PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    To ALL ROOZ DRIVERS. Yet another post regarding driving etiquette.

As a member of the stewards team, I am privy to all of the average driving here in our league, and TBH a vast majority of incidents appear to be caused by poor spacial awareness/failure to allow racing space.

All of the current League platforms have warning arrows telling you there is another driver close, and where it is in relation to you. PCars also has the option for the pit crew chief to tell you where and when a car is near you, which I personally find very helpful. I'm not sure if these assists can be turned off, but I think maybe we need to make it a rule that they should remain on.

There have been a number of instances where if just a little room was left, the attacking driver may not necessarily be able to make the pass, but at least both drivers would be able to continue on without incident. Or maybe they may have made the pass, but been on the wrong line for the turn and lost the position again.

My next point of concern is the lax attitude some people have recently shown regarding the rule about changing lines to try break a draft/block drivers. We have had a couple of borderline instances pass through the stewards group and feel it may need to be highlighted to ensure everyone is aware of what is allowed.

Directly quoting RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0:

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not drastically change their line in a corner in order to prevent a car behind from passing.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may make one tactful change of line in approaching a corner to defend their position.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not swerve from side to side at any point of the track to prevent the following car from gaining the tow.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) must maintain a straight line when driving down a straight.

Pretty straight forward stuff.

As Stu has said many a time, this is a game, there are no sheep-stations, and a good clean battle (I think) can be just as rewarding and gratifying as a win. Some courtesy towards other drivers, a bit of common sense and a better awareness of what is going on around you will make yours and your fellow racers' night much more enjoyable, and take some of the load off the stewards for stuff that should not even be an issue.

Thankyou
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  2. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    No I'm happy for you Rhino :) ......... No animosity here my little friend .
  3. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Now he will read this as if you were Scarface
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  4. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
  5. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    No I'm happy for you Rhino :) ......... No animosity here my little friend .

As he says this he has a desert eagle with full clip ready to unload on the little guy :devilish:
    RHINO11 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, just wanted to confirm that this weeks round at Catalunya WILL BE A FULL WET ROUND.

I did some testing last night with all settings and can confirm there have been some changes somewhere along the line to the way live track works and how drivable the car is in extreme wet conditions....That said the live track is unbelievable the way it works... If the patch lives up to expectation we will have a fantastic season 2.

We tried (thanks to @truss1984 @SuiCid3 @Bounty05 and @RHINO11) running all wet weather option including thunderstorm, storm and rain (heavy) and the car is more than drivable ! The track definitely evolves and driving around the puddles and standing water certainly adds another element.

Will be testing tonight to finalise exact details, but for private practice sake,

run 2 weather slots -
    1. rain
    2. thunderstorm
    with all other date and time settings as per the previously stated regs
    .....Will update today as i get time in the OP

Also, if you havent already, please read ad2mnys post re driving standards.....all divs just need to be 5% better for great racing right through the field. Things are just a bit sloppy at the moment.

1. @Slambobagan
    2. @its-benny-racer
    3. @Coojak3009
    4. @nigegunz
    5. @mikeruntbike
    6. @xX8HellrasieR8Xx
    7. @POPPINFRESH1234
    8. @RHINO11
    9. @v8power383
    10. @Nathan Storrier
    11. @AOCleaner74
    12. @Blindman
    13. @Kart-No-1
    14. @jasondull1986
    15. @SUBGTRACER

Thanks stu

7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    R5. BARCELONA GP
    - 23 LAPS - WET RACE - 1/6/17
    Qualifying @ 1pm - rain
    Race Start @ 2pm - Thunderstorm / light rain / rain / rain
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]

Ok guys, we have been pretty vocal in trying to get everyone to give a little more room to stop some of the unnecessary contact in the last few races....
    PLEASE take notice of the following :
    - Have your proximity indicators ON
    - Use your in game spotter... Really does make things much easier to know where other cars are and can help to stop contact. If you need help to find these options let us know.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.
    - Exit of turn 2 into 3 make sure you dont run wide on exit
    - The chicane (turns 14 and 15) please observe the curbs...

CONTACT : We have gone over this far too many times in the last 2 rounds.... We have lost drivers due to rough driving. We all know the deal with avoiding contact, if you do make a mistake give the spot back.
    It's not that hard

COMPULSORY PIT STOP
    : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

RACE RESTARTS : This has popped up a couple of times this season. Our goal is to 'try' to give everyone a fair chance of racing.....The room host "MAY" decide that if there is a crash due to a race start incident, mass DSC or an obvious issue. Its a balancing act for all involved, trying to get everyone a race, remembering that every restart is another 10 or 15 mins.....cann be frustrating, especially if youve gone from 10th to 2nd but please look at the bigger picture !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved ! I believe some people havent been able to save, this may mean you need to clear out some space from your replay library...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry guys i wont be racing this weekend. Good luck to you all
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  9. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Thanks cleaner .
  10. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    @stucar17 Tyres overheat after 1 lap in qually, can we change to a wetter setting?
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    we ran 4 or 5 races 2 nights ago and had no issue with tyres at all......only time tyres got hot was front left in the second weather slot (5 laps) and then they cooled again when last 2 'rain' slots hit
  12. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Race is fine it’s just the qualifying session, track is almost dry
  13. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Don't worry if your tyres are fresh and Poppin .
    Anthonyb and SuiCid3 like this.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    @stucar17 i would definitely have a look at the traditional first weather slot in the race for Quali, light rain in qualifying is unbearable, track doesn’t have enough water on it and the FL cooks after 1 lap, making it impossible to improve after lap 1....may as well sit in the garage for the last 6 minutes

EDIT: It also understeers like a mother:):):):)er which is seriously unenjoyable, I found the light rain setting bearable in the rave but that’s it
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    fancy it understeering in the rain !

Will look at it again tonight
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    No, as in the understeer in Quali seemed very over the top, in the race the undesteer was as expected. Maybe I had a setting wrong :cautious::cautious: Wouldn’t be surprised
  17. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Just go full wet qualy as well
  18. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

just did a run & the light rain settings seem to be between the slick & the wet tyre, shame there is no intermediates available
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think when we tested a couple of nights ago we only had 5 mins qual. Makes sense they overheat.
    Will confirm change tomorrow.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.