the option menu... the 4/5 boxes horizontally in a row.

Tick each one you want to cycle - can see it work straight away
    Peter Wise likes this.
  12. krunch

Thanks for the heads up on sidekick guys - very handy app and lets me turn off others to increase FPS :). Gone from 45 to about 70 now. I haven't tried to OC my GTX1070 or my i7-3770K yet. Might be something I'll try soon.

@KoAStR I already had vsync off but I'll try dropping the monitor into windowed mode as you suggest
    Rolz likes this.
  13. Driftoz

@krunch wish i still had my 3770k on watercooling i was almost pushing 5ghz and found there to be no gaming performance increase compared to my new cpu
  14. Rolz

@Driftoz thats good to know... I've got mine OC'd at 4.2Ghz and it's rock solid... been thinking of upgrading but if it's not worth it then I can save some cash... maybe then just wait for the GTX 1080ti hybrid to come out :)
  15. Driftoz

yeah i had it running solid at 4.5ghz for 3 years it would crash at about 4.8ghz
  16. Driftoz

cherno found this and told me about it i tried it but didnt notice any improvment but some of you guys might this is for assetto corsa

Open steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini
    Set the following line as follows:
    MIP_LOD_BIAS=-1 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    If you go to extremes you will notice the difference,it just sharpens the texture image road looks much better but can increase the jagged look on walls and fences mainly makes the normal maps pop a bit more showing the bump edges a bit better

Few other tweak's to try

assettocorsa/system/assettocorsa.ini

[PHYSICS_THREADING]
    THREADS=3 ; -1 = automatic , 0 = disabled , 1...N number of threads dedicated to physics (eg 1 to 8) NOTE: go by true threads available on your cpu

assettocorsa/system/graphics.ini
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 change to 1
    assettocorsa/cfg/oculus
    PIXEL_PER_DISPLAY=1.0 no idea what it does but if I had to guess sounds like display upscaling
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Rolz likes this.
  18. Driftoz

going through the assetto_corsa.ini and seen a setting
    [VR]
    ENABLE_CAMERA_SHAKE=0
    wonder what thats like.
    and pixles per display is supposed to sharpen the image
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    probably make you sick haha :roflmao: thought the G force tab would cover all that stuff though? strange it has separate ini for image sharpen should be universal with the mip lod :confused: or is it to try and counter the blur?
  20. krunch

Hey guys. I just opened my oculus.ini and found the "PIXEL_PER_DISPLAY" had reverted to "1.0". Must have been reset by a recent update so you might want to check it along with any other ini settings you've tweaked.