Cockpit Pagnian keyboard stand

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Spidey_11, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hey Boys,

I've got a Pagnian GTExtreme V2 and just bought the keyboard and mouse stand for it and have come up with a problem, can anyone help me out?

1) I know I can position it on either side (left or right) but due to the base locking knob it won't pivot all the way around. This is solved by bringing the base position of it towards the seat but due to my height and seating position this isn't going to work, too uncomfortable.
    2) The height of the unit is to low for my knees. It's ok if it's permanently off to the side of the rig but I may have just used a side table for this.
    3) The top plate (where the keyboard sits) is dead level. Is this meant to be level? I thought it would have some slope on it towards the seat as there is a small lip on this plate but no, it's flat so this is annoying.
    4) With the knobs tightened up it's still wobbly.
    5) The only position I could have it right now is directly off to the side, with the keyboard plate flat, and running long ways down the rig other then on an angle which would be preferred.

Does anyone else on the forums have a keyboard stand and can help me out with the above points?
    2nd option, any Canberra boys want it for half price??
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have the same kit and similar issues but nothing unmanageable. I was a bit underwhelmed with it as you said not alot of benefit over a side table.

Swung around in front the stand has to be in front of my knees. But mostly you want it well out of the way off to the side anyway, so I leave it there and just whip the keyboard onto my lap for typing more than a few keystrokes. This works as I have a board clamed under my steering wheel to support other stuff which gives me space to use the mouse without the stand.

It really needs full right angle bends in the support post instead of the 45 to be able to swing fully in and out but I don't have any issues with getting it to sit at an angle off to one side where it's quite usable.

Mine has a small slope depending on which way it's facing on the pivot and where the load is. You can probably tweak it a little.... but carefully as I have had to reweld the pin back onto the platefrom leaning on it too hard!

Now as I have my rig up against a wall on the right I have it mounted as far forward as it goes so I can have it on the same size as the shifter which is just far enough back that I can swing the stand over it lifting it slightly off the bottom pivot....

You'll find some pics in the cockpit setup thread.

It's all a bit of a compromise but hopefully something helpful for you in all that even if it's just that you are not alone!
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Spidey_11 Here's some pics in various different arrangements.

The older pics the stand is on the right, but It's good having the keys on the same side as the shifter (left) so you can use the same hand off the wheel for both and always keep one hand on during racing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Nice pics. Can anyone else show their setups so I can sort mine out :)
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I have a homemade rig and I made a bracket that holds my bluetooth logitech keyboard which is mounted on the LHS of my wheel. My mouse just sits on the desk in front of the monitor.
    I'll take a pic when I get home
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    [​IMG]
    This works well and I only need to lean forward for the mouse