IRACING OSR CST v8SC League Rooz guys participating in

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Bonus 888, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]

To join this league click on the link below, it will take you to the Iracing league page so you must be a registered Iracer to use the link.

Wednesday Night V8 Supercar race

[h]This is ran on Wednesday nights, 8pm Qual and 8:30 race start, race is aprox 1 hour. It has some of Iracings and V8supercar's legendary drivers participating in it, Madison Down and Shane van Gisbergen.
    These races are ran in private servers and have no bearing on your IR or SR and I think you can join if you are D 3 class or above. They are a good way of getting into the V8 super car without fear of loosing you SR from off tracks and the racing is still clean because most guys know and respect each other.
    Never raced the V8 before, come race it here; they have enough registered for several splits so you will most likely be in a split with drivers of a similar skill level.[/h]
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Aww man that sounds great but I don't think I could make it that early... when does it kick off?
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

It was last night Koastr, thought it might be a bit of a rush for you to make it. I thought 6 pm Qual and 630 race for you might just fit in.
    Any how i had a shocker, my car rolled backwards when i put it in gear (never had that happen before) then i sped coming out of the pits after serving the penalty. After pitting again i came out in front of the front runners and just pulled over to let them all go. I settled back into the spot in the field i should have been in but 1 lap down, was going well and a couple guys I was close to had to pit so i put my head down to try and get in front after their pit exit and i went off track and got damage race over!

I got a fairly reasonable set for this week but feel it is a bit lacking as the guys I have a rivalry with, Sam and Jay are a bit ahead of me, they get Mitch's sets who is now running TTR engineered sets. Bit hard to get shared sets now that it's become so competitive and sponsor obligations and I fear us rooz guys may slip down the field unless we can get a bit of help by aligning with some of the top teams. I tried running with my own sets all of last season and didn't do too bad but sets now need to be spot on to get any gain. Hope we can get a bit of input from you again this season Koaster as the 2 sets you worked on for us last season were the rounds i did best in. Only Neishy and my self running the V8 regularly this season by the looks, Frank you still about? but going to step it up a bit and try and run regular split 2, I have to cos I'm in div 3 this season and want to be in the top 10 again like i was in div 4 and div 6 my last 2 seasons. Any how hope to see you on track Koastr and looking forward to this season with the way the car feels now (its awesome, feels like a car now and power slides are lota fun), so practice isn't as much of a chore its actually fun, so I will be practicing a lot more.

Any how the league race last night was great fun, its great not having to worry about I rating and Safety rating and running in a big field, 36 drivers I think we had and will be more next week as some couldnt make it last night.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry to hear you had a rough time in the first race mate.. better luck next round.

Generally I would struggle to make anything before 7pm. 6.30 might be doable (handbrake permitting!) but I wouldn't be able to make qually before hand. Dammit I'm really missing driving a series ATM and would love to be doing something as a team.

As for power slides... I KNOW! :D I did a fully cranked drift all the way around the horseshoe at Road America the other day... what fun. Couldn't do that before the latest updates. The Street Stock does epic drifts around RA too.

I've also heard that although the v8 sets are now meant to be limited to minimum of ~14 caster, there are ways to get that down to about 12 by modifying other suspension geometry, so have a good play round with your sets to see what you can achieve. I'll do my best to catch you on track a couple of times a week ;)
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer it was rough but still enjoyable, only ruined my own race, so all good and no points lost in my Irating or Safety rating.
    See you on track, there is another league race tonight I'll put up another thread for it
  6. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Well Mitch is on TT-R running with us now. However, technically Jay is on Xsimgear.com.au Motorsport which is aligned with Lazyman Racing. So technically they're under a different setup crew to us. Sam would be getting Mitch's setups though which would be ours. Jay better not be getting ours!

You guys are welcome to our setups, feel free. Just PM me on iRacing in a server (to type to a person in a server is as follows "/[car #] [enter message]"
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer sorry there Mad, just meant Sam is most likely running it should have separated Jay from that line, now that Jay is in his own team, so it won't be like last season, i haven't seen Jays times yet but me m8 Sam is doing ok. Me and Sam share setups but only the ones we have made our selves, so i wouldn't ask for this one. I didn't really want to bother you guys last season, with the NTM and everyone wanting to know ya set ups. I just sat back and learnt a bit trying to do it myself, did what you said you did at first. Find a good set up and make subtle changes to see what it does.
    Thanks for the Offer of setups, hope to run a few practice sessions with Dave (koastr) he's good at tweaking a good tune so might be able to pass a set back for you guys to check out.
    Good luck for the season TTR, sure you will be top team this year the way you and Muggo are looking strong.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

What a NooB, stuffed up that messaging code thingy, really wanted to test it out, goood for when team speak goes out but messed up on the / slash thing i guess. Got to laugh at us old farts trying to keep up with all this codes crapp, all the guys got a laugh out of it.
  9. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Haha yeah was good for a laugh. What it should be to message me is as follows. Exactly this.

/77 You suck because your setups sucks and the track sucks and everything sucks

^ That's the type of thing I type in private anyway..... :D
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Lol, thanks, us older guys not too clued up, if i see brackets i put brackets in thinking it code.
    /77 my sets suck help !!! This prob what i likely be sending
    Hey car looks good with the TTR and hyper on it.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    How you doing in this Bones?

Logged in quick tonight (can't race) to see who was on and check out some stats, and saw you were in the session..
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Not a front runner (stating the obvious), using it to learn the weeks tracks and get a bit of race experience without loosing any SR/IR through off tracks and low finnishing positions. Lots of fun with big fields, I did ok in the 50 laps of Phil Island last week till I got taken out but still finished reasonable. Last night was just a learning night never seen the track before and just jumped straight into qualifying and the race. They get 35 or more racing each week so its good for battle practice, still open for entries if you want to join and no obligation to race each week, just register and I also got the pass word up on our team speak if you just want to watch.